Reach 2.0

So I keep seeing people getting mad because competitive players are calling Halo 4… Reach 2.0. So why don’t you prove us wrong, show some logical evidence that Halo 4 wasn’t based off Reach. Then try disputing all the evidence that it is.

  1. The DMR, is a prequel weapon. It wasn’t in any other game and never heard of before Reach.

  2. AA’s, were gone by the time the original trilogy came around. They are only found in Reach.

  3. Heavy movement is found in Reach and Halo 4 but no other Halo game.

  4. No arena style maps, Halo Reach started the movement away from arena style maps and Halo 4 continues this.

These are just a few similarities to Reach, please feel free to dispute any of these or add more.

Your late or something, the current conspiracy is that halo 4 is COD.

Oh don’t get me wrong Halo 4 is like COD too, if you want I can list all the changes that have made it that way just let me know.

> So I keep seeing people getting mad because competitive players are calling Halo 4… Reach 2.0. So why don’t you prove us wrong, show some logical evidence that Halo 4 wasn’t based off Reach. Then try disputing all the evidence that it is.
>
>
> 1. The DMR, is a prequel weapon. It wasn’t in any other game and never heard of before Reach.
>
> 2. AA’s, were gone by the time the original trilogy came around. They are only found in Reach.
>
> 3. Heavy movement is found in Reach and Halo 4 but no other Halo game.
>
> 4. No arena style maps, Halo Reach started the movement away from arena style maps and Halo 4 continues this.
>
> These are just a few similarities to Reach, please feel free to dispute any of these or add more.

  1. They made a new version of it, just like how they made a new AR, a new BR, etc. Just because an older model of the DMR was replaced by the Battle Rifle, it doesn’t mean that DMRs are gone for good and will never return.

  2. They could have salvaged some that survived the fall of Reach and created more of them. And where does it say that they’re only found on Reach? Just because they aren’t in future games, it doesn’t mean that they aren’t a part of the universe anymore. I mean, what about Brutes and Drones? They weren’t in Halo 1, does that mean that they all died, then came back to life again in time for Halo 2?

  3. Define “heavy movement”. If you mean that players walk more slowly, then you’re mistaken. The movement in Halo 4 has been sped up again to Halo 3-era speed.

  4. Oh, have you played the game and checked out all the maps? No? Then you can’t use your speculation as fact.

You sir, seem quite misinformed when it comes to the nature of Halo 4. Perhaps you should read up on it a bit more before making rather illogical complaints.

In plus, if you don’t like the game, then don’t buy it! Complaining on here won’t change a thing.

  1. The UNSC probably came out with a revamped version of the DMR during the 4 years Chief was in Cryo

  2. Just because Reach was a prequel does’nt mean material from it can’t be used. And improving upon a concept that you didn’t like doesn’t make it Reach 2.0, hater. Be glad that evade and AL, the most unbearable AA’s aren’t returning.

  3. 343 confiremed that even though sprint is default, they used halo 3’s movement speed and jump height as support for halo 4’s movement and jump height. Ever listen to sparkcasts?

  4. You don’t know that. 343 hasn’t even released info on any maps other than warhouse and wraparound and they said that they wouldn’t be ripping maps from campaign anymore.

Those are my arguments against your points.

Now read this and try and find similarities to Reach. Halo 4 is going to have a better campaign with a deeper story that explores the relationship between chief and cortana and explore chief more as a character. There will also be a new enemy that threatens the fate of the entire universe(apparently). Halo 4 also features spartan ops, a four player episodic campaign that has it’s own story and will be updated over the course of a few weeks with new levels. Infinity(multiplayer) has also become partly story driven and is based on spartan 4 training in the holo deck of the infinity. There will be custom loadouts but you can ony spawn with basic weapons like the BR or AR. No power weapons. Does this sound like Reach? It REALLY doesn’t.

It seems OP got no idea what he’s talking about and just trolling or uninformed. :confused:
There is no “heavy movement”, you’re as fast, light and agle as you ever were in Halo 1-3, probably even more so thanks to sprint.
Same goes for Arena style maps, the few hint we’ve had is “symmetrical competitive maps” or similar, they might add a few unsymmetrical but they should still play as good, and no one side should get an advantage.
DMR is back because it’s good, it has it’s role on the battlefield. If you’ve played Halo 3, you know cross-mapping on sand trap was almost impossible with BR, DMR could even kill a sniper at that range with no problems.
AAs were said to be an evolution of equipment, and they are, evolution. On Reach they tested beta models, experimental ones, and some were bad and hence scrapped (Armor lock) while the good ones were fine tuned and updated to return in Halo 4. However, due to a massive fight for all intelligent life in the universe (Halo 1-3) they had little time to perfect these items and deploy them to the troops.

Dispute how halo 3 isn’t halo 2.5(no not really). So far Halo 4 has the bigest changes yet and its no where near COD either.

You do know the end of reach and the end of halo 3 (destruction of flood) was not that far apart at all right…

I have simple answer for you.
If you dont like Reach why buy it/keep and talk about it and if you think Halo4 is gonna be the same then dont buy it, try something new if Halo is getting old for you.
Just dont complain hoping to get something new because to me 343 has proven that they know what there doing and know what people like and dislike about reach.
Just because it uses the same engine as Reach doesnt mean anything.
Bungie made the new engine to make the games look and feel better and 343 is just adding to it.

Short Answer:
Quit whining

What’s Reach 2.0 never heard of it I’ve only heard of Halo 4 but I don’t remember seeing a game called Reach 2.0 coming out. But yeah Halo 4 will feel like Halo 4

And Halo 3 was Halo 2 in HD so what’s your point? Of course Halo games are gonna be similar to each other, the same thing goes for all other games. What did you expect Legend of Zelda?

> You do know the end of reach and the end of halo 3 (destruction of flood) was not that far apart at all right…

Around 3 months to be exact. Not too long…hmmm.

> And Halo 3 was Halo 2 in HD so what’s your point? Of course Halo games are gonna be similar to each other, the same thing goes for all other games. What did you expect Legend of Zelda?

lmao halo 3 was a piece of -Yoink-. dont compare it to halo 2. compare it to halo reach because both games are pieces of -Yoink-.

> I have simple answer for you.
> If you dont like Reach why buy it/keep and talk about it and if you think Halo4 is gonna be the same then dont buy it, try something new if Halo is getting old for you.
> Just dont complain hoping to get something new because to me 343 has proven that they know what there doing and know what people like and dislike about reach.
> Just because it uses the same engine as Reach doesnt mean anything.
> Bungie made the new engine to make the games look and feel better and 343 is just adding to it.
>
> Short Answer:
> Quit whining

To add to your argument… they aren’t even really using the Reach engine… the took the Reach engine, stripped it down, and built it back up, that is why this game looks so god D–n beautiful

Ah what the heck, I’m gonna say it. I would still play Halo even when it’s Reach 2.0! If it’s a vastly improved version of Reach, would that version of Halo work better? Yeah…

In this case, some things from Halo 3’s style (BR and the movement) are being put in Halo 4, so Halo 4 looks more like a hybrid of Reach/Halo 3.

> > And Halo 3 was Halo 2 in HD so what’s your point? Of course Halo games are gonna be similar to each other, the same thing goes for all other games. What did you expect Legend of Zelda?
>
> lmao halo 3 was a piece of Yoink!. dont compare it to halo 2. compare it to halo reach because both games are pieces of Yoink!.

Piece of what? Halo 3 was an amazing game and Reach is pretty damn good too. And Halo 3 is more like Halo 2 then Reach. They both have the BR and they both the 50 system. Reach has neither.

> 1. The DMR, is a prequel weapon. It wasn’t in any other game and never heard of before Reach.

See Halo 2 E3 Gameplay.

> 2. AA’s, were gone by the time the original trilogy came around. They are only found in Reach.

Read Ghost of Onyx, SPI armor had active camo that could be used instead of energy shields. Halo 2 and 3 Enemy AI had Overshield and Jetpacks.

> 3. Heavy movement is found in Reach and Halo 4 but no other Halo game.

Right Heavy movement. You were saying?

> 4. No arena style maps, Halo Reach started the movement away from arena style maps and Halo 4 continues this.

Wrong again Both Wraparound and War House arena bases maps that are also symmetrical in nature.

Prove me wrong?

> > 1. The DMR, is a prequel weapon. It wasn’t in any other game and never heard of before Reach.
>
> See Halo 2 E3 Gameplay.

That was a BR.

Single shot =/= DMR

What a -Yoink- storm this thread caused.

Not sure why stab at the DMR as a lot of players (even Reach haters) prefered one shot weapons over burst (BR). It’s just that the bloom killed it with uncontrolled randomness.

The one in Halo 4 is a new model of the DMR and even looks different from the old one. It’s true; the BR DID replace the DMR but by Halo 4, it was brought back to be used by the UNSC.

As for the AAs? Data that managed to get off planet (Reach) allowed the UNSC to recreate them. It’s not far fetched to consider the egg heads (scientists and engineers) @ ONI were doing research post Human-Covenant war.

Not that i am fan of Camo and Jetpacks returning on spawn but they are :confused:

As for the movement, looked faster than Reach and that’s an improvement. Though they really should have gone back to CE or 2 for the movement speed and not 3. However, at least you could still strafe in 3 and the kill times (while slower than 2 or CE) were still reasonably fast. Have the tweak the settings to MLG to make the game faster though.

Finally, since i don’t know the entire layout of the maps, i can’t really comment fully on Warhouse and Guardia, i mean Wraparound. Both appeared quite small and are supposedly being built as “competitive maps”. They aren’t finalized so to draw a conclusion from an incomplete product would be foolish.

> > > 1. The DMR, is a prequel weapon. It wasn’t in any other game and never heard of before Reach.
> >
> > See Halo 2 E3 Gameplay.
>
> That was a BR.
>
> Single shot =/= DMR

Conceptually it was the same in the fiction, the BR wasn’t around until First Strike. ( even though you see it in contact Harvest, but it was an ONI prototype, but it didn’t make the cut.) Anyways, I think they wanted to bring back the 1 shot BR, but didn’t want to confuse that with the OG BR, so they called it the DMR.