Reach ban.

I have recently been banned on halo reach. I know why. Me and friends were boosting in griffball. My friends have been unbanned. I have not. And this is number 3 for me. I have Been banned twice before. And I know that the third time is verry long. However it has been over 2 years since the last time. And I was just wondering if I could have a chance and go on with my reach career. I have worked hard, and enjoy Halo reach verry much. It is by far my favorite of all. I appreciate anyone reading this and thinking of it. GT is OppositeWolf

Consider this for a second. If you have been banned before why do something you know would get you banned? Who cares about stats because they all they are statistics,numbers,and nothing more. You can’t put a number on actually enjoying something because it’s priceless brother. I wish you luck

I appreciate your comment. And you made some great points. Yes I did know what I was doing was wrong. For that I am sorry. I was in the k nd set of the call of duty games. After a long time. They don’t really care what you do. I do apologize. But your right. I did do it knowingly. That it was punishable by ban. I just thought they didn’t care about what went on anymore. I see people doing it all the time. But that is no excuse. I can honestly say that I am done trying to cheat this. I just don’t want to wait for so long. But if I have to I understand.

If it were up to me I would lift your ban,but it’s not. So I can’t do squat. However I do wish you luck. It’s unfortunate you had to be banned so long to realize what you had to lose by boosting. To each their own. I think bans should just be playlists or game type sensitive but understand how that could be difficult to do. I can say 1 good thing in your favor in case the right person reads this thread and thats that you seem to really be sorry to me. Not getting hasty or being rude goes a long way because you get more with sugar than vinegar. well played

Thank you. I am sorry. I love playing this game. I don’t know why I stopped for a time. And I used to know how to contact the right qrson to talk to about this kind of thing. But a lot has changed. Do you know if there is a place to contact a 343 employee? I am so close to mythic, I could finish it in 1 day playing the way I normally do. I know I sound desperate, and like a record. And a little suck upish. But it is true. I am completely sorry for what has been done. If anyone can help me talk to someone , or something like that. It would be greatly appreciated. An thank you to you. That has been talking to me, and letting me know your opinion on the matter.

Just out of curiosity, how exactly were you boosting?

> Just out of curiosity, how exactly were you boosting?

He was kill farming in grifball. To rank up faster.

As in kill farming friends or just kill farming in general? Either way, I don’t see how it’s terribly much fun, it just would be a little more upsetting if you were ruining the experience of someone you didn’t know.

Either way, it’s just a game, man. It’s like monopoly money. It’s not real, you gotta let it go…I mean heck, I got to a Mythic in Reach without boosting but it doesn’t make a difference if I’m a Hero, Noble, or Warrant Officer. Just breathe easy brother.

Again I appreciate the comments. And you are right. It isn’t the end of the world. And it really isn’t. But I was thought to take pride in what you love and work towards. Yes I was boosting, but this was close to nothing to what I have earned the right way. I’m kind of stuck at the moment. I can’t work because of vehicle transportation. My truck will be fixed soon Enough. But in the mean time, I play my favorite games. And yes the people I was boosting with were friends and guest. We just killed a bunch of guest over and over again. And I’m going to say why I did it. I don’t really care for grifball. But it is the best game type for leveling up. So I try to hit the credit limit every day. Some days take longer than others. And me and my friends like other game modes. But they don’t give that many credits for the work put I to it. So we had the idea to speed up the process for a day. So we could go play something else. Did like 4 games. And my friend OppositeOctane said he got temporarily banned from eating credits. So I was like ok we need to stop. So we did. Well bout 2 hours later. I get the same message. And I was like darn. Then the next day when he got unbanmded I did not. But I kinda saw that Comming.

You know what you accomplished and thats something that can’t be banned. I would just use it as motivation to kick** on another game. 4? 5? just go maul everything in sight, legitimately of course.

> We just killed a bunch of guest over and over again. And I’m going to say why I did it. I don’t really care for grifball. But it is the best game type for leveling up. So I try to hit the credit limit every day. Some days take longer than others. And me and my friends like other game modes. But they don’t give that many credits for the work put I to it.

You know you can level up a lot faster playing Firefight/Campaign and creating custom challenges, right? Using custom challenges and campaign I could hit the credit cap in around an hour per day. And not get banned, since technically I was using a custom challenge feature that 343 implemented for players to use and I wasn’t playing online against other people, therefore not impacting their game. Sorted.

There is no reason to boost EXP in a game. If you really had fun you wouldn’t risk everything for a rank. It will all be meaningless in 5 years.

> There is no reason to boost EXP in a game. If you really had fun you wouldn’t risk everything for a rank. It will all be meaningless in 5 years.

Aren’t ranks in Reach already meaningless though?

It is part of my point. I didn’t think there was any harm anymore. I thought they moved on to the new game. And like before. I was not harming anyone else’s gaming experience. The only people that were dying were guest that didn’t have people playing as them. And again it was a foolish mistake. I am better than that. But I do have to say. I do like my rank in all the games I play. Because I do work hard for them. Even though skill plays a factor. Some games you need time as well. Halo reach is one of the big ones. If I don’t get a lift on the ban. That’s fine. But I would just like to know how long I am actually banned for. Thanks.

Playing with spare controllers is also bannable so you were in the wrong two fold. The ban is automated and won’t be lifted and the length varies based on number of infractions.

> > There is no reason to boost EXP in a game. If you really had fun you wouldn’t risk everything for a rank. It will all be meaningless in 5 years.
>
> Aren’t ranks in Reach already meaningless though?

Life is meaningless. Wasting money and time on a video game is meaningless. Boosting , above all else, is pointless. If you’re going to sweat in a chair for 5 hours a day boosting with people you’ll never see, what is the point? You’re not having fun. You are hoping for the prospect of having fun and making other people jealous. OP deserves a ban.

Shadow you obviously havnt been listening. It was one moment of weakness. It is not something I do normally. Let me put it this way. In my total reach career out of my 5ish million credits earned 250k were earned unlegitly. First time I got busted was idling through games. Secound was the same thing because after I got home the first time idling though games I got banned like 3 hours later. So I was like Wtf. But of course they don’t tell you what you get banned for. And there is no terms of use for halo. So you don’t say I agree to something. The only way to check what you get banned for is to look up what you can get banned for. So after the secound time I looked it up since again I didn’t get told what I got banned for. I saw one of the things were idling through games. And monitor. By that logic I should have been unbanned when my friends got unbanned. I will say again that I am sorry, and that I have learned from my mistake. I’m not saying that I deserve to be unbanned. But I know for a fact I deserve to know how long I am banned for. Considering when it happened I didn’t get any information on why, how long for, or to find out the information. And by your logic shadow. You think I deserve to be banned because I wasn’t having fun. That is interesting. Your right. I want having a lot of fun doing it. One of the many reasons I’m not doing it again. One thing I am a little ticked off about is. How long I had to wait for a staff member. It’s been almost a week now since I posted. And I am now just getting staff help. Not disrespecting the staff. But I was an admin on a minecraft server, and if staff didn’t help those in need for this long. We got chewed out. I appreciate the comment. monitor. But can you help me find out how long I am actually banned? So I can plan. I know what I did was wrong. And am sorry about it. And from were I come from. People are forgiven for what they are sorry for. The only thing we don’t forgive is people who harm other people. And I didn’t do that in this situation.

If it is your third time then the ban will be a month. Anymore after that and you will either get 2 months or a perma ban from credits.

And it doesnt matter how long it has been between bans either.