Rate my loadouts!

So my current loadouts are starting to fail me, which is a bummer because I’ve had so much fun using them and they worked fairly well against my enemies. Are they losing it’s effect because I’m somehow becoming a bad player or the people who I am facing are getting better?
Anyways, I spent a couple of hours coming up with loadouts. I came up with four loadouts that are designed to cover all weaknesses, and excel in particular areas. I have not tested them out yet, and probably will not be able to until next weekend. So here are the loadouts I have created, and I want to see what you guys think about them. Tell me how my loadouts look and try them for yourselves if you want. It’s up to you. Please help me try to change, tweak, and improve them! Share yours if you can! :slight_smile:

Note: I have not named these loadouts yet but will soon be doing so.

1. All-Around (against basic enemies) - This is a VERY cheap loadout but I have to say it sure is an effective one
    Primary Weapon: DMR
    Secondary Weapon: Boltshot
    Grenade: Frag Grenades
    Armor Ability: Promethean Vision, Active Camouflage
    Tactical Package: Mobility
    Support Upgrade: Dexterity

-Good set up, covers all ranges
-Frags used for support (long)
-Promethean Vision is used to find and track enemies.
-Active Camouflage + Boltshot or DMR!!!
-Mobility allows unlimited sprint so you can run away from fights where the opponent has the advantage
-Dexterity allows you to swap weapons fast to quickly adapt to the situation and fight against multiple enemies after downing one.

Suggested Gametypes:
-Big Team Infinity Slayer
-Dominion
-Capture the Flag
-King of the Hill

1. Shield-Remover, Mid-Range, and Vehicle Destroyer
    Primary Weapon: Covenant Carbine or Battle Rifle
    Secondary Weapon: Plasma Pistol
    Grenade: Plasma Grenade
    Armor Ability: Jet Pack
    Tactical Package: AA Efficiency or Mobility

-Battle Rifle and Carbine are excellent at mid-ranges
-Dexterity makes the process of taking down shields with the plasma pistol and finishing enemies with a headshot much faster
-The plasma pistol can be used to freeze vehicles in their tracks, and a well-placed plasma grenade can destroy it
-Stick opponents at mid or close-ranges
-Jet Pack allows for better angels to attack enemies and also avoid boosting Ghosts and accelerating Warthogs

Suggested Gametypes:
-Infinity Slayer
-Big Team Infinity Slayer
-Dominion
-Regicide, Team Regicide
-Capture the Flag
-Oddball
-King of the Hill

1. Close-Range - This loadout is in the middle of being constructed. I am aware it is pretty crappy right now.
    Primary Weapon: Storm Rifle
    Secondary Weapon: Magnum
    Grenade: Frag Grenade
    Armor Ability: Promethean Vision

Suggested Gametypes:
-Infinity Slayer
-Big Team Infinity Slayer (only in closed, small areas)
-Dominion (only in closed, small areas)
-Regicide, Team Regicide
-Capture the Flag (only in closed, small areas)
-Oddball
-King of the Hill

1. Close-Range
    Primary Weapon: Assault Rifle
    Secondary Weapon: Magnum
    Grenade: Frag Grenade
    Armor Ability: Promethean Vision

Suggested Gametypes:
-Infinity Slayer
-Big Team Infinity Slayer (only in closed, small areas)
-Dominion (only in closed, small areas)
-Regicide, Team Regicide
-Capture the Flag (only in closed, small areas)
-Oddball
-King of the Hill

1. Hold This Position!
    Primary Weapon: DMR, Battle Rifle, Carbine, or Light Rifle
    Secondary Weapon: Assault Rifle, Storm Rifle, or Suppressor
    Grenade: Anyone!
    Armor Ability: Autosentry
    Tactical Package: Firepower
    Support Upgrade: Sensor

-Primary Weapons used for support “cleaning up enemies”
-Secondary Weapons used in Close Quarters Combat
-Grenades are also used to clear out enemies
-Autosentry is there to protect you from enemies, draw fire, and distract opponents while slightly draining opponents’ shields by it’s own (don’t rely on it to do this too much)
-Firepower gives you multiple ranges of weapons to work from
-Sensor allows you to have a better understanding of what is happening in the battlefield

Suggested Gametypes:
-Dominion
-Capture the Flag
-(occasionally) Oddball
-King of the Hill
-Extraction

eww no respect for the boltshot. hopefully the other loadouts fit your style of gameplay.

DMR + Boltshot ewwww…

eewwwwww dmr+boltshot+ Promethean vision

I too, really think that 343i needs to tone down the power of both the Boltshot and the DMR, but to me, they’re both so much fun to use. Both of them may be extremely overpowered, but obviously they’re both really effective weapons.

lol I get that, you guys don’t like the DMR+Boltshot thing, but stop posting eww DMR+Boltshot and maybe give my other Loadouts a read?

0/10.

> 0/10.

:frowning:

Does this apply to all of my loadouts?

> 3. Close-Range
> Primary Weapon: Storm Rifle
> Secondary Weapon: Magnum
> Grenade: Frag Grenade
> Armor Ability: Promethean Vision
> Tactical Package: Mobility
> Support Upgrade: Dexterity
>
> Suggested Gametypes:
> -Infinity Slayer
> -Big Team Infinity Slayer (only in closed, small areas)
> -Dominion (only in closed, small areas)
> -Regicide, Team Regicide
> -Capture the Flag (only in closed, small areas)
> -Oddball
> -King of the Hill

good luck getting kills with this one… switch it to br.

> I too, really think that 343i needs to tone down the power of both the Boltshot and the DMR, but to me, they’re both so much fun to use. Both of them may be extremely overpowered, but obviously they’re both really effective weapons.
>
> lol I get that, you guys don’t like the DMR+Boltshot thing, but stop posting eww DMR+Boltshot and maybe give my other Loadouts a read?

…EEEEWWWWW! :slight_smile:

Seriously though, on your anti-shield/vehicle loadout, I recommend a DMR or a light rifle. On BTB maps they’re much more effective against vehicles and long range foes. Plus, the light rifle still has a burst fire mode for easier close range headshots with your plasma pistol :smiley:

EDIT:Also, on your basic loadout and close range loadout, I’d recommend giving thruster pack a few trys. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it’s really helpful for getting a little distance from a grenade and making a quick duck into cover when in a firefight, it’s pretty much the only AA I use anymore(coupled with AA efficiency).

> > I too, really think that 343i needs to tone down the power of both the Boltshot and the DMR, but to me, they’re both so much fun to use. Both of them may be extremely overpowered, but obviously they’re both really effective weapons.
> >
> > lol I get that, you guys don’t like the DMR+Boltshot thing, but stop posting eww DMR+Boltshot and maybe give my other Loadouts a read?
>
> …EEEEWWWWW! :slight_smile:
>
> Seriously though, on your anti-shield/vehicle class, I recommend a DMR or a light rifle. On BTB maps they’re much more effective against vehicles and long range foes. Plus, the light rifle still has a burst fire mode for easier close range headshots with your plasma pistol :smiley:

lol, DMR. I’ll try both the Light Rifle and DMR out, thanks! DMR messes a lot with the game balance lol IMO.

> > > I too, really think that 343i needs to tone down the power of both the Boltshot and the DMR, but to me, they’re both so much fun to use. Both of them may be extremely overpowered, but obviously they’re both really effective weapons.
> > >
> > > lol I get that, you guys don’t like the DMR+Boltshot thing, but stop posting eww DMR+Boltshot and maybe give my other Loadouts a read?
> >
> > …EEEEWWWWW! :slight_smile:
> >
> > Seriously though, on your anti-shield/vehicle class, I recommend a DMR or a light rifle. On BTB maps they’re much more effective against vehicles and long range foes. Plus, the light rifle still has a burst fire mode for easier close range headshots with your plasma pistol :smiley:
>
> lol, DMR. I’ll try both the Light Rifle and DMR out, thanks! DMR messes a lot with the game balance lol IMO.

Meh, maybe, but you’re gonna be using it on another class anyways right? XD . Besides, if you wanna win long range firefights, it’s either that or the LR(and the DMR is bad a**)

> > > > I too, really think that 343i needs to tone down the power of both the Boltshot and the DMR, but to me, they’re both so much fun to use. Both of them may be extremely overpowered, but obviously they’re both really effective weapons.
> > > >
> > > > lol I get that, you guys don’t like the DMR+Boltshot thing, but stop posting eww DMR+Boltshot and maybe give my other Loadouts a read?
> > >
> > > …EEEEWWWWW! :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > Seriously though, on your anti-shield/vehicle class, I recommend a DMR or a light rifle. On BTB maps they’re much more effective against vehicles and long range foes. Plus, the light rifle still has a burst fire mode for easier close range headshots with your plasma pistol :smiley:
> >
> > lol, DMR. I’ll try both the Light Rifle and DMR out, thanks! DMR messes a lot with the game balance lol IMO.
>
> Meh, maybe, but you’re gonna be using it on another class anyways right? XD . Besides, if you wanna win long range firefights, it’s either that or the LR(and the DMR is bad a**)

Mhm, I usually see the DMR win against the Light Rifle. To me, the Light Rifle feels kind of weak and slightly sluggish unless I use it in Spartan Ops or campaign.

You need a Close-Mid-Long range loadout. I’ll give you a beast loadout that ive come up with.

Primary: Light Rifle
Sidearm: Magnum or Boltshot
AA: Hologram
Tactical Package: AA efficency

Since the Light Rifle is a little tricky to use i would recommend getting used to the fire modes. A quick scope with the scoped fire and 3 hip fire shots make the kill times even faster. The Light rifle is really deadly at Mid to Long range. The Boltshot or magnum is good for those close encounters and the Boltshot plus hologram causes tones of people to panic. AA efficency makes Hologram useful and the Dexterity makes the boltshot more deadly. Just a little something for you to see what you like. But my main load is…

Primary: Carbine
Secondary: Storm Rifle
AA: Active Camo
Tactical Package: Firepower
Support: Stealth

See if you can handle this loadout. Its such a beast.

> > > > > I too, really think that 343i needs to tone down the power of both the Boltshot and the DMR, but to me, they’re both so much fun to use. Both of them may be extremely overpowered, but obviously they’re both really effective weapons.
> > > > >
> > > > > lol I get that, you guys don’t like the DMR+Boltshot thing, but stop posting eww DMR+Boltshot and maybe give my other Loadouts a read?
> > > >
> > > > …EEEEWWWWW! :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > Seriously though, on your anti-shield/vehicle class, I recommend a DMR or a light rifle. On BTB maps they’re much more effective against vehicles and long range foes. Plus, the light rifle still has a burst fire mode for easier close range headshots with your plasma pistol :smiley:
> > >
> > > lol, DMR. I’ll try both the Light Rifle and DMR out, thanks! DMR messes a lot with the game balance lol IMO.
> >
> > Meh, maybe, but you’re gonna be using it on another class anyways right? XD . Besides, if you wanna win long range firefights, it’s either that or the LR(and the DMR is bad a**)
>
> Mhm, I usually see the DMR win against the Light Rifle. To me, the Light Rifle feels kind of weak and slightly sluggish unless I use it in Spartan Ops or campaign.

I switch up between the two but prefer the DMR. The LR has higher power when zoomed in, but the DMR’s higher ROF lets it hit LR users more often, throwing off their aim more. So it takes some getting used to, but once you get it down the LR can be crazy effective(I’m still learning to use it, but I’ve seen a few light rifle guys just tear people up).