Reach & the Bulletin

I was enjoying the vague description of Wraparound and hoping for another on Warhouse. I was greeted with this sentence.

“Now, instead of focusing on what I can’t share right now, let’s move on to things I can freely discuss. Like Reach.”

I immediately stopped reading and started frantically searching the remainder of the article for the words “Halo 4.”

I’m sorry to say, but I don’t think anyone cares about Reach anymore and would rather you focus on “the things you can’t share right now.”

> I was enjoying the vague description of Wraparound and hoping for another on Warhouse. I was greeted with this sentence.
>
> “Now, instead of focusing on what I can’t share right now, let’s move on to things I can freely discuss. Like Reach.”
>
> I immediately stopped reading and started frantically searching the remainder of the article for the words “Halo 4.”
>
> I’m sorry to say, but I don’t think anyone cares about Reach anymore and would rather you focus on “the things you can’t share right now.”

I do, so do many other people.

> “Like Reach.”
>
> I immediately stopped reading

Same here, but this

“Stylistically, the philosophy behind the layout of the map is closer to some of the small, symmetrical arenas in Halo: CE, 2, and 3. We wanted something balanced and tuned for competitive play, and something that supports Halo in its purest form: aiming, running, shooting, and jumping.”

and this,

“I can neither confirm nor deny that fancy-schmancy jumping may be involved in those routes. I can say, however, that fancy-schmancy jumping is definitely involved in those routes.”

made me go: YES!

> I was enjoying the vague description of Wraparound and hoping for another on Warhouse. I was greeted with this sentence.
>
> “Now, instead of focusing on what I can’t share right now, let’s move on to things I can freely discuss. Like Reach.”
>
> I immediately stopped reading and started frantically searching the remainder of the article for the words “Halo 4.”
>
> I’m sorry to say, but I don’t think anyone cares about Reach anymore and would rather you focus on “the things you can’t share right now.”

I’m with you brother. I wish they’d just stopped talking about that travesty.

Agreed. Once they took Bleedthrough out of the TU, I couldn’t care less about Reach. I’m only hopping on every once in a while if some friends are running in the MLG playlist, and maybe for a game or two of Anniversary FFA.

>
>
>

same bro same :frowning: honestly Halo R-…or just (reach) should go it was horrific.

Gentlemen… Rea… erm… “THAT GAME” never existed. And it shall not be talked about >.>.

Ha, I was right in saying that it was going to be annoyingly vague. 343 did not disappoint.

I care about Reach. You’re more than welcome to stop reading whenever you’d like. I just don’t understand why you would bother making a post about how little you care for Reach. They said in the bulletin that information they withhold about Halo 4 is because it isn’t in its final iteration, and they don’t want to disappoint if something gets pulled.

If they said nothing about Reach, the bulletin would have been only a couple paragraphs long. Some people still care about Reach, myself included.

> Gentlemen… Rea… erm… “THAT GAME” never existed. And it shall not be talked about >.>.

It’s funny. On Halo’s Wikipedia page Reach is mentioned once as a spin-off. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Ha, I was right in saying that it was going to be annoyingly vague. 343 did not disappoint.

I remember that post. :stuck_out_tongue:

> I care about Reach. You’re more than welcome to stop reading whenever you’d like. I just don’t understand why you would bother making a post about how little you care for Reach. They said in the bulletin that information they withhold about Halo 4 is because it isn’t in its final iteration, and they don’t want to disappoint if something gets pulled.
>
> If they said nothing about Reach, the bulletin would have been only a couple paragraphs long. Some people still care about Reach, myself included.

You have to understand that not a lot of people do though. The game is dead.

I would rather them have half an article on vague Halo 4 information than a quarter of an article with vague Halo 4 information and the rest pointless rehashes of old information on a game I don’t even want to think about.

> > Gentlemen… Rea… erm… “THAT GAME” never existed. And it shall not be talked about >.>.
>
> It’s funny. On Halo’s Wikipedia page Reach is mentioned once as a spin-off. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
> > Ha, I was right in saying that it was going to be annoyingly vague. 343 did not disappoint.
>
> I remember that post. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
> > I care about Reach. You’re more than welcome to stop reading whenever you’d like. I just don’t understand why you would bother making a post about how little you care for Reach. They said in the bulletin that information they withhold about Halo 4 is because it isn’t in its final iteration, and they don’t want to disappoint if something gets pulled.
> >
> > If they said nothing about Reach, the bulletin would have been only a couple paragraphs long. Some people still care about Reach, myself included.
>
> You have to understand that not a lot of people do though. The game is dead.
>
> I would rather them have half an article on vague Halo 4 information than a quarter of an article with vague Halo 4 information and the rest pointless rehashes of old information on a game I don’t even want to think about.

What I’m trying to say is that the Reach information isn’t shortening your Halo 4 information. If it simply bugs you to see Reach in there at all, that’s a bit selfish. Cutting out all of the Reach info isn’t going to suddenly make them divulge more information about H4. I don’t see your logic in complaining about Reach being included. You can call the game dead all you want, but it’s still being supported, and it still has a steady community.

> What I’m trying to say is that the Reach information isn’t shortening your Halo 4 information. If it simply bugs you to see Reach in there at all, that’s a bit selfish. Cutting out all of the Reach info isn’t going to suddenly make them divulge more information about H4. I don’t see your logic in complaining about Reach being included. You can call the game dead all you want, but it’s still being supported, and it still has a steady community.

Well in that case why don’t we get some Halo 3 info? It is still being supported and has a “steady” community.

I did the same.

Its not that I dont care about reach, its that there really isnt new info I can learn about it.
I saw a custom challenges screen below the H4 stuff and since im an inheritor it didnt even mildly peak my interest.
The april MM update wont be up for about another week so I dont really care.

Also OP:
You think because you skipped some “reach updates” that no one gives a darn about reach? Wow, so if you order a pizza everyone in the world must like pepperoni huh.

> What I’m trying to say is that the Reach information isn’t shortening your Halo 4 information. If it simply bugs you to see Reach in there at all, that’s a bit selfish. Cutting out all of the Reach info isn’t going to suddenly make them divulge more information about H4. I don’t see your logic in complaining about Reach being included. You can call the game dead all you want, but it’s still being supported, and it still has a steady community.

It is though. This is their logic.

“Why divulge more Halo 4 information when we can fill this article with Reach junk?”

A lot of people couldn’t give a -Yoink- about Halo Reach any more, but there are still some people who DO. They need to cater for everyone that uses the website.

> I did the same.
>
> Its not that I dont care about reach, its that there really isnt new info I can learn about it.
> I saw a custom challenges screen below the H4 stuff and since im an inheritor it didnt even mildly peak my interest.
> The april MM update wont be up for about another week so I dont really care.
>
> Also OP:
> You think because you skipped some “reach updates” that no one gives a darn about reach? Wow, so if you order a pizza everyone in the world must like pepperoni huh.

No, I think that because of the community’s general distaste in the game.

> > What I’m trying to say is that the Reach information isn’t shortening your Halo 4 information. If it simply bugs you to see Reach in there at all, that’s a bit selfish. Cutting out all of the Reach info isn’t going to suddenly make them divulge more information about H4. I don’t see your logic in complaining about Reach being included. You can call the game dead all you want, but it’s still being supported, and it still has a steady community.
>
> Well in that case why don’t we get some Halo 3 info? It is still being supported and has a “steady” community.

Halo 3 hasn’t had a playlist update in ages. It still has a community, but there’s no news. There is, however, news about Reach. The bulletin would be the place to share said news. Don’t be daft. There’s still support for Reach from the devs, not for H3.

> Halo 3 hasn’t had a playlist update in ages. It still has a community, but there’s no news. There is, however, news about Reach. The bulletin would be the place to share said news. Don’t be daft. There’s still support for Reach from the devs, not for H3.

My post was more of a play on what you called a “steady community” in regards to Reach.

> > What I’m trying to say is that the Reach information isn’t shortening your Halo 4 information. If it simply bugs you to see Reach in there at all, that’s a bit selfish. Cutting out all of the Reach info isn’t going to suddenly make them divulge more information about H4. I don’t see your logic in complaining about Reach being included. You can call the game dead all you want, but it’s still being supported, and it still has a steady community.
>
> Well in that case why don’t we get some Halo 3 info? It is still being supported and has a “steady” community.

I know you are being sarcastic and trying to prove a point, but Im doing this anyway:
Reach is the latest halo title, updated monthly, and has a pop of roughly 100k.
H3 is 5 years old, hasnt been updated in 2 years, and has a pop of roughly <10k.

Why do you think we dont get “halo 3 info”? Same reason we dont get news from Antarctica.
Its because there is nothing to talk about.

> > I did the same.
> >
> > Its not that I dont care about reach, its that there really isnt new info I can learn about it.
> > I saw a custom challenges screen below the H4 stuff and since im an inheritor it didnt even mildly peak my interest.
> > The april MM update wont be up for about another week so I dont really care.
> >
> > Also OP:
> > You think because you skipped some “reach updates” that no one gives a darn about reach? Wow, so if you order a pizza everyone in the world must like pepperoni huh.
>
> No, I think that because of the community’s general distaste in the game.

oh you must mean the waypoint forum community of what 2, 3k people?
maybe you meant the bnet of 500-1000 people.
or maybe the people that play the game daily, you know, the 100k people. get off your bandwagon