Reach Remakes in Classic?

Now, Anniversary is only shipping with 6 classic maps. That doesn’t seem quite enough to me to support differing gametypes, from 4v4 to doubles to big team. I think 343 would be wise to include a couple Reach remakes.

I’m aware that Pinnacle and Hemorrage are both poor remakes, but I’m sure there’s better forge remakes made by the community that coulld be included. Reflection and Asylum, on the other hand, are great remakes and definitely should be considered to be used in Anniversary playlists. There’s also other CE/H2 maps that have been remade by the community that are MM-worthy.

But I don’t want the Classic Playlists to be polluted with too many forge maps, nor does anyone. So I think 343 would be best off to take, say, the top 2 or 3 community remakes for the Classic Playlists, just enough to have enough maps for variety’s sake. Reflection+3 community maps+6 maps shipped would put us at 10 maps, which would provide a much healthier Classic experience.

Thoughts?

You do know there’s going to be 14 maps shipped with the Game, right? A classic version of each along with a version that has been altered and “updated”.

> You do know there’s going to be 14 maps shipped with the Game, right? A classic version of each along with a version that has been altered and “updated”.

v.v It’s 7 maps. Only 6 are Multiplayer. You aren’t editing a FF map. Soo in your example the number would be 13:P
but they aren’t seperate maps. I mean… adding a tunnel and replacing a few things doesn’t change a map:) it’s just a varient ^.^ but yeah I get what you’re saying… but still… when it comes to classic only 6 maps will be used.

Well maybe they’ll put that extra space to good use and give us Forge 3.0?

The Classic Playlist should contain these maps:

• 6 Anniversary maps
  • Reflection (With Halo 2 spawn point and weapon placement)
  • Ascension (Popular fan edit of Pinnacle with Halo 2 spawn point, weapon placement, and completed tower)
  • Sanctuary (Popular fan remake of Asylum with Halo 2 spawn point and weapon placement)
  • Coagulation (Popular fan edit of Hemorrhage with Halo 2 spawn point, weapon, vehicle placement, and Halo 2 bases)

Then there would be 10 Classic maps.

The 4 Reach remakes would be ascetically different, as Ascension is on the rocky Pillar surrounded by ocean, Sanctuary utilizes only grey Forge pieces, Coagulation takes place in the green, lush canyon, and Reflection isn’t even in Forge World. They would be great additions to the Classic playlist.

Honestly, I’m really hoping for one of the classic maps to be part of a new forge world, because that’s quite the thing reach needs (or at least one thing that reach is desperately in need for), so that in the case that forge made maps be included in classic, there would at least be a variety.