Reach now has a chance

First off all I’d like to say I’ve played all the Halo’s before their patches. I’ve played hundreds upon hundreds of games. I’m not a try-hard, I’m just a decent casual player that pays attention to detail.

Halo 2 prior to the patch was pretty bad. The MAJOR change was the melee. What do I mean? You didn’t know it took FIVE (yes 5, not 2, 5) melees to kill someone. Then Bungie releases a patch, and it only took 2.

Halo 3 prior to the patch the melee seemed to work randomly and was broken. Patch comes out, both players die if it’s too close to judge who has more health.

343 is working with certain affinity (I’m assuming for the patch also) and guess who runs certain affinity? The guy who was lead for the two best multiplayer’s of the franchise, Halo CE and Halo 2.

Halo lost the crown of most played xbox live game for a reason. Something is wrong, and I don’t want YOU to screw up a patch that might keep this game alive for years to come. 343 has ONE shot to get this right, and I don’t want to hear “We left armor lock and bloom alone because that’s what YOU WANTED”

NO ONE WANTS THAT. Bloom doesn’t work as intended, NEITHER does armor lock.

thanks for reading my rant.

> thanks for reading my rant.

You’re welcome. Oh, and I agree.

> Halo lost the crown of most played xbox live game for a reason.

Correct, CoD let’s you always headshot, spawn instantly (except specific gametypes), not worry about friendly fire (except specific gametypes), drop in and out of games at will and holds your hand/aiming system for you. (I could go on to describe the true difference between a game meant be casual and a game meant to be hardcore, but needless to say, CE and Reach are hardcore games, Halo2, 3 and CoD are not. Hardcore players, yes. Hardcore mechanics, no.)

Reach always had a TU coming, it just never needed to fix anything like 2 or 3 did. Because coding takes time to create and debug, no fix is instant. And just look at MW2 and what happens when you release too quickly, patch too quickly, react too quickly… ya know, do the opposite of Bungie and 343i’s philosophies. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right. If it’s not a rush, don’t rush it… except of ZBD. I hate that day because it is soooooo not the right term. How about “meh, we tried day” :wink:

I don’t think they’ll completely remove an armor ability but removing the bloom is definitely plausible.

> I don’t think they’ll completely remove an armor ability but removing the bloom is definitely plausible.

I don’t think we’re going to see anything like that… not across the board.

Keep in mind this is just speculation on my part:

Reach will still be Reach. They’re not going to take out Bloom, or AAs, or make the jump-height higher or player speed faster, or change the melee, damage-bleed. Not in regular matchmaking.

I think the TU will introduce a new set of custom game options that allow 343 to create playlists with true “classic” gameplay features. This week’s bulletin mentioned removing fall-damage, for example.

I think we might see playlists dedicated to the “Classic” gameplay variants, and other playlists focused on the standard Reach gamplay. Or something along those lines.

In my opinion, this is a great way to please everyone. Fans of Reach won’t get the game they love messed with, and CE fans will get an experience much closer to the original Halo. Everyone wins :slight_smile:

> > I don’t think they’ll completely remove an armor ability but removing the bloom is definitely plausible.
>
> I don’t think we’re going to see anything like that… not across the board.
>
> Keep in mind this is just speculation on my part:
>
> Reach will still be Reach. They’re not going to take out Bloom, or AAs, or make the jump-height higher or player speed faster, or change the melee, damage-bleed. Not in regular matchmaking.
>
> I think the TU will introduce a new set of custom game options that allow 343 to create playlists with true “classic” gameplay features. This week’s bulletin mentioned removing fall-damage, for example.
>
> I think we might see playlists dedicated to the “Classic” gameplay variants, and other playlists focused on the standard Reach gamplay. Or something along those lines.
>
> In my opinion, this is a great way to please everyone. Fans of Reach won’t get the game they love messed with, and CE fans will get an experience much closer to the original Halo. Everyone wins :slight_smile:

Yes. I’m okay with them adding features like toggle bloom, fall damage, etc. As long as there is a REAL classic playlist.

> I don’t think they’ll completely remove an armor ability but removing the bloom is definitely plausible.

Do you code video games or something? If so, how do they do it (by that I mean the actual process). Is that how you know that they can remove bloom?

Halo Classic gameplay should remain in it’s own playlist and not ruin the Reach gameplay experience. Contrary to belief, lots of people really enjoy the way Halo|Reach plays.

> > I don’t think they’ll completely remove an armor ability but removing the bloom is definitely plausible.
>
> Do you code video games or something? If so, how do they do it (by that I mean the actual process). Is that how you know that they can remove bloom?
>
> Halo Classic gameplay should remain in it’s own playlist and not ruin the Reach gameplay experience. Contrary to belief, lots of people really enjoy the way Halo|Reach plays.

I think this is exactly what we’ll see: Playlists dedicated to “classic” Halo CE (with tweaked gameplay features and classic maps), while the rest of Reach’s online will go unchanged.

>
> Do you code video games or something? If so, how do they do it (by that I mean the actual process). Is that how you know that they can remove bloom?
>
> Halo Classic gameplay should remain in it’s own playlist and not ruin the Reach gameplay experience. Contrary to belief, lots of people really enjoy the way Halo|Reach plays.

I’m not sure if they are going to give us the option to toggle bloom ourselves, but I do think that the True-Classic Playlist will at least have Reach’s weapons and physics work like the actual classic counterparts, as best as possible that is.

CE maps will have low jump height and fall damage. The Pistol and Sniper would be the only precision weapons and possibly have no bloom. The AR could possibly increase the ammo reserve size for the AR and keep its bloom. The maps in CE will be have the original weapons only and map placement will be exact.

Halo2 and 3 maps will have higher jump heights and no fall damage. The precisions may not have bloom. The weapon placement will honour if not exactly match the originals. The concusion rifle in Halo3, the pro-pipe in Halo2 replace the Brute Shot type of thing.

Lol wrong info.

Halo 2 patched so that Melee killed in 3 hits. Which is the way it should have stayed IMO.

But seriously though. I think with AL it should just go. But not bloom. Bloom I think just needs tender love and care.

I mean NOONE complains about Bloom on the Magnum, NR, AR, or Repeater. Know why? Because it WORKs on those weapons. I use the NR all the time, and it feels RIGHT. Bloom doesn’t slow down the kill time that much, but still punishes you for spam. The Magnum, getting a perfect 5 shots feels GOOD. Because it takes SKILL. And you didn’t have to Reload in the middle.

Rather I think Bloom is one of those things that 343 needs to tweak into every weapon in ever Halo game from now on. But with certain restrictions to things like: The BR - Bloom will ONLY SHOW THE SPREAD. After each burst, fully resets. The Plasma Pistol would Bloom like it did in the Beta, something about that just felt right. The Plasma Rifle, Spiker, Turrets, Needler, they all need Bloom too.

It’s a feature that is GOLD that Bungie simply failed to implement properly in the one weapon it matters the most for.

Agreed. I think none (or most) of the AAs didn’t even worked as intended. Bungie might had fun playing the game internally, but obviously a popular game like Halo has its fair share of dubious players, and mechanics get dissected all the way through, revealing tactics and such that they didn’t thought about. AL is nice against grenade spamming or maybe survive that face to face encounter with someone wielding a sword or shotgun, but it’s mostly not even used for that, you just can’t expect people to use it a certain way so it should be scrapped.

Sprint and jetpack have a certain duality, and they should work with maps that use both to their advantage in its level design, without sacrificing good map movement. Sword Base did it very well, with both verticallity and horizontallity to go up, but no other map really use the choice between sprint and jetpack to make great level design. Most other maps work in a similar fashion as past Halo games where map control should be important, except the jetpack kind of destroys this. I don’t think the other AAs are really useful or relevant. I think they should either only keep those who allow you different movement or get rid of them all altogether, maybe manage both. AAs are mostly a gimmick and a game breaking one at that… I wish Bungie weren’t so all over their heads to admit it. I used to play a lot of Reach, but some games were so frustrating and -Yoink-… AL spammers, people sprinting with melee weapons… And then for sprint they reduced the movement speed, but all those little things they modified, I think they kinda broke the game in a way. They needed to do this for that and all, but in the end, the thing they gave you for it didn’t really made up for it. Just look how tanks are overpowered if you don’t have AL or sprint, or even the jetpack, but if you do and get the right position, they can be even easier to get rid than before. The tank felt right in past Halo games, but in Reach it either feels too strong or too weak, it’s hard to explain. Most vehicles don’t feel right either.

Anyway, I hope they’ll at least offer us several playlists with an experience more akin to past Halo games. Not that I don’t want change, but I feel Bungie shouldn’t have used -Yoink- gimmicks and actually do real change instead to make something which actually plays well, but now that’s not really something that can be done.

Im pretty sure i read that the titleupdate would work side by side with the current reach gameplay im guessing another playlist thats actually classic. I dont think from what i read they are removing anything Reach already has but adding.

<4 <343

> Im pretty sure i read that the titleupdate would work side by side with the current reach gameplay im guessing another playlist thats actually classic. I dont think from what i read they are removing anything Reach already has but adding.
>
> <4 <343

They could remove things such as sword block and melee bleed through for the classic playlist, and add some stuff like the halo 1 pistol.

> > Im pretty sure i read that the titleupdate would work side by side with the current reach gameplay im guessing another playlist thats actually classic. I dont think from what i read they are removing anything Reach already has but adding.
> >
> > <4 <343
>
> They could remove things such as sword block and melee bleed through for the classic playlist, and add some stuff like the halo 1 pistol.

They could or they coan add another playlist for Reach that has stuff removed and updated. And leave the Halo Reach formula the way it is. Because the bulletin did say fear not Reach fans. How ever i could be wrong.

<4 <343

yes yes and yes!!! btw when is the patch coming?

> yes yes and yes!!! btw when is the patch coming?

They mentioned August a lot in the H:B but no official date has been given that I am aware of.

> thanks :wink:

Sure :slight_smile:

bloom needs to be tweaked, not removed.

> bloom needs to be tweaked, not removed.

I agree. If they get rid of it they should wait till H4.