Rather Have a Fireteam(Osiris/BlueTeam)Or Marines?

In other Halo games, there weren’t 3 Spartans (If you were playing by yourself) that can’t die with you all the time. The old Halo games either had Marines, Arbiter, or some other random person for a level. For myself, I liked fighting along Marines or ODST. I just liked them more because in my opinion, they made the Campaign more fun. I don’t know, I guess I like fighting alongside Marines more than the same old Spartans. Also they could turn against you >:) So…
Would you rather have a Fireteam or Marines(Or Covenant because of Halo 2/3) to fight alongside you? Why? :slight_smile:

I also count the Halo 4 Spartans with Recruit armor as “Marines”. They have like the same health/fight the same.

Marines/Elites, they were suprisingly deadly given the right weapons and you weren’t forced to baby sit them like in Halo 5.

Marines were literally the worst teammates you could have. They actually made better enemies, feeding the flood more allies, betraying the master chief with grenades and rockets via friendly fire and then purposely getting in the way causing the entire army to turn on their only hope.
Halo 5 has been the only game I have enjoyed fighting alongside the AI so I’ll go with Spartans.

Marines. Also fun to have around for some reason. Or both, but no more dumb AI.

> 2533274917566811;4:
> Marines were literally the worst teammate you could have. They actually made better enemies, feeding the flood more allies, betraying the master chief with grenades and rockets via friendly fire and then purposely getting in the way causing the entire army to turn on their only hope.
> Halo 5 has been the only game I have enjoyed fighting alongside the AI so I’ll go with Spartans.

Oh yeah, Marines can turn against you, haha. I liked that as another reason.

I’d rather have a load of marines. Having multiple large teams of Spartans could cheapen the prestige that being one entails. That said, it’s a tough choice as I enjoy Blue Team and Osiris being around.

> 2535463924412330;2:
> I also count the Halo 4 Spartans with Recruit armor as “Marines”. They have like the same health/fight the same.

Yup, they’re basically Marines given MJOLNIR and classed as “Spartans”. Nothing special 'bout them in my opinion.

As for the original question: I’d rather have marines at my side, equip them with some shotguns and needlers. But I would love to have that one sniper marine from Combat Evolved, Mission 2. Have you ever had him in your Warthog? He just rapid-fires all the enemies with almost perfect accuracy, and he’s so great on LASO.

Actually, he’s the only reason I got through LASO when trying to rescue the remaining Marines.

I loved the last level in Halo 2 with all types of people helping you. The Hunters, Elites, Grunts, Marines, Honor Guards, etc.

Prefer marines, super accuracy on the Warthog.

In Halo reach Kat couldn’t drive.
In Halo 5 your fireteam cannot shoot anything unless you point it.
Also if you give a marine a rocket or sniper they actually use it whereas your fireteam 99% do not use the power weapons you give them.

> 2535463924412330;2:
> I also count the Halo 4 Spartans with Recruit armor as “Marines”. They have like the same health/fight the same.

No the Spartan 4’s had an overshield thou. Their’s are much weaker than urs but they still got it.

> 2533274917566811;4:
> Marines were literally the worst teammates you could have. They actually made better enemies, feeding the flood more allies, betraying the master chief with grenades and rockets via friendly fire and then purposely getting in the way causing the entire army to turn on their only hope.
> Halo 5 has been the only game I have enjoyed fighting alongside the AI so I’ll go with Spartans.

I was going to agree with you until that last point. Spartans are just as dumb as marines, only this time they get less kills.

Also someone pointed out marines with power weapons and I gotta say, whenever you play Halo: CE, give every marine a Sniper Rifle.

You know what would be cool? If you could have base upgrades in Warzone. Like they went from marines to ODST’s to Spartan IV’s

I rather have marines. In the H5 campaign do not trust Vale with a Wraith she will betray you!

I like the marines more. I would and still sometimes will try my best to save the most I can and give them the power weapons. They then became very helpful when in numbers.

i really miss marines they added nice depth to the single player

I like both. The marines made it seem more like you were doing everything, but the Fireteams add a whole new dimension of difficulty because you have to focus on reviving them. It adds an aspect of teamwork, which not many people on Halo like.

I want the ODST’s from Halo 3’s campaign.