Reach Multiplayer Maps

Is there any chance that 343 could start using more of the original maps? i started playing team slayer again and i almost cried. Every game i get some confusing as hell really -Yoink- map. Would it be possible to make maps like pinnacle, countdown or asylum more likely to show up? All the new forge world maps are nothing more than garbage.

The default maps are garbage too, in their current state. If each one was given a makeover in terms of weapons and spawns, then yeah.

This is why i play often halo 3, because there are many good and beautiful maps. These forge maps in Team Slayer are crap!
Only Hemorrhage, Renegade and Trident in Big Team are not bad.
I think, there should be a playlist only for forge maps.

> This is why i play often halo 3, because there are many good and beautiful maps.

Halo 3 isn’t much better. The big maps were good but Pit and Construct were the only consistently good maps out of the default bunch. Guardian was okay on BRs, but on ARs… oh god.

> > This is why i play often halo 3, because there are many good and beautiful maps.
>
> Halo 3 isn’t much better. The big maps were good but Pit and Construct were the only consistently good maps out of the default bunch. Guardian was okay on BRs, but on ARs… oh god.

Guardian was heaven when you were playing BRs. One of my all time favorite Halo maps. But you’re right, it was a nightmare with just regular slayer or anything with ARs.

But I agree, Halo 3’s maps weren’t generally a whole lot better… Not the ones the game shipped with anyway. I think that H3’s DLC maps were awesome compared to Reach’s DLC though.

> > > This is why i play often halo 3, because there are many good and beautiful maps.
> >
> > Halo 3 isn’t much better. The big maps were good but Pit and Construct were the only consistently good maps out of the default bunch. Guardian was okay on BRs, but on ARs… oh god.
>
> Guardian was heaven when you were playing BRs. One of my all time favorite Halo maps. But you’re right, it was a nightmare with just regular slayer or anything with ARs.
>
> But I agree, Halo 3’s maps weren’t generally a whole lot better… Not the ones the game shipped with anyway. I think that H3’s DLC maps were awesome compared to Reach’s DLC though.

I agree. H3 DLC > HR DLC. But that is opinion.

As far as the Forge maps go I guess it just comes down to if one finds it easy to play or navigate, or more or less the first impression one gets from the map when first played. I think a good amount of players tend to hate a map when first played due to it being something have not seen nor played before, and therefore can make it quite frustrating to play for the first time due not only having to play against other players but also learn the layout as fast as possible in order to find what works and what does not. Now not every map obviously works perfectly, and sometimes it can be questionable as to why it even made it into matchmaking in the first place, but that does not mean ALL forge maps are horrid.

One problem I do see is that sometimes it seems that the base maps that came with Reach or the DLC base maps are near nonexistent due to the amount of custom forge maps within the playlist. I am cool with custom forge maps, but I do like seeing more than just the gray metal and green grass that is identifiable with Forge World (and this is coming from someone who forges quite a bit). When I am playing matchmaking, I want to play Reach and not feel like I am testing maps out. There are groups for map testing and 343 can implement the Community playlists again (with added jackpots for playing) so maps can be tested properly without muddying up the other playlists (this was mentioned in another thread I posted in).

Now I am sure the maps that have made it into matchmaking have been tested, but it would be nice to see more of the other maps that are available in matchmaking.