Rather have paid DLC and a delay

Don’t get me wrong I enjoy the multiplayer in halo 5 but I hate the way its setup, I don’t care for the req system I would have rather had a regular progression system as oppose to having to open packs in which you’re dissapointed 95% of the time and you havw grind a basicaly insane amount of time to unlock anything.

It annoys me how the game is three months in and yet its missing a large amount of gametypes that have been in the past three halos like griffball, oddball, infection, koth, race etc I would have rather have the game delayed if these gametypes and forge made it in from the start

And honestly I would rather just purchase map packs the old meathod instead of “the money from reqs” supporting the map remixes and forge maps we’ve gotten I feel like the older halos had better quality dlc

Yeah, this whole free dlc thing so far just seems to be a scam to give us cheap, low quality content in an effort to regularly bring back players each month, dissapoint them, and do the same the next month.

So few people bought DLC in the last halo games that you would rarely see the new maps in game. Halo 4’s season pass slightly alleviated this but Halo 2 - Reach had the same problems: The game prioritized matches over players with new maps so you’d rarely see them in game. They would make playlists for the new maps, but they would always have such tiny populations. Talking less than 100 players.

Free DLC is better. Everyone gets to play

I would’ve liked a delay to get the content we always had in the game and have free new DLC.

I doubt if they gave people gold plated cakes, that people would be content.

Nah paid DLC map packs were rendered useless after a couple of weeks when their playlist was dropped like the situation we had back in Halo 4. Since very few had them afterwards you’ll never get them in another playlist. So free DLC for everyone is better.

> 2533274809220485;5:
> I doubt if they gave people gold plated cakes, that people would be content.

Or… They could just give us the things that we always had in the past upon release rather than insist on a laughable attempt to extend the games legs through a minuscule dribble of sub standard crap and things that were included from the jump previously. Yeah, I’d take that, oh, and some split screen. You know nothing, 343i. Always chasing COD when you had the best multiplayer shooter archetype on the planet handed to you by Bungie. Books will be written about the epic failure of 343 and -Yoink!- to maintain the Halo phenomenon someday.

> 2533274905097737;2:
> Yeah, this whole free dlc thing so far just seems to be a scam to give us cheap, low quality content in an effort to regularly bring back players each month, dissapoint them, and do the same the next month.

Yeah I agree. Giving us a ton of new maps, game modes, and the best version of forge ever made for free is a huge scam. We should all be very angry. /s

@The OP: If you prefer them delaying the game and releasing everything at once- why don’t you just stop playing and wait until every update has come out so the rest of us can get back to enjoying the game as is. These threads are pointless.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274890800227;8:
> > 2533274905097737;2:
> > Yeah, this whole free dlc thing so far just seems to be a scam to give us cheap, low quality content in an effort to regularly bring back players each month, dissapoint them, and do the same the next month.
>
>
> Yeah I agree. Giving us a ton of new maps, game modes, and the best version of forge ever made for free is a huge scam. We should all be very angry. /s

A ton of new maps? Lol. The content has been underwhelming at best. Most of what they are giving was either in the game upon release previously or is garbage. New REQs!! Am I supposed to be blown away? We can’t even get capture the flag or infection as a playlist, but hey, MOAR REQs!! Pathetic.
@WuffyDave; What point does your white knighting of 343 serve? Legit question.

I expected everything from previous halos being updated into Halo 5 for free.

as for the maps, I’d gladly pay for map packs if it means the req system is gone.
I don’t buy req packs with cash, but I’d gladly pay cash for quality maps. I hate the req system. Idc if you can earn packs in game for free.

> 2533274809220485;5:
> I doubt if they gave people gold plated cakes, that people would be content.

How am I supposed to cut it, you selfish -Yoink-? A diamond scalpel?

Seriously though, “people will always find something to complain about” is a pretty lazy argument.

I do not ever want to pay for DLC that is more than just superficial enhancements. Paid DLC fragments the community between those who purchase and those who don’t.

I’ve already bought the game, don’t nickel and dime me just to stay current.

> 2533274823519895;11:
> Seriously though, “people will always find something to complain about” is a pretty lazy argument.

It doesn’t make it any less true.

> 2533274809541057;13:
> > 2533274823519895;11:
> > Seriously though, “people will always find something to complain about” is a pretty lazy argument.
>
>
> It doesn’t make it any less true.

Yeah, but it’s not particularly relevant. I find things to -Yoink- about living in a nice apartment when I could be living out on the street, but obviously the complaints are less valid and of a lesser caliber when they’re about stubbing my toe over worrying about which bridge I can claim for the night. Should I have not bothered with apartment hunting because I’d have complaints anyway?

I like how they are doing Free DLC because now we actually get to play the new maps, but I do think they are half assing it and pushing out some pretty minimalist amounts of content each month. It’s especially insulting due to the killing they’re making off REQs (already an extra $1 million in the HCS Prize pool, and that’s just a portion of the sales that go into it) and yet they don’t bother to use that money to push out better content. I also COMPLETELY agree that Halo 5 should have been delayed. They should have waited until they could get forge and all the classic gametypes in at launch instead of pushing a half-baked product out and then lazily spend the next half a year putting in all the content that should have been in there to begin with. I also think that they never should have even considered releasing it based on its horrendous campaign alone, but it seems like they’ve all deluded themselves into thinking its good. Luckily most of this game’s problems can be fixed with post launch updates and DLC, the problem now is that 343 just can’t seem to be bothered to put any real effort into fixing them.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535473043270221;9:
>

8 new maps since launch. Underwhelming content? The only people who say that are people who don’t even know how many modes and maps were in previous Halo games at launch compared to Halo 5. Look it up, H5 is very competitive with the amount of at launch content compared to any prior game.

Halo 5 is on a completely different game engine. There is no “removing things that were previously in”. Every single thing that is in Halo 5 was made completely from scratch.

White knighting 343? What I am doing is calling out entitled kids. Stop being mad because bad- get better. Stop whining because you can come up with something that you like that isn’t in the game yet. Every single Halo game has added stuff that was not in the previous game and also lacked things that were in the previous game.

Your baseless whining- what point does it serve? Legit question.

> 2533274890800227;16:
> > 2535473043270221;9:
> > > 2533274890800227;8:
> > > > 2533274905097737;2:
> > > > Yeah, this whole free dlc thing so far just seems to be a scam to give us cheap, low quality content in an effort to regularly bring back players each month, dissapoint them, and do the same the next month.
>
>
> 8 new maps since launch.
>
> White knighting 343? What I am doing is calling out entitled kids. Stop being mad because bad. Get better.
>
> Your whining- what point does it serve? Legit question.

I’ve seen you post that argument time and time again and lol every time I see it.

As for entitled, I’m sorry that most people expect a new title to improve and expand on its predecessors. It’s laughable how much features the game is missing, with gametypes being one of the largest offenders.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274826203061;17:
> > 2533274890800227;16:
> > 8 new maps since launch.
> >
> > White knighting 343? What I am doing is calling out entitled kids. Stop being mad because bad. Get better.
> >
> > Your whining- what point does it serve? Legit question.
>
>
> I’ve seen you post that argument time and time again and lol every time I see it.

Cool. You can laugh every time I say it and and I can laugh every time someone is mad about being bad and wants the game to be patched so that they do better.

> 2533274890800227;16:
> The only people who say that are people who don’t even know how many modes and maps were in previous Halo games at launch compared to Halo 5. Look it up, H5 is very competitive with the amount of at launch content compared to any prior game.

And now you’ve gone from someone with a different opinion to someone outright spreading misinformation. Super.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.</mark>

> 2533274890800227;18:
>

Wow much constructive. So critical. What else could one expect from a furry?

I remember you asked Ramir3zz why he though you were biased, and yet you fail to see that all your posts are pro 343. You would follow them to your death.