Reach Multiplayer Disc?

I dunno if it’s been mentioned yet, but so far I haven’t heard anything in any of the videos…

But has it been confirmed/denied that CEA is going to have a stand-alone Reach multiplayer disc like ODST had? How are they handling downloading the new maps if it doesn’t?

Please excuse me if this has been talked about in every single video so far and I just haven’t been paying attention to those parts…

All in one fully loaded disk.

There will not be a Reach disk, you will be able to play the Anniversary maps on the CEA disk, you will also be able to download the maps onto Reach.

Wow even better! Thanks!

How about the defiant/noble map packs? Do those come along with the game or are they staying download only?

Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.

They are staying download only.

It is confirmed that Halo Anniversary will only be on one disk. And that disk will only support the 7 new maps that come with the game.

In order to access ALL the maps at once, you must download the maps to your hard-drive via a download voucher.

Halo Anniversary will be on one disc and only have the 7 new maps (1 Firefight, 6 Multiplayer). If you want to play these 7 new maps alongside all of the Reach maps you can either:

A: Download the Anniversary maps to your hard drive

B: Install Halo Reach to your hard drive.

Either way you’ll get all the maps on one disc. If you’ve downloaded the Noble or Defiant maps they’ll also be playable on both discs.

So basicly you’re deciding weather you want to play on the Halo Reach disc with the Reach Campaign or the Halo CEA Disc with the Halo CE Campaign.

It is a single disc filled to the brim with delicious goodies. Halo:CEA and the 6 MP and 1 FireFight map all included. Other Reach Map packs you will have to buy.

> Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.

Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.

> > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
>
> Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.

The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.

> > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> >
> > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
>
> The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.

Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.

Halo Anniversary will come with a download voucher (probably something like the Sgt. Johnson code for ODST or the Recon Helmet for Reach) to download the Anniversary maps like a regular map pack. Then, you can play all the maps from the Reach disc.

> > > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> > >
> > > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
> >
> > The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> > Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.
>
> Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.

So you are trying to tell me that 343 lied at one of their panels at Halo fest? Doubtful.

Also, yes that is how it works. When you boot up the multiplayer for Anniversary it boots up Reach, it then notices that you have Reach installed so it pulls that information from the hard drive. A couple multidisk games already do the same thing.

> > > > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> > > >
> > > > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
> > >
> > > The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> > > Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.
> >
> > Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.
>
> So you are trying to tell me that 343 lied at one of their panels at Halo fest? Doubtful.
>
> Also, yes that is how it works. When you boot up the multiplayer for Anniversary it boots up Reach, it then notices that you have Reach installed so it pulls that information from the hard drive. A couple multidisk games already do the same thing.

1. I watched the Halo fest panels, and never once did they say that installing Reach to your hard drive would allow access the the default maps.

2. Which mutlidisc games, specifically?

> > > > > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> > > > >
> > > > > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
> > > >
> > > > The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> > > > Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.
> > >
> > > Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.
> >
> > So you are trying to tell me that 343 lied at one of their panels at Halo fest? Doubtful.
> >
> > Also, yes that is how it works. When you boot up the multiplayer for Anniversary it boots up Reach, it then notices that you have Reach installed so it pulls that information from the hard drive. A couple multidisk games already do the same thing.
>
> 1. I watched the Halo fest panels, and never once did they say that installing Reach to your hard drive would allow access the the default maps.
>
> 2. Which mutlidisc games, specifically?

It was at one of the 3 Anniversary Panels, I don’t know how you missed it, every one I know that has watched the panels knows about it.

Forza 4 and BattleField 3 both do it. It’s as simple as not giving it a separate ID from the main game.

> > > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> > >
> > > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
> >
> > The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> > Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.
>
> Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.
>
> Halo Anniversary will come with a download voucher (probably something like the Sgt. Johnson code for ODST or the Recon Helmet for Reach) to download the Anniversary maps like a regular map pack. Then, you can play all the maps from the Reach disc.

my xbox is slim 4gb model
i cant install games
how much gb will be CEA maps?
Or i dont need to download them, its just play the disc them play the new mp maps by Halo CEA disc?

> > > > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> > > >
> > > > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
> > >
> > > The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> > > Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.
> >
> > Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.
> >
> > Halo Anniversary will come with a download voucher (probably something like the Sgt. Johnson code for ODST or the Recon Helmet for Reach) to download the Anniversary maps like a regular map pack. Then, you can play all the maps from the Reach disc.
>
> my xbox is slim 4gb model
> i cant install games
> how much gb will be CEA maps?
> Or i dont need to download them, its just play the disc them play the new mp maps?

Probably around 500mb
But if you don’t want to play the Reach maps you can just play the Anniversary maps off the disk.

> > > > > > Defiant and Noble are stand alone. But if you already have them installed, you can play them.
> > > > >
> > > > > Has that been confirmed that they’re compatible? If only Zealot, Countdown, and Forge World were a DLC pack; I’d never have to go back to Reach.
> > > >
> > > > The mutliplayer is Reach, thus any DLC for Reach will work with it.
> > > > Also all you have to do is Install Reach to your hard drive and you will get all the base Reach maps.
> > >
> > > Where does this come from? You cannot install Reach to your hard drive and access the default maps from Halo Anniversary. That’s not how the “install game” features works.
> > >
> > > Halo Anniversary will come with a download voucher (probably something like the Sgt. Johnson code for ODST or the Recon Helmet for Reach) to download the Anniversary maps like a regular map pack. Then, you can play all the maps from the Reach disc.
> >
> > my xbox is slim 4gb model
> > i cant install games
> > how much gb will be CEA maps?
> > Or i dont need to download them, its just play the disc them play the new mp maps?
>
> Probably around 500mb
> But if you don’t want to play the Reach maps you can just play the Anniversary maps off the disk.

thnx

Thanks I was wanting some clearity to this.

> 1. I watched the Halo fest panels, and never once did they say that installing Reach to your hard drive would allow access the the default maps.

Yes they did. Frankie himself said it. I’ll go and find it now.