Reach armor

Y’all think we will get every reach armor piece? Saw a twitter post that showed all the helmets in the BP and I noticed some missing helmets. Got me alittle concerned that not all reach armor pieces will be there.
Thoughts??

there’s a possibility we would be able to get every Reach armor piece
then again, I’m not sure about it

Maybe not right away, but eventually 343 will start to run out of ideas and old armor sets will be some low hanging fruit to pump out quickly to keep the microtransaction machine churning out that sweet sweet profi… I mean… “player expression”

> 2533274885698180;1:
> Y’all think we will get every reach armor piece? Saw a twitter post that showed all the helmets in the BP and I noticed some missing helmets. Got me alittle concerned that not all reach armor pieces will be there.
> Thoughts??

Season 1 is themed around Reach. Any footage of the BattlePass you see now isn’t final - I would take anything you see before final release as WIP (work in progress).

Honestly I don’t think we need all of Reach’s Armor to return. I’m very much open to fresh ideas and interpretations.
As long as key armour sets like the Noble Team helmets and some other iconic pieces come back I’ll be plenty satisfied.

This game is going to be getting updates for years to come, there’s plenty of time to add stuff in.

> 2533274865778947;4:
> > 2533274885698180;1:
> > Y’all think we will get every reach armor piece? Saw a twitter post that showed all the helmets in the BP and I noticed some missing helmets. Got me alittle concerned that not all reach armor pieces will be there.
> > Thoughts??
>
> Season 1 is themed around Reach. Any footage of the BattlePass you see now isn’t final - I would take anything you see before final release as WIP (work in progress).
>
> Honestly I don’t think we need all of Reach’s Armor to return. I’m very much open to fresh ideas and interpretations.
> As long as key armour sets like the Noble Team helmets and some other iconic pieces come back I’ll be plenty satisfied.
>
> This game is going to be getting updates for years to come, there’s plenty of time to add stuff in.

Tbh injust dont want another H5 where it was only noble team and select helms, i want all the pieces cause im a unlock goblin

> 2533274885698180;5:
> > 2533274865778947;4:
> > > 2533274885698180;1:
> > > Y’all think we will get every reach armor piece? Saw a twitter post that showed all the helmets in the BP and I noticed some missing helmets. Got me alittle concerned that not all reach armor pieces will be there.
> > > Thoughts??
> >
> > Season 1 is themed around Reach. Any footage of the BattlePass you see now isn’t final - I would take anything you see before final release as WIP (work in progress).
> >
> > Honestly I don’t think we need all of Reach’s Armor to return. I’m very much open to fresh ideas and interpretations.
> > As long as key armour sets like the Noble Team helmets and some other iconic pieces come back I’ll be plenty satisfied.
> >
> > This game is going to be getting updates for years to come, there’s plenty of time to add stuff in.
>
> Tbh injust dont want another H5 where it was only noble team and select helms, i want all the pieces cause im a unlock goblin

I think we’ll definitely get a good portion of it to be honest.
I imagine we’ll get a “armour kit” too. Those presets kits for you Spartan. One for each Noble Team member, wouldn’t surprise me if they showed up in the BattlePass.

Seeing Emile’s armour in the icon that represents Infinite F2P MP I have a lot of faith that the armours of Reach will find their way to infinite :slight_smile:

Really hope they all will be in!

I am pretty sure we will definitely not get every single piece of reach armor. Halo reach is a gem but the majority of the armor was meh to me and my friends. We only saved up for noble teams armor and the gungir one because the rest weren’t really worth spending credits on. This is why I am ok with it as it keeps the popular ones minus the skull one ( id don’t think its ever coming back ).

I hope and sort of expect to see most if not all legacy armor, weapon, vehicle and map variant in Infinite over time.

I truly believe Halo is old enough now that it should be carrying its own legacy into the future. And 343 has proven in Guardians that they can and will bring classic weapons into the sandbox. I hope to see that capability expanded upon.

And that includes Reach armor.

To be honest, as long as you can filter armor and sort favorites and what not, why not over the lifespan of the game put everything from past Halos into Infinite sometime after new sets are thought up and armor from other media makes an appearance (SPI, Headhunter variants, Blue Team’s “The Package” Mark IV). Give us everything across all generations of Mjolnir and then the ability to mix and match as we please.

Also, I don’t know if I’m the only one, but I’d like Halo specific armor, or lore-focused gear to be prioritized before the Fracture or non-canon armor is flooded into the mix, I’m all for the unique armor 343 is creating so long as it’s outweighed by more universe-accurate sets. I’m still worried it’s going to end up like Modern Warfare and Cold War with the skins that look out of place.

I imagine all the Reaxh gear that made it into Halo 5 has the highest chance of showing up in Infinite.

Examples; EOD, Recon, Security, Pilot ect

For me, all I want is the Security helmet back. xD

I think Reach has around twenty helmets, off the top of my head: Mark V (B), CQC, ODST, Hazop, EOD, Operator, Grenadier, Air Assault, Scout, EVA, Mark V, Commando, EVA (C), Recon, Mark VI, Pilot, Gungnir, and Security, as well as the two Waypoint 360 helmets, Military Police & CQB.

Oh, honourable mentions go to the cut GRD helmet (now in MCC!) and the also cut Mariner helmet (in MCC too!), bumping the total up to 22.

Honestly, I think all of them could return. Although it is possible that some like the Grenadier and EVA (C) might be restricted to an ‘Armour Kit’, assuming they only bring them back as part of a character’s set and not as an individual item.

> 2533275013832713;11:
> I’d like Halo specific armor, or lore-focused gear to be prioritized before the Fracture or non-canon armor is flooded into the mix, I’m all for the unique armor 343 is creating so long as it’s outweighed by more universe-accurate sets.

Question for you: I have seen requests on reddit for the Chief’s armor from Halo CE pre-release Macworld 1999 to be brought to Infinite. And how awesome would that be!? But, because it was never official canon would that be considered Fracture armor? Or would it be considered canon just because it looks reasonably so (whatever that means)?

I ask because when we start drawing “toggle lines” about what is and isn’t canon, there will be some pieces that straddle that line and you know it will divide people.

I hope so. But if not they might do a fall of reach type of thing from halo 5.

> 2533274805469694;14:
> > 2533275013832713;11:
> > I’d like Halo specific armor, or lore-focused gear to be prioritized before the Fracture or non-canon armor is flooded into the mix, I’m all for the unique armor 343 is creating so long as it’s outweighed by more universe-accurate sets.
>
> Question for you: I have seen requests on reddit for the Chief’s armor from Halo CE pre-release Macworld 1999 to be brought to Infinite. And how awesome would that be!? But, because it was never official canon would that be considered Fracture armor? Or would it be considered canon just because it looks reasonably so (whatever that means)?
>
> I ask because when we start drawing “toggle lines” about what is and isn’t canon, there will be some pieces that straddle that line and you know it will divide people.

I would consider it “non-canon” but it would still be very much “Halo” styled versus Yaroi and the new sets being released for MCC. Knowing 343 they could put it into the timeline in some shape or form like they did for Security, which is heavily inspired from Durandal. I do want to clarify that I don’t necessarily dislike or not want fracture armor in Infinite, I just want it to take a backseat to more lore friendly and sci-fi styled armor that better compliments the universe. I am all for player expression in any shape or form, I just don’t want “reactive color changing armors, and anime paintjobs” slewn all over everything constantly. There’s got to be a bigger focus on immersion, but having a little room for the other stuff is completely okay.

I do think that many pieces from reach will be availible at lunch (able to earn) I think reach is on the top most liked armor types so they will not miss the chance to added is like leaving halo 3 armor`s behind makes no sense… hopefully they added it :´)