Reach Style customization confirmed?!?

Read it earlier, not sure if IGN is completely reliable but it seems to have been “confirmed” that Reach Style Armor Customization is coming back for HI.

If this is true, then I will be hyped!! Keep it up 343, its little information like this that matters the most!!

Correct, it was mentioned first in the 343 weekly stream on mixer. There are also other threads that go over this information and more. You should check them out.

IGN is making clickbaity headlines to get views.

Reach customization was not “confirmed” for Infinite. 343 simply said that fans of Reach-style customization will be happy with Infinite. This could mean many things, but it doesn’t confirm that we will see every aspect of Reach’s customization in Infinite.

I’m fine with that. But I see 343 setting a ridiculously high credit amount for things resulting in a 40 hour grind for a shoulder pad. Then they will create paid credit packs making the armor meaningless to those that did it the hard way.

> 2533274907586463;1:
> Read it earlier, not sure if IGN is completely reliable but it seems to have been “confirmed” that Reach Style Armor Customization is coming back for HI.
>
> If this is true, then I will be hyped!! Keep it up 343, its little information like this that matters the most!!

Like Chimera30 stated, IGN clickbait. I recall something along the lines of, customisation and progression inspired by Reach. I think IGN have gone off on one, again.

> 2535473219036906;4:
> I’m fine with that. But I see 343 setting a ridiculously high credit amount for things resulting in a 40 hour grind for a shoulder pad. Then they will create paid credit packs making the armor meaningless to those that did it the hard way.

To be fair I’d rather grind 100 hours or more for an armor piece I WANT over 2-3 hours for req pack random junk.

Halo Reach style armor customization in Halo Infinite would be a MASSIVE +1 for me because Reach’s was the most in depth customization in the series compare to poor regress versions on Halo 4 & 5.

Now all 343 needs to do is to do away with that terrible lootbox system and bring back commendations/leveling up to unlock armor like Halo 4.

Black Under Suits+ Reach Customisation

I definitely load the sound of that, but since they’re bringing the Loot Box…god I hated saying that, for the love of god don’t put Armor in there, make Armor earned though leveling, Commendations and achievements

> 2533274909139271;6:
> > 2535473219036906;4:
> > I’m fine with that. But I see 343 setting a ridiculously high credit amount for things resulting in a 40 hour grind for a shoulder pad. Then they will create paid credit packs making the armor meaningless to those that did it the hard way.
>
> To be fair I’d rather grind 100 hours or more for an armor piece I WANT over 2-3 hours for req pack random junk.

Exactly, I’m grinding for Mark VI in Halo Reach, id play it for 3 hours to get the required Credits I need

> 2535428779736382;8:
> Black Under Suits+ Reach Customisation
>
> I definitely load the sound of that, but since they’re bringing the Loot Box…god I hated saying that, for the love of god don’t put Armor in there, make Armor earned though leveling, Commendations and achievements

Microtransactions are confirmed but real-money loot boxes are officially not in the game. So you don’t need to worry about that.

Source.

Although grind-based loot boxes may see an appearance, that wouldn’t make much sense to me.

Closing this in favor of an existing discussion thread
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/halo-reach-style-customization/71e3e771-065d-4126-b5d7-329d2ab38337/posts