Reach isn't the worst

Stop saying that REACH was the worst HALO HALO 3 ODST was the worst HALO because no new multiplayer and it was dark even with night vision you couldn’t see so shut up! :slight_smile:
plus ODST’S campaign was boring and super hard to see!!

When I play Reach multiplayer, my fun level decreases. When I play ODST firefight my fun level increases.

Therefore Reach is the worst Halo.

halo odst was just a bit of added campaign that came with the map pack for halo 3.

A disk with all the halo 3 multiplayer and maps far surpasses that of a completely unbalanced game with a halo skin.

> Stop saying that REACH was the worst HALO HALO 3 ODST was the worst HALO because no new multiplayer and it was dark even with night vision you couldn’t see so shut up! :slight_smile:

Why does everyone hate odst? ODST was my second favourite halo game! It showed you a side of the story other than chiefs point of view, which is why many hated it along with reach. It had better map development than reach, better playability than reach, better character devolpment than reach, and all in all ws simply btter than reach. It didnt have multiplayer because it was Halo <mark>3</mark> ODST, and halo 3 already had multiplayer.

It was simpl a devider to fill the spavce until reach came along, so they built an awesome campaign, some great characters, epic weapons, and threw them into a campaign.

Why does everyone hate it sooo much. I think people are so stuck up with cheif to realise that its not all aboout HIM. Thats why they didnt like halo 2, halo ODST or part of the reason why they didnt like reach was becasue it wasnt about cheif… The worst Halo IMO was reach, becasue reach had absolutely no character development at all.

ODST was an add-on, Reach is a full game. ODST had a very good campaign and the FF was better than Reach’s (really focused on survival rather than spamming rockets).

Halo: 2 is the most broken, try to prove me wrong.

I enjoyed ODST immensely. The atmosphere, the music, and even the story.
Reach multiplayer makes me rage. I’m at the point where I’d accept almost any changes they’ll make in Halo 4.
I think 343 needs to make it their own. It won’t turn out very good, in my opinion, if they stick too closely to the Halo games of the past. Of course, not everythiing needs to change. But I trust their judgement.

> Stop saying that REACH was the worst HALO HALO 3 ODST was the worst HALO because no new multiplayer and it was dark even with night vision you couldn’t see so shut up! :slight_smile:

And it’s safe to assume Reach was your first Halo multiplayer game? ODST is classed as a Spin off title, so is Reach, and is more or less a campaign expansion for the original trilogy.

It seems your just looking for excuses because your in denial about Reach.

> plus ODST’S campaign was boring and super hard to see!!

I had a blast tryign to get the 100K achievements. ODST>reachFF anyday of the week

There is no “worst” Halo. They’re all good and bad in their own ways.

Ha ha, I don’t think this is going the way the OP intended it to.

They all have their own unique qualities.

Personally, my least favourite is Halo 2. I used to play it with my friends all the time, and there was a lot aim assist

Op is obviously a child.

ODST is a fantastic storytelling and firefight experience, Reach…is such a mixed bag.

> HALO 3 ODST was the worst HALO because no new multiplayer

I thought that was one of its best qualities.

> > HALO 3 ODST was the worst HALO because no new multiplayer
>
> I thought that was one of its best qualities.

I agree, ODST wasn’t a full game, it was more of an episode like game, kind of like Half Life 2 and it’s episode games, no MP, but fun as hell. If you don’t like it, then you don’t like it.

There are pros and cons to each game

H:CE- best balance, gameplay, story, and campaign, but lacked things newer Halos featured like improved graphics, more diverse sandbox, online MP, Forge, Theater, Custom Games
H2- worst balance, story was controversial (I liked it though), bungie admitted it wasn’t even complete, but it brought online MP, and made it the biggest, funnest thing ever in gaming at that time, and more customization.
H3- improved balance, epic story and ending, even more customization, HD graphics on 360, awesome online with support and community influence, Forge, Custom Games, and Theater
ODST- different approach with a survival feeling, free roam with more sandbox gameplay, cool, interesting story, awesome FF (I still play it), but the campaign was short, and only brought a new map pack for H3.
Reach- balanced sandbox, but slow gameplay, armor abilities brought a lot of variation too, but some were fun, improved engine with amazing graphics, more customization, decent story and fun campaign (although it conflicted with earlier canon), crappy FF, a bit too casual.

Whut? Halo 3: ODST has easily one of the best Campaign in the entire series.

Here’s my list of the Halo games, from best to worst(Campaign-Wise):

1. Halo 3: ODST (ODST placed you in the boots of an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper who has to figure out what happened to the rest of his team. ODST gives us new characters that, for the first time in a Halo game, that I actually felt emotionally attached to. The levels were fun, and unlike Halo 3, ODST didn’t try to stuff dozens of Brutes down your throat at the same time, but I’ll save that rant for the Halo 3 section. ODST also had an amazing soundtrack, I actually have the theme from NMPD HQ on my iPod. ODST’s music, coupled with New Mombasa, gave the game it’s atmosphere of loneliness and uncertainty.)

2. Halo: Combat Evolved (Like ODST, CE gave off the feeling of being alone, but also included a sense of wonder. One of my favorite things about CE was the fact that Health Packs and Ammo weren’t as common as ODST or Reach, which encouraged players to pick up Covenant weaponry. CE’s soundtrack is also pretty good, the song that plays during Two Betrayals is probably one of my favorite tracks.)

3. Halo: Reach (Now, the best thing about Reach was how easy it was to just select any level and play through it, because unlike Halo 2 or 3, there won’t any levels in Reach that I outright despise. Now, I know the missions before Long Night of Solace felt scattered because Noble Six just simply teleported to the next mission, but the story only goes uphill after LNoS, since now the missions actually have something to do with the previous ones. Now, a lot of people complain about Noble Team’s character development, mostly because the characters don’t stare at the screen and give the player their whole life story. Some people really need to observe body language, which is how the characters are developed. Oh yeah, the soundtrack. Reach had an alright soundtracks, it got the job done but there aren’t any tracks I’d keep on my iPod.)

4. Halo 2 ( Now, levels like Metropolis and Delta Halo are pretty fun but I pretty much hate any levels after those. Playing Halo 2 now feels like a chore. Bungie had this thing apparently, where they wanted to make a lot of rooms and hallways look exactly the same and place them together, which lead to me getting lost a bunch of times, which really sucked the enjoyment out of the game. Also, I just don’t like Regenerating Health. In Halo CE, you were punished if you tried to take a bunch of enemies head-on by losing some health squares and if you were low on health, you were forced to think and act differently than you would if you were at full health. Halo 2’s soundtrack was okay, but it was more “rock” focused than the original “chanting” theme that CE had going on. I mean, they had a Breaking Benjamin song in there for Pete’s sake.)

5. Halo 3 (Words cannot describe how much I hate this game. Halo 3 felt more like a tech demo for the 360 than an actual well thought out designed piece of entertainment. In every other Halo game, you fought about a half a dozen Grunts, one or two Elites and maybe a couple of Jackals at a time. Halo 3 instead throws a dozen of Brutes at you in a confined area at the same time with minimal cover. Sierra-117 is the first level and it’s here where it’s obvious that Bungie just wanted to see how many Brutes and Grunts they could cram onto the screen. As if fighting a whole battalion of enemies wasn’t bad enough, Bungie gives your some super stupid AI teammates who would much rather shoot at the enemy farthest away than the Ghost that is shooting at our Warthog. The Marines also have a tendency to kill themselves and you if you give them a Rocket launcher or if they get on the Gauss Turret. You see, even if the enemy vehicle is two centimeters away, the Marines will still shoot their rockets and Gauss slugs at point blank range, which usually results in the Hog flipping over and your inevitable death. Halo 3’s soundtrack is also nothing to write home about, since the only piece of music I could remember was the Title Theme, which I am almost certain is the same one from Halo 2.)

> The worst Halo IMO was reach, becasue reach had absolutely no character development at all.

People said the same thing about Mickey from ODST. Perhaps if you payed attention to the changes in their tone and body language, you would see Noble Team in a new light.

ODST was boss as hell dude. You obviously never did Endure on Lost Platoon.