Reach HACKS.

Plans to fix them with help from Microsoft… or just full steam ahead with Halo 4? Because I seriously don’t care about that game AT ALL after seeing how well 343 has been dealing with the botched and garbage ridden multiplayer aimbot madness. Funny, it really started to get awful when Bungie gave control to 343.

For all things reach related post them in the reach section of the forums. Welcome to waypoint! I really haven’t seen much cheating or aimbot that you have been talking about.

Either you’re a troll, or just bad.

Its not that bad. I can tell it has increased over time and lately there seems to be a few more than usual but for the majority its under control. I have a match ever now and then were its obvious that they are playing with the game. I am running then i appear facing a rock and I turn around and hello mr.bullet to the face. I have had a couple matches yesterday where my opponent is sideways or running aware and I have the 1up on him but his shot still kills me, swat gameplay. but these are less then the majority of times I play so i am fine with it.

Boy, everyone seems to be complaining about hacks and mods lately.

I’ve played thousands of games. Have never come across a hacker. Or if I have, they weren’t doing a good job because it just looked like precision lagging.

To me, hacks mean invincibility, aimbots, or weird weapon modifications (like rockets from an AR.)

99.99% of the time, people who call hacks are just butthurt that they got beat by someone who could aim better.

I don’t want to say too much, but I’ve been curious and researched a fair bit on possible hacks for Reach. None exist publicly. To implement one of your own, you’d probably need a couple advanced degrees on networking, computer science, and electrical engineering.

And the average whining 12-year-old can barely figure out how to use custom challenges. Hacks? Doubtful.

Learn to aim better, it wasn’t a hack.

What about someone who gets an Unfrigginbelievable with all sniper headshots, while only riding passenger in a Revenant?

I checked the video afterwards and he was able to make 180 degree turns without having to look between back and forth.

> What about someone who gets an Unfrigginbelievable with all sniper headshots, while only riding passenger in a Revenant?
>
> I checked the video afterwards and he was able to make 180 degree turns without having to look between back and forth.

That’s not a hack, that was either feature or bug made by Bungie when Reach was still in production.

As to the OP, you should upload the film of said hackers to your file share so we can check it out ourselves, hacking in Reach is possible, but it is just a minority, literally out of the 100,000 players on, there are about five hackers, probably less, I would go more in-depth but the rules prohibit it.

Overall, it could be just lag.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I don’t mean to flame you but the tru7h is…your an idiot.

Having played thousands of matches in Reach, I’ve yet to come across a game where it was with 100% certainty that somebody was hacking. Sure, lag has made it appear that there was some shenanigans going on, but nothing like flying Warthogs that have Scorpion turrets on top. If you think somebody “shot you through a wall” or “it was impossible to hit that shot”, keep in mind that lag does play a major role in stuff like this.

Another thing to keep in mind, Theater mode is not 100% accurate. If you watch a game from the third-person perspective of another player from your recent history, their aim may appear “jumpy” and it will appear as if bullets are traveling in different directions from where they fired. Again, this is attributed to lag. A better way to determine if they were hacking/aimbotting is to send them a message asking for them to put the game in their fileshare, then watch it from there.

> What about someone who gets an Unfrigginbelievable with all sniper headshots, while only riding passenger in a Revenant?
>
> I checked the video afterwards and he was able to make 180 degree turns without having to look between back and forth.

Plus, this is pretty commonplace in games like Invasion Slayer on Hemmorhage. I’ve got over a dozen unfrigs with 40+ sniper kills. It’s the most miserably unbalanced experience to ever exist in a videogame.