Reach Game Download?

Firstly, I’d like to state that I had already used the search bar but couldn’t find the information I was looking for, therefore I am posting this here. My apologies if this has already been asked but, is there a way for me to play Halo Reach without the disc? There was an update not too long ago that allowed us to download the game (or at least parts of it?). I understand that the update and subsequent download was to allow us to load faster but is that all the download does or is there some special way that I could play without the disc? The reason being is that my bro wants to bring the disc to his friends house at the same time that I want to bring the console (and Halo Reach) to a party…
Any useful information regarding this situation would be well received and appreciated.

There is no way to play a game without a disc, even if you installed it on your HDD…unless it was one download from Games on Demand but that is irrelevant. I believe one of the main reasons, if not the only, is because otherwise people could simply rent a game, install it to their console, and never have to actually buy it.

pretty much what Bouk said

> There is no way to play a game without a disc, even if you installed it on your HDD…unless it was one download from Games on Demand but that is irrelevant. I believe one of the main reasons, if not the only, is because otherwise people could simply rent a game, install it to their console, and never have to actually buy it.

This is correct, thanks Bouk!