Re-clarification on certain new mechanics - MUST READ

Yeah. I was one of those complainers. Then I discovered this article, and this site: 1 2
The first one summarizes all the info given by 343i during the last days.
Instant respawns

> The Game Informer article mentioned respawning instantly while playing the new Free-For-All multiplayer mode called Regicide. While that is the case in Free-For-All, it is not in objective based modes according to a post by 343 Industries David Ellis on NeoGAF.
> Click

Forerunner Vision

> Forerunner Vision was initially billed as an armor ability that lets you see through walls according to the Game Informer article. While not actually saying how it works, 343’s Frank O’Connor did rule out a couple of ways the ability could work.
>
> In response to a forum member saying that Forerunner Vision works like the UAV in Call of Duty to let you see where other players are without seeing them, O’Connor said, “Not really. As will become clear. I imagine a competitive player with good situational awareness would try it once and eschew it for something else.”
>
> In another post, O’Connor further clarified with, “You cannot use Forerunner Vision to see players anywhere on the map. Absolutely not.”
>
> Ellis also chimed in on the mystery ability by saying, "Trust me, you’ll understand when you see it. Which might not be soon since we’re still locking down the visuals on it.

Random Weapon Spawns

> Moving from set weapon spawn points to random drops across the multiplayer map was also raised as a concern by vocal members of the Halo community. “The weapon drops are not ‘random’,” O’Connor explained. “They are telegraphed and in some ways, predictable. There is variation, however. Map control will still be key, but yes, changed. Custom games will be heavily customizeable, and initial playlists will be clean and focused. Players will not be presented with stacksof lists, but there will be variety for different tastes.”
>
> Because of an arrangement with Game Informer and some of the components of the game still in development, 343 Industries can’t provide all the clarification yet. However, O’Connor previously promised that more information will come soon through podcasts and other outlets.

What I’m trying to say is that GI was misinformed, and the article is appealing to the masses and non to the Halo (Competitive) Fanbase. We have to wait.
AND MOAR:
BSangel’s tweet
If it’s true i’m starting love 343i.
The second site is collecting all the post coming from Frankie and David Ellis on NeoGaf. So “stay tuned”.
And please make this thread stay in the first page on the forums to end all those complaints topics. Thanks.

New Addition
Frankie talking about Halo 4 and the differences between 343i and Bungie. Nothing new but an interesting listening
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/04/09/comparing-halo-4-to-halo-3.aspx

Most important posts on NeoGaf
No Dual Wielding
Armor Lock is gone
Stietzer beeing again in Halo MP?
New Video incoming? (2)
“InfinitY” replacing all the MP aspects
Podcast during this week?

> (David Ellis - 04-07-2012, 02:53 PM)
> For those expecting a podcast release this weekend, don’t. All of the information you’re getting at this point is from leaked scans of the GI article. As is the case with all cover stories, the magazine needs to start hitting more hands before we offer full clarifications.
>
> I will say this, some of the conclusions that are being reached are not entirely accurate. Some of the mp items mentioned in the story have changed since the media visit. I can’t really say too much more at this time, but please be patient while we begin clarifying and answering questions in the near future.
>
> As Frank has said previously, we knew some elements of the Halo mp evolution would be controversial in some circles, while many others would be less so. Keep in mind that none of these design decisions have been made lightly, but have been carefully thought out and continue to be tweaked based on feedback from people playing the game.
>
> And yes, Spartan Ops is as awesome as it sounds. Can’t wait to share more.


04/11/2012 Update!
GOOD update! In facts, Frankie is back even in the 343 Forums and is releasing a lot of info!
All weapons still available in the Sandbox
Possible new screenshot? It could be from Reach.
Other less-important posts in the second site!
Composers taking Halo 4’s music “to another level”
Introducing “Halo 4”'s Composer: Massive Attack’s Neil Davidge On Continuing A Legacy - NEW VIDOC

Something I’ve noticed about these thread is that all the whiners don’t actually read or respond to them.
It’s like they LIKE to -Yoink- about stuff.

> Something I’ve noticed about these thread is that all the whiners don’t actually read or respond to them.
> It’s like they LIKE to -Yoink!- about stuff.

Yes, you’re absolutely right. In fact, a troll (like a I am, too) loves to be feed or to get attention.

Thank you kind sir, for this informative post.

May I suggest renaming the title to: “Re-clarification on certain new mechanics”? Also, I suggest we try to keep this thread near the top so more people read it and take notice.

> May I suggest renaming the title to: “Re-clarification on certain new mechanics”? Also, I suggest we try to keep this thread near the top so more people read it and take notice.

Yes, thank you. I’d like support, too.
I’m leaving a “thank” anyway.

> > Something I’ve noticed about these thread is that all the whiners don’t actually read or respond to them.
> > It’s like they LIKE to -Yoink!- about stuff.
>
> Yes, you’re absolutely right. In fact, a troll (like a I am, too) loves to be feed or to get attention.

Uhm, what?
This can’t be a troll thread, if you think it is then you don’t know what being a troll truly is.

There is no dual-wielding, no firefight. Spartan Ops sounds cool but 343 is just killing Halo. I have been a huge fan of halo CE back when i was a kid. This game is turning into a cod rip/off. Im sorry 343 but you dont know halo.

> There is no dual-wielding, no firefight. Spartan Ops sounds cool but 343 is just killing Halo. I have been a huge fan of halo CE back when i was a kid. This game is turning into a cod rip/off. Im sorry 343 but you dont know halo.

I’m pretty sure they do, don’t worry kid, you (and by you I mean your mom) will buy it none the less.

> > > Something I’ve noticed about these thread is that all the whiners don’t actually read or respond to them.
> > > It’s like they LIKE to -Yoink!- about stuff.
> >
> > Yes, you’re absolutely right. In fact, a troll (like a I am, too) loves to be feed or to get attention.
>
> Uhm, what?
> This can’t be a troll thread, if you think it is then you don’t know what being a troll truly is.

I’m trying to make clear the difference between a troll thread and a complaint thread. Anyway, I don’t want to talk about that, sorry. :confused:

> > There is no dual-wielding, no firefight. Spartan Ops sounds cool but 343 is just killing Halo. I have been a huge fan of halo CE back when i was a kid. This game is turning into a cod rip/off. Im sorry 343 but you dont know halo.
>
> I’m pretty sure they do, don’t worry kid, you (and by you I mean your mom) will buy it none the less.

They have actually confirmed that both of those are not in the game. Might want to get your facts straight troll.

> > > There is no dual-wielding, no firefight. Spartan Ops sounds cool but 343 is just killing Halo. I have been a huge fan of halo CE back when i was a kid. This game is turning into a cod rip/off. Im sorry 343 but you dont know halo.
> >
> > I’m pretty sure they do, don’t worry kid, you (and by you I mean your mom) will buy it none the less.
>
> They have actually confirmed that both of those are not in the game. Might want to get your facts straight troll.

HAHAHA i know they are not in the game, what’s your point? you are buying the game none the less, wait and see.

Regardless of the direction 343i takes halo 4, i for one will be queing up at midnight for my copy! Im 26 now and have been playing halo for 10 great years, ive read the books and im excited for the direction the story will take me. People need to realise that 343i have not only got to keep us happy as the community, but also attract a whole new generation of gamers who have not previously played the original triology.

343i are going to put there stamp on the game. Buy it, try it but for yoink! sake, i wish people would stop complaining about it.

Yes its all true .

Only time will tell how it all plays out…

> Regardless of the direction 343i takes halo 4, i for one will be queing up at midnight for my copy! Im 26 now and have been playing halo for 10 great years, ive read the books and im excited for the direction the story will take me. People need to realise that 343i have not only got to keep us happy as the community, but also attract a whole new generation of gamers who have not previously played the original triology.
>
> 343i are going to put there stamp on the game. Buy it, try it but for yoink! sake, i wish people would stop complaining about it.

I completely agree with you. I am 100% on the story. But the multiplayer is a big part of the game. I was hoping to get back into Halo like I was in Halo 3. Reach sucked. And this game is going in the same direction multiplayer wise.

> > Regardless of the direction 343i takes halo 4, i for one will be queing up at midnight for my copy! Im 26 now and have been playing halo for 10 great years, ive read the books and im excited for the direction the story will take me. People need to realise that 343i have not only got to keep us happy as the community, but also attract a whole new generation of gamers who have not previously played the original triology.
> >
> > 343i are going to put there stamp on the game. Buy it, try it but for yoink! sake, i wish people would stop complaining about it.
>
> I completely agree with you. I am 100% on the story. But the multiplayer is a big part of the game. I was hoping to get back into Halo like I was in Halo 3. Reach sucked. And this game is going in the same direction multiplayer wise.

We are just going to have to wait and see, i do agree that reach was poor but it never stoped me playing.

I like this idea of spartan ops aswell, because i personally find that firefight gets boaring and old very fast.

Thanked!

After reading all of the follow up articles I think Halo 4 will be fine.

Keep up the good work 343! I’ll keep playing Reach until then,

> > Regardless of the direction 343i takes halo 4, i for one will be queing up at midnight for my copy! Im 26 now and have been playing halo for 10 great years, ive read the books and im excited for the direction the story will take me. People need to realise that 343i have not only got to keep us happy as the community, but also attract a whole new generation of gamers who have not previously played the original triology.
> >
> > 343i are going to put there stamp on the game. Buy it, try it but for yoink! sake, i wish people would stop complaining about it.
>
> I completely agree with you. I am 100% on the story. But the multiplayer is a big part of the game. I was hoping to get back into Halo like I was in Halo 3. Reach sucked. And this game is going in the same direction multiplayer wise.

Really? Well, maybe. I remember a post/Tweet (Don’t remember) where Frankie was saying that the playlists will provide a lot of different “gameplays” and will please “classic players” giving them “classic gameplay”. As far as I can play Halo 2/3 with better graphics I’m happy.

Added new video of Frankie talking about Bungie and 343i.