Reach TU: Armor Lock Fix with Proof!

As it is common knowledge now that bloom will be removed with certain weapons and the meleeing system has been modified to a Halo 3 feel, if you missed it (I know I did) the Damnation gameplay offered a new fix, regarding armor lock .

Apparently the weaker you are going into armor lock, the less time you have available to be in armor lock. A FANTASIC fix if you ask me!

I agree. 343i really are handling this upcoming TU superbly!

343i, if you’re listening, I <3 you guys. :slight_smile:

It seems to me that Armor Lock was working just fine until that rather huge grenade explosion, which seemed to drain a huge chunk at once, rather like a sort of energy shield.

he destroyed this video with the stupid new armor/weapons suggestion text. Its prob just a damage modifier, unless they also compile the CEA weapons into the maps, which would be awesome.

hes a nooblet who reads forum posts and makes it into a video.

> It seems to me that Armor Lock was working just fine until that rather huge grenade explosion, which seemed to drain a huge chunk at once, rather like a sort of energy shield.

That’s what I thought after viewing the video again.

Apparently the armor lock decreases at a faster rate when it absorbs damage, forcing the player to come out of lock faster. I like it!

> he destroyed this video with the stupid new armor/weapons suggestion text. Its prob just a damage modifier, unless they also compile the CEA weapons into the maps, which would be awesome.
>
> hes a nooblet who reads forum posts and makes it into a video.

Maybe, but he makes good points. Who wants to surf endless threads when all the vital information is summed up in a video?

I thought the news of the removal of DMR bloom was exciting… Well, looks like i need a new pair of boxers… AGAIN

> I thought the news of the removal of DMR bloom was exciting… Well, looks like i need a new pair of boxers… AGAIN

Don’t forget bleedthrough melee’s. Gonna need one more pair.

> Apparently the weaker you are going into armor lock, the less time you have available to be in armor lock. A FANTASIC fix if you ask me!

Nope, that’s not it.

From what I can tell, it looks like that if you sustain (or rather avoid) damage while in armor lock, this decreases the time you can spend ALing. The guy in the video goes into AL with a full AL-charge and it decreases gradually at first. Then a grenade explodes right next to him and the AL-charge gets drained by almost 50% AT ONCE.

I think that this is the perfect fix. It doesn’t render AL useless beause it still allows you to avoid damage, but you won’t survive multiple grenades thrown at you anymore.

Aaah, Halo’s returning to its old self. :slight_smile:

YES YES YES THEY FIXED ARMOR LOCK EXACTLY HOW I WANTED THEM TO FIX IT. I’VE BEEN SUGGESTING THIS FOR SO LONG. YESSSSSS!

I love 343i.

I wonder if this is only for the classic playlist or if it will bleed over into the normal reach…

Armor lock is not fixed, spamming is still present.

Wow. That’s a perfect fix for Armour Lock, I didn’t even think of this, neither did many other people in the Halo forums. Let’s just see how well this lack of bloom goes. If it goes well, we might even see Halo 4 playing similar to how Halo 2 played, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

> > Apparently the weaker you are going into armor lock, the less time you have available to be in armor lock. A FANTASIC fix if you ask me!
>
> Nope, that’s not it.
>
> From what I can tell, it looks like that if you sustain (or rather avoid) damage while in armor lock, this decreases the time you can spend ALing. The guy in the video goes into AL with a full AL-charge and it decreases gradually at first. Then a grenade explodes right next to him and the AL-charge gets drained by almost 50% AT ONCE.
>
> I think that this is the perfect fix. It doesn’t render AL useless beause it still allows you to avoid damage, but you won’t survive multiple grenades thrown at you anymore.

That’s what I stated in my third post. Either way, its a great fix. he fact that no one would have thought of that leads me to believe Halo is in the right hands.

> I wonder if this is only for the classic playlist or if it will bleed over into the normal reach…

Well from everything that I’ve read I would say just Classic. 343 have constantly stated that if you like Reach as is not to worry because it will stay the same, maybe we’ll get some hybrid stuff. To get a definitive answer we will just have to wait and see I guess.
I think this whole scenario is interesting, I bet 343 will get a lot of useful information to see how people really like to play.

Wait don’t you lose a fraction of armor lock if you don’t use it up all the way already,and isn’t that what happened in the video?

> Wait don’t you lose a fraction of armor lock if you don’t use it up all the way already,and isn’t that what happened in the video?

It looked to me it happened just after the explosion. Then he came out a second later and killed both the spartens.

> Wait don’t you lose a fraction of armor lock if you don’t use it up all the way already,and isn’t that what happened in the video?

If you take damage now in Armor Lock, the thing that gets “hit” is the Armor Ability meter, causing it to decrease at a much faster rate and causes you to break out of armor lock faster.

> I wonder if this is only for the classic playlist or if it will bleed over into the normal reach…

Hopefully all will go well and everything will be generally accepted. Over time the new changes will probably bleed through (c wut I did thar?) into the original playlists, much like in Halo 3 when eventually all playlists required the DLC.

I could see it happening where, in the future, the “Classic” playlist will be what Reach originally was in terms of gameplay, and the modern playlists will have the TU effects.