Rather a longer campaign than SptnOps or FireFight

I would rather Halo 5: G (and Halo games in general) have a longer and better campaign, rather than featuring a third bonus mode (be it fire fight or spartan ops). Firefight and Spartan Ops are fun, but no where near as enjoyable as campaign. I’d rather those resources spent in Spartan Ops / Fire Fight to be devoted to making a better Campaign.

Campaigns could have more missions, a more developed and thorough story, and perhaps room for more innovation if more resources, time, and crew were working on the Campaign rather than Fire Fight / Spartan Ops.

The original trilogy was well recieved and enjoyed without these bonus modes.
At the same time, it wouldn’t be fair for me to request these modes to be removed as some fans love them.

What I think 343i should do is during the development cycle of Halo 5: G (its too late now) and future Halo games, is spend their time, resources, and crew working on only Campaign and Multiplayer, nothing else. And once the game is released, THEN work on Spartan Ops or Fire Fight as a DLC.

In my opinion, Campaign is the heart of Halo. Its the center of Halo’s lore, the source of Halo’s iconic Master Chief. The Campaign is the source that keeps the franchize alive, and allows books, movies, and toys to be created based off of it. The campaign is Halo. If delaying (I won’t say remove because thats a bit too harsh) Spartan Ops / FireFight to be made AFTER the game launches will make Halo’s campaigns even just 10% better, I think it would be worth it.

I’m not saying Halos campaigns are bad, I think they are great! But their true and maximum potential is held back by other modes taking up resources, time and crew. I’m not saying these other modes are a waste, I’m saying that the Campaign should be prioritized.

I disagree. I am likely to play the campaign once, maybe twice if I enjoy it. Firefight on the other hand, was my favourite mode in both Reach and ODST. I’d just hop into it whenever I’m bored and shoot some stuff, and I also liked how you had the freedom to choose weapons and modifiers in Reach.

> 2533274832934804;2:
> I disagree. I am likely to play the campaign once, maybe twice if I enjoy it. Firefight on the other hand, was my favourite mode in both Reach and ODST. I’d just hop into it whenever I’m bored and shoot some stuff, and I also liked how you had the freedom to choose weapons and modifiers in Reach.

If Halo custom edition came to console, that would quench that thirst.

thoughts?

I think we focus WAY too much on multiplayer, but that’s just me.

I like the way you think, OP.

I really don’t understand why Firefight has so much more replay value than Campaign. A smaller selection of high-quality, well designed content is more interesting than tons of low quality random content any day. I would rather have an interesting, memorable series of specific sandboxes than, repetitive enemy spawns in one area.

> 2533274933749851;6:
> I like the way you think, OP.

Thank you

I agree, i would wanna see a 10 hour campaign, that would be spectacular.

firefight, meh never really liked firefight that much.
i enjoyed spartan ops but its just basically like firefight with story.

imo campaign matters to me the most, the story of the game.

> 2535409396073129;9:
> I agree, i would wanna see a 10 hour campaign, that would be spectacular.
>
> firefight, meh never really liked firefight that much.
> i enjoyed spartan ops but its just basically like firefight with story.
>
> imo campaign matters to me the most, the story of the game.

I don’t know why but when I play spartan ops the gameplay just is boring to me, but when I play Halo 4’s campaign its so much more fun.

Maybe because the campaign had a better team designing each combat scenario.

Can we have an awesome, well thought out story AND and third mode? Or is that unrealistic? Lol

I’d rather have a long campaign, but if not, put it into spartan ops.

We need all 3 of those.

Campaign is part of the core experience for every halo game, whilst Spartan ops and Firefight are not, so I think campaign should be given priority, so I agree.

I am shocked how Halo is… Evolving…

Halo CE had 10 missions
Halo 2 had 15 missions (14 excluding Heretic cutscene)
Halo 3 had 11 missions (9 excluding the cutscenes)
Halo 4 had 10 missions (8 excluding the cutscenes)

Notice a pattern? The campaign gets shorter.

It makes no sense, the original Xbox could handle bigger games and Halo continued getting shorter on the 360 onwards.

This is the next-gen era of gaming and I’m expecting Halo 5 Guardians to have as many missions as the entirety of the MCC’s selection of campaign missions.

If there are less than 10 playable missions… That would be an outright joke.

Agreed that Campaign should be more focused on than it was in the past. It would be awesome if somehow they made Halo 5 have like 20 missions and throughout the campaign, you get switched from playing as the Chief, Locke, AND the Arbiter. If they made the writing and level design really on point, it could be the best campaign of any Halo game.

I enjoy firefight, especially ODST, the endless waves were fun. Always liked to see how far me and my team could get.

With that said, I still agree with you OP. Campaign is pretty much the same as firefight now with all the scoring options anyways. If getting rid of those modes means for a better story experience and better campaign in general, count me in.

P.S: I hope 343 makes legendary just a bit harder this time around, But not like Halo 2 legendary. I feel like H2’s legendaey is very gimmicky with the deaths.

Firefight in reach is what kept me playing halo so I say re-add it.

As for spartan ops, scrap it. If firefight and spartan ops can both be in so be it.

Problem isn’t entirely resources, it’s what’s done with them.

ODST firefight, while very limited compared to Reach, was far better than Reach’s Firefight, despite the latter most likely getting more resources. Top that off with Arcade version moving FF from survival to FR and JP all over the map to get commendations.

Spartan Ops on the other hand was lazily made, while again most likely getting more resources than ODST FF. Repeated maps, repeated objectives and very few missions you could actually fail at.

I’d rather first see the allocated resources handled properly with the right touch than cutting/delaying things for the sake of putting those resources at locations where they may make little difference.

We should be going forward, not backwards. I’d prefer to have firefight return in some form. Spartan Ops should not return and should be added to the main campaign instead.