Reach firefight is better. Sorry

I will say I like Halo ODST firefight a lot, and in some ways it is better.

However after playing some ODST FF I noticed Halo Reach is better in the long run.

Not really sure if this belongs here or ODST but since it’s mostly about Reach in the long run I would say it goes here [before someone says anything].

ODST Firefight is harder in general but not as fun. The A.I is not as fun, Brutes are annoying, Drones are even more annoying, the snipers are annoying. Reach has the option to turn ALL of these off.

Not only that the skulls going off doesn’t make it any better the limited options feels so bottled up.

So in the long run as much as I like ODST firefight Reach is just better. On it’s own it’s not harder but the amazing part is you can make it as hard, even HARDER then ODST could ever be. It has more maps, matchmaking, no drones, ELITES.

was this even in question?

Maybe you should reword the title.
Sounds like:
“My opinion is the only one that is right. Sorry.”
Though with your post it’s clear you’re not so arrogant, but people might get the wrong idea.

With that little nitpick aside, I do agree.

for the most part you are correct, but I love to play on those maps that reach lacks.

Actually I miss the drones. I mean, they are fully designed enemies. Just becasue drones were annoying doesn’t mean: “TAKE EM OUT!!”

Drones are in Reach and even easier to kill as in ODST. Reach lacks in flying enemies. Drones were the best at making combat interesting. Hope Halo 4 will have some more flying enemies.

> for the most part you are correct, but I love to play on those maps that reach lacks.

Lost Platoon, Crater, and Data Hive anyone?

Reach’s FF is superior because of the control have over it and you play as much stronger Spartan. Reach’s FF is faster paced and is has an Arcade feel to it. It’s much easier to play though Limited can be tough nonetheless. FF Genny gets an honorable mention as well.

Where Reach beats ODST in that respect, ODST however beats it because it was much tougher and had a survival aspect to it. You didn’t have an endless supply of ammo (ammo crate) but you did have gun racks full of SMGs and Auto Mags (which didn’t replenish until the next round). You were weaker as an ODST because you didn’t have shields, move as fast or jump as high as a Spartan. You constantly ran out of ammo on the later waves and had to develop actual strategies to get the PAR score (200k) or to get Endure.

If Halo 4 and beyond can combine both aspects of FF, then it would be incredible.

I tried going back for the firefight achievements. I couldn’t stay long, it just wasn’t as fun for me. Reach made some really big improvements over ODST.

reach FF is much better.
ODST FF is nostalgic and has a noir feel that reach night time maps dont have.
ODST is laggy as hell.
reach FF matchmaking is a lulzyjoke and is hardly a survival mode.

All in all ill take reach FF over ODST FF, but lets not forget that reach lost its only legit online survival mode when FF lmtd got removed.

Reach Firefight is inferior compared to the ODST counterpart

so your saying you like reaches more because you can make it eaiser for yourself?

p.s you change the title to “my opinion is fact, sorry”

Both are different. Reach lets the Spartans shine, the player is in control and can do anything he wants. The goal is to score points, and the maps are very open, there isn’t some position to defend. ODST lets the Covenant shine, and they come wave after wave, and want nothing else than to spank your -Yoink- repeatedly. The goal is to survive, and you have a position to defend, the one where you spawn and where the weapon racks are.

Sadly, the customization in Reach turned Firefight into a “blow -Yoinking!- everything” gamemode, rather than push the survival aspect even further.

You can hardly get the same feeling in Reach that you can have in ODST. I’ve been experimenting a lot with various Firefight gametypes, and I’ve came to the conclusion that Firefight requires a HUGE bump in difficulty, like Legendary with always Mythic or Tilt activated, on top of relying on generator defense gametypes to bring back this feeling of defending a position, and many speed, jump height, and gravity tweaks to make the player feel heavier. I also tend to give players basic Human weapons only, and disable weapon pick up, so the players have to deal with getting some ammo and defend the generators at the same time.

Also I miss the drones. Though they probably weren’t removed because they were annoying, it wouldn’t make sense to remove an enemy when you can customize the waves.

Thanks for your opinion. I still feel ODST is better. To each gamer their own opinion. No need to make posts about it.

> reach FF matchmaking is a lulzyjoke and is hardly a survival mode.

LOL you’re saying that Reach FF is a survival mode? I think Reach FF is a points challenge mode.

ODST IS a survival mode, waves of ennemies, no time to rest, real chieftain threat, air drone assaults, not even enough time to take down ennemie snipers.

ODST maps were better: real bases where ennemies almost never entered, well placed ammo creates, always the same weapons at the same place.

Reach maps sucks hardly, no base, ammo crates in the middle of the battle field, no feelings of defending something.

Reach have this incredible option to modify the gameplay but allowing the players to delete all the challenging stuffs and make the game easy is really dumb, FF is the ultimate Player vs NPCs challenge mode. If you wanted, playing in easy mode was sufficient for casual players.

To me ODST FF was clearly better than reach’s one

I thought ODST Firefight was superior.

ODST’s was more about survival. Reach’s is more about racking up the points and blowing -Yoink- up!

One of the reasons why I think FF Limited wasn’t played as much was because it wasn’t easy enough for the new players (who want everything handed to them on a silver platter), so they avoided it like the plague.

I liked ODST Firefight a lot more.

> I thought ODST Firefight was supperior.
>
> ODST’s was more about survival. Reach’s is more about racking up the points and blowing Yoink! up!
>
> One of the reasons why I think FF Limited wasn’t played as much was because it wasn’t easy enough for the new players (who want everything handed to them on a silver platter), so they avoided it like the plague.

This is Firefight in a nutshell, go to ODST Firefight on Legendary, watch how you lose 7 lives within 10 miuntes.

Try it in Reach, you will survive for so long.

ODST’s Firefight was based on Survival, which is one of the great things about ODST as a game.

In Reach, it lacked an actual Firefight playlist based on Survival for 4 people when the game was released as far as I can remember, and even then, it was limited.

Go and play Reach Firefight in a Custom Game, guaranteed you will quit within 10 minutes because your not earning credits.

ODST FF> Reach

Not because of nostolgia, just because when I played ODST firefight, me and my friends actually felt like it was worth getting endure, you’d care when you lost a life. In reach I could give half a rats -Yoink- and I barely play it, it’s boring, no one likes it- they play it for credits, thats why there was eff all people in limited and loads in doubles and arcade. The customization in reach FF is great, that is definitely where it trumps ODST- but the default gametype that should be used in MM and for achievements should be just like the ODST one. limited ammo, engineers that could take a hit- or required you to go looking for a plasma pistol (this small thing in itself made for some great ODST momments). drones should be in there too- becuase they mix up the gameplay.

So yah; I think your very wrong. I can’t imagine why anyone would think reachs FF is better.

> > I thought ODST Firefight was supperior.
> >
> > ODST’s was more about survival. Reach’s is more about racking up the points and blowing Yoink! up!
> >
> > One of the reasons why I think FF Limited wasn’t played as much was because it wasn’t easy enough for the new players (who want everything handed to them on a silver platter), so they avoided it like the plague.
>
> This is Firefight in a nutshell, go to ODST Firefight on Legendary, watch how you lose 7 lives within 10 miuntes.
>
> Try it in Reach, you will survive for so long.
>
> ODST’s Firefight was based on Survival, which is one of the great things about ODST as a game.
>
> In Reach, it lacked an actual Firefight playlist based on Survival for 4 people when the game was released as far as I can remember, and even then, it was limited.
>
> Go and play Reach Firefight in a Custom Game, guaranteed you will quit within 10 minutes because your not earning credits.

Exactly. I remember how me and my friends would just boot up a game of firefight in ODST and have fun, because it was a challenge; and when we finally got endure… oh yes. So satisfying. With Reach firefight, sure, it’s more customizable… but it came at a price. Reach Firefight is only loved because of the credits. If 343i suddenly stopped making Firefight give you so many credits, the population would probably drop.

The credit system in Reach is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it’s easier to rank up, so certain Casuals will be pleased. However, (for me anyway) there is less satisfaction. I mean, I got a little over half of my way to Field Marshall by just playing FF Arcade. There is no challenge, so the reward feels more… hollow. But’s the credit system is another matter, really. But I guess you can link it to Reach FF.

Never apologise for your feelings. Embrace them and allow them to bend or hold, depending on the opposition’s attractiveness.

is it just me or did he say “reach firefight is better because it’s easier”…?

i prefer ODST because it actually required teamwork and some though process to succeed, you where very limited on the amount of ammo you had and when you ran out you had to go hunting for ammo that the covienent had dropped.

what we need is ODST FF back with reach customization added to it.