Reach server issues

As every Reach player that currently frequents these forums is aware, over the course of the past few months multiplayer matchmaking is unreliable at best. This post is a request for 343 to explain what exactly is going on with our favorite game and to let us know what the issue is with the servers lately. A post of mine was immediately locked a few days ago for no valid reason but hopefully if other faithful players like myself respond in kind and inquire as to what is going on we will not be ignored. I understand that 343 has responded in a different post that work is ongoing but am hopeful for a more detailed reply here. I know via friends on XBL that older games have no such issues yet this game released years after those has multiple problems that are only vaguely explained by a supposed 343 employee that based on his forum identity has no direct affiliation with the company(granted, mods have not not disputed his posts so I’m inclined to believe he does indeed work for the company).

I believe I speak for a lot of people here when I ask for this simple response. Reach is the last enjoyable game of the Halo franchise and is evidenced by the loyal population the game had before all of these various matchmaking issues. Please let us know exactly what is going on with the servers so we can again fully enjoy the best halo game that has been produced to date.

To clarify, Unyshek has been with 343i for quite some time, so no need to worry about whether or not he works there. Additionally, only employees get the “343 Industries” subtitle below their username.

Can’t really comment on specifics about what they’re doing, but 343i can’t dedicate large teams for maintaining an old game running old tech. It’s not ideal, but I think it’s better they have someone performing maintenance for longevity rather than not.

Is anyone else missing kills in firefight matchmaking? The other stats look to be being picked up but games worth of kills don’t appear.

> 2533274949903081;3:
> Is anyone else missing kills in firefight matchmaking? The other stats look to be being picked up but games worth of kills don’t appear.

I just played a game to test that out, and all 438 of my kills that game were properly added to my total, though it did take a long time for the service record to download. The one thing I have noticed about firefight lately is that it has been extremely laggy, moreso than in the past. Perhaps I just got a handful of very poor connections a few days in a row though.

> 2533274824050480;2:
> To clarify, Unyshek has been with 343i for quite some time, so no need to worry about whether or not he works there. Additionally, only employees get the “343 Industries” subtitle below their username.
>
> Can’t really comment on specifics about what they’re doing, but 343i can’t dedicate large teams for maintaining an old game running old tech. It’s not ideal, but I think it’s better they have someone performing maintaining for longevity rather than not.

I recognize the name you mentioned and it was a different person that has been commenting. I fully realize that a large team isn’t going to be working on a game this old, but at the very least we deserve to have a playable game. I’m not asking for playlist revisions, removal of the outdated welcome screens, overhaul of the Cr system, etc…just a game that doesn’t kick players out of lobbies and searches for no reason almost every single time.

> 2682054420954072;4:
> > 2533274949903081;3:
> > Is anyone else missing kills in firefight matchmaking? The other stats look to be being picked up but games worth of kills don’t appear.
>
> I just played a game to test that out, and all 438 of my kills that game were properly added to my total, though it did take a long time for the service record to download. The one thing I have noticed about firefight lately is that it has been extremely laggy, moreso than in the past. Perhaps I just got a handful of very poor connections a few days in a row though.

That’s why I only play Score Attack, it’s lag-free & has Gruntpocalypse in the mix, and we all know we love doing to Grunts

I only play score attack to finish off various challenges, other than that arcadefight goes much faster unless you happen to get stuck with inept teammates that sit back and do very little or just flat out afk to lazily complete a weekly such as the current one.

As for the server issues, any update on what’s going on? In another post someone had said it would be fixed by Monday or Tuesday.

I signed on tonight at just around 11PM EST and the servers were down. I kept the game running in the background hoping it would come back on before I went to sleep. 3 hours later and still the Reach servers are down. Why have I not yet received a response in this thread about what’s going on with the “aging servers” when other older games are working just fine?(and yes I did play Halo 3 yesterday - other than taking a while to find a game due to low population - I experienced none of the game searching issues that have plagued this game recently despite that game running on even more aged servers).

It’s down for me in the west coast too. I’m going to bed now and I’ll check tomorrow and reply to this thread.

Redirecting to the existing topic about this issue as we don’t need multiple topics open
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/cdecc00475c645b9a4d0a156fb542d59/topics/343-response-reach-servers-down/57350f64-2ad9-4189-8c18-79084a3dccb9/posts