Reach Firefight Dropship Spawn Removal

Firefight fans,

In the most recent major Reach firefight update (that I’m aware of), they added “dropship spawns” on every first and last wave in a round. These waste so much time, and are incredibly boring sequences. Before this update, all enemies would instantly spawn in various locations around the map as you’d expect, what happened? I prefer being on a constant, mindless, covenant-killing rampage than having to delay the game and wait for the dumb dropships to take their sweet time arriving.

Many long moments of waiting is not really a gameplay improvement. I’m hoping 343… is already aware of this?/ Will sense this with their spider senses and fix it?/ Will read this post?

Fellow firefighters, hua?

I liked it, although it was small, it actually rewards more credits from the Game Completion because the game is lasting longer.

The only downside is the dropships need to fly away and vanish before the next wave of enemies can spawn which does result in a bit of boring gameplay.

> I liked it, although it was small, it actually rewards more credits from the Game Completion because the game is lasting longer.
>
> The only downside is the dropships need to fly away and vanish before the next wave of enemies can spawn which does result in a bit of boring gameplay.

Oh, good point. I do like more credits… I’d probably want more fast-paced gameplay than more credits, though… maybe. Haha.

They did that to get at least a few vehicles spawns back onto a majority of the Firefight maps. Vehicles can only be brought in via dropship. Without dropship waves, you would never ever get the grounded commendations completed. (Maybe via Limited but unlikely.)