Reach is the worst--ever

I went from being a Halo junkie to just playing stupid Call Of Duty. Why? Because you people screwed up the Halo franchise with Reach. It’s an awful, miserable excuse of a game. You people just felt so insecure about COD getting attention, so what did you do? YOU COPIED COD AND COMPROMISED THE GREATEST ELEMENTS OF THE FIRST 3 HALO GAMES. I don’t want to sprint. I don’t want friggin’ super powers. I just want good ol’ Halo, where you can b.s. because everything moves a lot slower than COD. I want the old sniper rifle back, not this new, weird sniper rifle with the overly animated reticule. Can you people just PLEASE make another Halo that’s basically just like Halo 2? H2 had the best maps–the best! And ya, for the Yoinks! out there: No, I will not just pop in H2 or H3 because guess what: HARDLY ANYONE IS PLAYING IT ANYMORE. To anyone who HONESTLY enjoys Reach better than H2 or H3, I shake my head and declare: You just never understood what made Halo so great in the first place.

P.S. If you make another Halo, sans the Reach b.s. that’s just borrowed from (inspired by) COD, I will buy 10 copies, no 100 copies. 1,000 COPIES!!! JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING WORTH PLAYING–PLEASE!

“Because you people screwed up the Halo franchise with Reach.” Bungie made Reach, not 343i.

This is basically opinion. I for one enjoy Halo: Reach. But please, be constructive, don’t just go off on a rant.

Reach is an amazing game.

Rants are funny.
I think CoD steals it’s ideas from wars.

CoD steals it’s ideas from Battlefield.

I didnt know COD had armor lock, invisibilty, Hologram, Jetpacks, Bubble Shields, and Evade as Loadouts…Dang i really havent played that Piece of crap.

Oh and i really like Reach…Alot infact i like it better than Halo 3 BUT there is one thing i agree with you. Halo 2 was the best EVER.

HAHA… Awesome rant… But it doesn’t ring true for me.

The changes in Halo: Reach seemed like a logical transition in many ways - granted not everything was popular but the engineering put into this game is unparalleled. It’s a worthy member of the Halo family of games.

> HAHA… Awesome rant… But it doesn’t ring true for me.
>
> The changes in Halo: Reach seemed like a logical transition in many ways - granted not everything was popular but the engineering put into this game is unparalleled. It’s a worthy member of the Halo family of games.

So you also agree that Halo Copied COD?..LOL Halo set the standards for FPS Games when halo CE came out, if anything everyone (exept before Halo CE i.e Doom which i love) Copied halo.

> CoD steals it’s ideas from Battlefield.

Pfft. Hardly. Different mechanics, different objectives. I mean SURE you can draw parallels, but to suggest COD is even on the same tier as Battlefield is just plain sensationalism.

Now. Onto Halo. You know, one of the first games I got for the 360 was Halo 2. Hated it. Hated it completely. I got tired of the abusive, boisterous jerks who did nothing but abuse and verbally intimidate, I got tired of the game lagging all the time, and I got tired, quickly I might add, of hostile little fanboys thinking they owned the game and making it a misery for everyone who wasn’t part of “the club”

Don’t get me wrong Tussyville, I’m not grouping you in here necessarily, but I am suggesting you adopt an open mind and consider the possibility that Halo 2 was changed, because the chances are, if they’d made halo reach for the people who liked Halo 2 alone…They wouldn’t have had a franchise, and people probably wouldn’t have bought Halo3 - let alone reach.

I dunno, I kinda like Reach.

> > HAHA… Awesome rant… But it doesn’t ring true for me.
> >
> > The changes in Halo: Reach seemed like a logical transition in many ways - granted not everything was popular but the engineering put into this game is unparalleled. It’s a worthy member of the Halo family of games.
>
> So you also agree that Halo Copied COD?..LOL Halo set the standards for FPS Games when halo CE came out, if anything everyone (exept before Halo CE i.e Doom which i love) Copied halo.

LOL - Copied? I don’t think so… All I can say for sure is that every COD game I’ve played, has sucked… Halo obviously left that part out if anything was copied…

Reach may be the worst Halo for your liking, but your reasoning is far from believable.

Accusing Halo of copying others… the gull. It’s not like the Haloverse doesn’t draw elements from almost every known religion. Sometimes specifically, sometimes subtle-like.

But really, if CE and 2 were so good, why aren’t they still being played at LAN tournament for oodles of cash to test real gamer skill?
Timeless is timeless and if they are such great indicators of skill, why are they not still being played to test said skill?

And think about this… why is CoD your choice of alternate gaming and not Battlefield: BC2? If skilled gameplay is what you seek, why are you playing a post MW CoD game?

This specifically:

> To anyone who HONESTLY enjoys Reach better than H2 or H3, I shake my head and declare: You just never understood what made Halo so great in the first place.

Really? We don’t understand that Halo: CE was what made Halo so great? Reach is a very natural evolution up from CE. It feels like a warm blanket. Not quite as fleecy soft as CE but I think that’s because all the golden fleece went into CE.

I feel like this rant belongs on b.net

what did they steal from call of duty?

also, there are just as many people playing halo 3 as there are playing halo reach. stop making up random “facts” to back up your irrational rant.

Reach is an amazing game, it’s Multi-Player is MUCH better than Halo 3’s. H3 didn’t have Skeeball, Chess, Invasion, Forge World, Campaign and Firefight Matchmaking, and SO much more.

> > It seems the Halo Waypoint Forums have turned into Bungie.net Forums now.
> >
> > Sigh This place has had it’s times…
>
> Yeah, this place was once intelligent, now we have these people. Soon the B.net trolls like MMJ will move here.

It will happen, it always does, but it could possibly be different if 343i are really smart about staff and how they manage the community.

> I went from being a Halo junkie to just playing stupid Call Of Duty. Why? Because you people screwed up the Halo franchise with Reach. It’s an awful, miserable excuse of a game. You people just felt so insecure about COD getting attention, so what did you do? YOU COPIED COD AND COMPROMISED THE GREATEST ELEMENTS OF THE FIRST 3 HALO GAMES. I don’t want to sprint. I don’t want friggin’ super powers. I just want good ol’ Halo, where you can b.s. because everything moves a lot slower than COD. I want the old sniper rifle back, not this new, weird sniper rifle with the overly animated reticule. Can you people just PLEASE make another Halo that’s basically just like Halo 2? H2 had the best maps–the best! And ya, for the Yoinks! out there: No, I will not just pop in H2 or H3 because guess what: HARDLY ANYONE IS PLAYING IT ANYMORE. To anyone who HONESTLY enjoys Reach better than H2 or H3, I shake my head and declare: You just never understood what made Halo so great in the first place.
>
> P.S. If you make another Halo, sans the Reach b.s. that’s just borrowed from (inspired by) COD, I will buy 10 copies, no 100 copies. 1,000 COPIES!!! JUST GIVE ME SOMETHING WORTH PLAYING–PLEASE!

Reach is a very good game. It just can’t compare to the others in the series because of how shallow and unoriginal it is.

I completely agree with the OP.

Despite all the improvements visually and with the Forge and Forgeworld, Reach is the WORST Halo game.

I don’t understand why people think Reach is the worst game, personally Halo Reach is the best game within xbox360 series of Halo, I never played Halo 1 & 2 so I can’t compare Reach with them, but against Halo 3 and ODST, I have to say Reach is a far better game. The story is more engaging, more personal, and the characters felt actually like a unit, a team which you would sacrifice yourself for. Master Chief is lacking in personality, only the support characters around him make the game entertaining. ODST is an improvement on the story, but Reach excel in it. Every death is weighted on me, as if my action or the lack of it is in some way resulted in their demise. Campaign aside multiplayer is more richer. Invasion is my favorite, where a group of people actually team up and work towards a goal, while firefight is challenging (wish more ODST like achievements in the future). Granted I am not the usual fps gamer, you would find me spending more time on Dragon Age Origins than Reach or CoD, but to say Reach is worst-ever within the Halo series is somewhat ridiculous and lacking support, both in spirit and fact.