Re-Creation of Coagulation?

Has anybody made a remake of the Halo map Coagulation? That map brings great memories.

… I’m not sure what you’re getting at, that’s what Hemorrhage is.

> … I’m not sure what you’re getting at, that’s what Hemorrhage is.

Technically, the landscape is a port of Coagulation, and then scaled to fit Reach, and new graphics, etc, with the bases from Blood Gulch. So, a true remake would have Coagulation’s, pardon the pun, less clotted bases.

Blood Gulch’s bases were smaller, but better, Coagulations bases really sucked.

The problem I have with BG’s bases are that they are too easily defended. They really break the pace of the game, and ensures that the vast majority of objective gametypes with a goal inside the bases end up in ties. If you’re failing in an objective game on H or BG, you can just fall back to the base, and the opposing team will likelly never score. Coagulation’s bases had multiple points of entry, and were not nearly as easily defended. Plus, they had Banshees, lol.

What about the Banshee bay in the bottom of the base? That provided an awesome avenue for some pretty cool infiltrations and escapes. Grabbing the flag, dropping down below, heading out the side entrance, and getting picked up in a Hog was one of my all time favorite H2 plays!

> What about the Banshee bay in the bottom of the base? That provided an awesome avenue for some pretty cool infiltrations and escapes. Grabbing the flag, dropping down below, heading out the side entrance, and getting picked up in a Hog was one of my all time favorite H2 plays!

Exactly. Coagulation’s bases were far better in terms of flow and balance.

i agree coagulation for me is the stronger map. So many good memories on that map. I also find that it is easier to kill someone hiding up in the rocks that a teleporter leads too now are they more spread?

The map is begging for the addition of Falcons in BTB games. With the Scorpion gone,it won’t be a death trap anymore.
Really wish they add Falcons in the next update.

I don’t know. I think Hemorrhage has a nice balance of vehicles right now and the Falcon could only serve to throw that off.

> What about the Banshee bay in the bottom of the base? That provided an awesome avenue for some pretty cool infiltrations and escapes. Grabbing the flag, dropping down below, heading out the side entrance, and getting picked up in a Hog was one of my all time favorite H2 plays!

That was my favorite part of Coagulation in Halo 2, along with the Gravity Lifts on the left and right sides of the base to help you get to the middle level.

If given enough time I’m sure I can get us closer to Coag, as a CE purist though, Blood Gulch is better.

You forgot backing up as you fell through the hole in the floor, so you could bash the people that followed you in the back with the flag :wink:

But yes I miss Co-ag :frowning:

I have to agree that Coagulation is the better map. I had thought about building a re-imagined version, but never got around to it. Plus I figured that someone either already had or will make one.

So I just looked searched on B.net and only one shows up. We’ll have to give it a try.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10950585

Hemmorage is Coag, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

> So I just looked searched on B.net and only one shows up. We’ll have to give it a try.
> http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10950585

Took a look at that map. It looks like a good start but the spawns are not all set properly.