Reach is really that bad?,i don't think so.

Reach isn’t bad,why?
First,almost of you say "I hate to see a noob with Legend rank,everybody can easily rank up now"
well, i gotta to say:Rank really matters that bad?,i only see it as an obstacle between me and the shoulders i want,nothing else,rank doesn’t make you Pro.
Second,it does allow you to customizate your Spartan(a lot more than Halo 3),i hate people who say “I’m Pro because i have Recon”,maybe he’s right,but if you wear Mark V or Recon,it really don’t matters,i like Reach because it allows you to customizate yourself a lot,i really don’t wear a helmet because it’s Pro,i wear it because i like it,and that’s what matters.
Third,Armor Abilities.
AA’s aren’t bad,they give a fresh air to the game(don’t tell me you want all Halos to be the same,if you do,go play COD)and makes the game more competitive.
Fourth,“I hate when a noob earns credits for loosing”,well,i hate when i don’t recieve exp because my teamates are noobs.
Fifth,there are something called Arena for people like you.
Dear Halo Community,you have to learn to appreciate good games,maybe they’re different,but that doesn’t make them bad games.
Sorry for my english,from Mexico with love <4.

There’s a difference from games being different and games having their gameplay butchered beyond recognition. If Halo reach didn’t have the title, the iconic vehicles, weapons, enemies, and spartans, I wouldn’t even know it was a halo Game.

> There’s a difference from games being different and games having their gameplay butchered beyond recognition. If Halo reach didn’t have the title, the iconic vehicles, weapons, enemies, and spartans, I wouldn’t even know it was a halo Game.

I get what you’re trying to say, but if you take all those things away from any other Halo, then you wouldn’t know those were Halo games either.

I used to have a lot of the same thoughts as you. I don’t think people want the games to all be the same. It’s that they feel things were changed in Reach that made the game too unlike Halo. While I have enjoyed the game a lot at times, in terms of multiplayer there are issues that run deeper than rank. It isn’t a bad or a horrible game in my opinion, just one with issues that make it frustrating for hardcore Halo players.

I won’t go into the issues that I have as there’s no purpose in rehashing other peoples issues which have been posted 1000 times before. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reach was significantly changed by Bungie and some people were dissapointed by the outcome.

> There’s a difference from games being different and games having their gameplay butchered beyond recognition. If Halo reach didn’t have the title, the iconic vehicles, weapons, enemies, and spartans, I wouldn’t even know it was a halo Game.

Why do you think so?(i mean,the “butchered gameplay”)
Maybe you’re right,Halo 3 is better(for some persons),maybe Reach is better(for some persons),but Reach And halo 3 are still good games,and i think they both have their goods and their bads.
BTW,maybe removing AA’s are not such a bad idea,but don’t eliminate all would be better,Armor Lock,Partial Shield,jetpack and Maybe hologram and invisible,i still thinking AA’s aren’t a bad Idea,they’re just incomplete,that’s all.
<4

> > There’s a difference from games being different and games having their gameplay butchered beyond recognition. If Halo reach didn’t have the title, the iconic vehicles, weapons, enemies, and spartans, I wouldn’t even know it was a halo Game.
>
> Why do you think so?(i mean,the “butchered gameplay”)
> Maybe you’re right,Halo 3 is better(for some persons),maybe Reach is better(for some persons),but Reach And halo 3 are still good games,and i think they both have their goods and their bads.
> BTW,maybe removing AA’s are not such a bad idea,but don’t eliminate all would be better,Armor Lock,Partial Shield,jetpack and Maybe hologram and invisible,i still thinking AA’s aren’t a bad Idea,they’re just incomplete,that’s all.
> <4

I’ll agree, Reach is a great game on it’s own, but I feel, in my opinion, that it’s a mediocre Halo game.

I actually want Armor abilities in only some gametypes like Invasion.

> I used to have a lot of the same thoughts as you. I don’t think people want the games to all be the same. It’s that they feel things were changed in Reach that made the game too unlike Halo. While I have enjoyed the game a lot at times, in terms of multiplayer there are issues that run deeper than rank. It isn’t a bad or a horrible game in my opinion, just one with issues that make it frustrating for hardcore Halo players.
>
> I won’t go into the issues that I have as there’s no purpose in rehashing other peoples issues which have been posted 1000 times before. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the same as you.

I didnt realize halo reach had to have aa’s in order to have “a breath of fresh air” Personally they were a horrible idea but that is my opinion op, and do realize you post is one too and anyone can have their opinion on weather the game is good or bad.

> > > There’s a difference from games being different and games having their gameplay butchered beyond recognition. If Halo reach didn’t have the title, the iconic vehicles, weapons, enemies, and spartans, I wouldn’t even know it was a halo Game.
> >
> > Why do you think so?(i mean,the “butchered gameplay”)
> > Maybe you’re right,Halo 3 is better(for some persons),maybe Reach is better(for some persons),but Reach And halo 3 are still good games,and i think they both have their goods and their bads.
> > BTW,maybe removing AA’s are not such a bad idea,but don’t eliminate all would be better,Armor Lock,Partial Shield,jetpack and Maybe hologram and invisible,i still thinking AA’s aren’t a bad Idea,they’re just incomplete,that’s all.
> > <4
>
> I’ll agree, Reach is a great game on it’s own, but I feel, in my opinion, that it’s a mediocre Halo game.
>
> I actually want Armor abilities in only some gametypes like Invasion.

Well,something mediocre in Halo terms would be ODST.
In FPS terms it would be Homefront,or something generic excluying COD.
I think it’s equal(or better,for some persons) to Halo 3,all depends on the way you see it.
<4

Sorry man, but this game is not good by Halo’s standards. This is coming from someone who has been with Halo since Combat Evolved. Your beloved AAs have slown down kill times pretty badly. Armor Lock… well we all know about that catastrophe. Reach deviates from core Halo gameplay in a myriad of ways. Jump heights are severely decreased compared to H2/H3 causing grenades difficult to dodge. There’s many gimmicks they added to this game that are not necessary. Bloom and the AAs aren’t Halo-like. This game has become childish–people burst into confetti if you actually do kill them.

> > > > There’s a difference from games being different and games having their gameplay butchered beyond recognition. If Halo reach didn’t have the title, the iconic vehicles, weapons, enemies, and spartans, I wouldn’t even know it was a halo Game.
> > >
> > > Why do you think so?(i mean,the “butchered gameplay”)
> > > Maybe you’re right,Halo 3 is better(for some persons),maybe Reach is better(for some persons),but Reach And halo 3 are still good games,and i think they both have their goods and their bads.
> > > BTW,maybe removing AA’s are not such a bad idea,but don’t eliminate all would be better,Armor Lock,Partial Shield,jetpack and Maybe hologram and invisible,i still thinking AA’s aren’t a bad Idea,they’re just incomplete,that’s all.
> > > <4
> >
> > I’ll agree, Reach is a great game on it’s own, but I feel, in my opinion, that it’s a mediocre Halo game.
> >
> > I actually want Armor abilities in only some gametypes like Invasion.
>
> Well,something mediocre in Halo terms would be ODST.
> In FPS terms it would be Homefront,or something generic excluying COD.
> I think it’s equal(or better,for some persons) to Halo 3,all depends on the way you see it.
> <4

At least ODST had a good story. Reach broke canon and was generic mess. My opinion, but still, it’s held by many others.

It has a lot of good things but many negative things.

I played Reach earlier for the first time in a while. First game was Classic Slayer. Second was BTB on Paradiso.

I had fun.

> Sorry man, but this game is not good by Halo’s standards. This is coming from someone who has been with Halo since Combat Evolved. Your beloved AAs have slown down kill times pretty badly. Armor Lock… well we all know about that catastrophe. Reach deviates from core Halo gameplay in a myriad of ways. Jump heights are severely decreased compared to H2/H3 causing grenades difficult to dodge. There’s many gimmicks they added to this game that are not necessary. Bloom and the AAs aren’t Halo-like. This game has become childish–people burst into confetti if you actually do kill them.

your not alone in being from CE, firstly in reach you are a SIII :wink: why would jump heights be the same as 2-3 where you are a S-II? whilst yes it makes grenades a problem you can still dodge them,

as for bloom i dont know how many times ive said this but bloom has been in every halo the only difference being this time you can see it, thats a good thing IMO as it makes it easier to control your shots

but yeh Armor Lock what a terrible choice =_=

why every one hatin on armor lock
About half the people who use it just do it randomly. a quarter only used it when they think there about to die. the last part know how to use it. To me it was a good add and sould stay
but I havnt ever used because I like rolling around in evade.

What im wondering is why people seem to afiliate it with 3. reach is a spin off so why sould peaple compare. I understand ODST being it was called Halo 3 ODST but halo reach is its own game and deserves respect. Its fun. theres an animal you can hunt. and It has the most things that any halo games ever had. It is its own title.
Its Reach
reach for the stars

Last I half to add. why did the gueta only apear once they were awesome. In a future game can we pleace go to a zoo and see one get out of its cage and eat a grunt or somthing.

I quite enjoy Reach, especially on Custom Games. I know that loads of people are whining on about the ranking system, about how it takes no skill to rank up, but honestly, neither did Halo 3’s. Get rank locked? No problem, just create a new account and all of your past mistakes won’t matter.

> I quite enjoy Reach, especially on Custom Games. I know that loads of people are whining on about the ranking system, about how it takes no skill to rank up, but honestly, neither did Halo 3’s. Get rank locked? No problem, just create a new account and all of your past mistakes won’t matter.

i too enjoy reach, can get frustrating but its more often fun then frustrating :slight_smile: