Reach title update

my opinion no i hate it and i hate the fact that 343 stuck it into all my favorite play lists insted of keeping it in its own, if it title update is voted to stay on halo reach im off back to halo 3.

> my opinion no i hate it and i hate the fact that 343 stuck it into all my favorite play lists insted of keeping it in its own, if it title update is voted to stay on halo reach im off back to halo 3.

Love it. See ya!

it is a huge improvement over vanilla settings, however it did not bring enough change and wasn’t implemented correctly.

look here to see why they didn’t change more and why i am right
http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst59387_The-Failure-of-Reach-s-MM-and-How-to-Avoid-it-in-Halo-4.aspx

Its great except for bleedthrough and the glitches that have come along with bleedthrough. I hope 343i will do the smart thing and remove bleedthrough from the TU.

I hate it with passion, now I only play Team Slayer and Invasion, and some ocasional TU BTB.

> I hate it with passion, now I only play Team Slayer and Invasion, and some ocasional TU BTB.

Same, except i’m not touching TU Btb. The bloom reduction allowed Dmr wielders to spam a Warthog Gunner to death ridiculously fast and that is my chosen role in BTB, suffice to say, I have not recieved that well when four bullets are able to leave me near death and they come in rapidly enough that my driver can’t evade enough to prevent it.

It is awful. And I haven’t seen 343 do anything worth praise. If this -Yoink- keeps up, I’ll be back to Halo 3 in no time flat.

well i liked the “old” halo reach more^^

> It is awful. And I haven’t seen 343 do anything worth praise. If this Yoink! keeps up, I’ll be back to Halo 3 in no time flat.

Tootles! Welcome to Waypoint!

Thanks 343i for all that you’ve done!

> > I hate it with passion, now I only play Team Slayer and Invasion, and some ocasional TU BTB.
>
> Same, except i’m not touching TU Btb. The bloom reduction allowed Dmr wielders to spam a Warthog Gunner to death ridiculously fast and that is my chosen role in BTB, suffice to say, I have not recieved that well when four bullets are able to leave me near death and they come in rapidly enough that my driver can’t evade enough to prevent it.

You say that like the Warthog isn’t already big enough for the DMR, even at full bloom, to hit at range. When the DMR reticule is blue, there is no aim assist, so it is actually fairly difficult to hit a shot at extreme range.

> Its great except for bleedthrough and the glitches that have come along with bleedthrough. I hope 343i will do the smart thing and remove bleedthrough from the TU.

There is one glitch that is fixed 100% by adding in 75% melee damage.

I personally don’t care for the TU, but it’s not as bad as I originally thought it would be like. As long as Invasion doesn’t get affected by the TU I’ll be good.

> > > I hate it with passion, now I only play Team Slayer and Invasion, and some ocasional TU BTB.
> >
> > Same, except i’m not touching TU Btb. The bloom reduction allowed Dmr wielders to spam a Warthog Gunner to death ridiculously fast and that is my chosen role in BTB, suffice to say, I have not recieved that well when four bullets are able to leave me near death and they come in rapidly enough that my driver can’t evade enough to prevent it.
>
> You say that like the Warthog isn’t already big enough for the DMR, even at full bloom, to hit at range. When the DMR reticule is blue, there is no aim assist, so it is actually fairly difficult to hit a shot at extreme range.

We dodge a fair amount of damage from DMR sources in the hog. The issue came from the fact that the fire rate was effectively increased with the bloom reduction. The person we were dealing with in this instance was close by and when he first started firing, my turret was pointing away. When the shots were coming in my friend was already angling the hog to block and i took four something rounds before i could whip the turret around.

First Tu run we got into the warthog. We hadn’t even moved off the spawn when I started to get cross mapped in the head with dmr shots coming in at a rapid rate. I was nearly killed by someone perched on the hemmorage base before my driver could move to put rocks between him and us. We’ve been through alot of warthog carange, but the Tu changes made the gunner even more vulnerable to fire than before. Bad enough having a sniper after my head, last thing i need are dmr’s firing at a quicker rate in the nearby area.

> > Its great except for bleedthrough and the glitches that have come along with bleedthrough. I hope 343i will do the smart thing and remove bleedthrough from the TU.
>
> There is one glitch that is fixed 100% by adding in 75% melee damage.

Wrong, the health pack glitch and health regeneration glitches are not fixed completely by reducing melee damage. They happen when a melee cuts into the health, meaning the only way to make melee completely consistant again besides fixing the glitch is making melee a one hit kill (which would be awful), or making melees do NO damage at all (also awful).

Its great. I wish they would have changed more (movement speeds/grenades).

It is no different than the series of patches Halo 2 had. In the end we get a more consistent game that rewards individual skill more prominently.

I’m a big fan of the TU! Bleed-through is a bit annoying, though.

However, I’m also a fan of vanilla Reach. I started playing Reach with those settings, and quite frankly, I didn’t see much wrong with them. Just minor annoyances.

I’ve been playing it for awhile, always voting during game selection and I can say honestly if it passes, I’ll enjoy it.

The thing with video games (And even life) is to adapt to new settings; so let’s do it.

Yes I do, all updates, even bad ones, are better then no updates. The update has not fixed Reach, but it as made it better, it’s possible to play and have quite fun, something long lost since Halo 3/ODST. It ainät perfect, but it’s 10x better then vanilla at least :slight_smile:

Anyone else HATE the title update? I used to love Reach, Bungie had the formula perfect. However, the Halo 3 syle of play had so many problems, bringing it back was NOT the right decision. I’m so disappointed in 343, and I’m no longer looking forward to Halo 4. Please don’t break my heart again 343.

The title update is bad. I play Halo Reach for how it originally was. Other than minor things like the old sniper camping spots on Hemorrhage there wasn’t anything that needed changing. Reach is it’s own game and should stay that way it was made. Big changes like this were meant for the Beta before the game was released. I hope the see the TU removed, but I’m afraid that it won’t. 343 promised that it would stay on a few select playlists and now it’s threatening to move into all of them. Please keep the majority of the playlists how they originally were.