Rat Race hidden in Beaver Creek? (Anniversary Map Pack)

Look this Clip on 1:29!
And now this: http://s7.directupload.net/images/110816/4bjl96rx.png
What do you think?

BRILLIANT FIND!

I thought of something similar earlier on, the rocks where the Overshield and Camo was on the trailer are forgeable, you can tell because of lighting not matching the other rocks.

My theory was you can delete that rock and access another map below, similar to how Sandbox worked in Halo 3 where you pretty much had 3 maps in one.

It wouldn’t surprise me if something like Waterworks was under Beavers Creek as Frankie confirmed earlier there will be at least ONE Halo 2 Map in the remakes.

> BRILLIANT FIND!
>
> I thought of something similar earlier on, the rocks where the Overshield and Camo was on the trailer are forgeable, you can tell because of lighting not matching the other rocks.
>
> My theory was you can delete that rock and access another map below, similar to how Sandbox worked in Halo 3 where you pretty much had 3 maps in one.
>
> It wouldn’t surprise me if something like Waterworks was under Beavers Creek as Frankie confirmed earlier there will be at least ONE Halo 2 Map in the remakes.

Very good find. Beaver Creek for the new Forgeworld anyone?

> > BRILLIANT FIND!
> >
> > I thought of something similar earlier on, the rocks where the Overshield and Camo was on the trailer are forgeable, you can tell because of lighting not matching the other rocks.
> >
> > My theory was you can delete that rock and access another map below, similar to how Sandbox worked in Halo 3 where you pretty much had 3 maps in one.
> >
> > It wouldn’t surprise me if something like Waterworks was under Beavers Creek as Frankie confirmed earlier there will be at least ONE Halo 2 Map in the remakes.
>
> Very good find. Beaver Creek for the new Forgeworld anyone?

This is what I was hoping for, or a map with a waterfall coming from a rocky area with a rocky roof top, if anyone knows any other maps like this in Halo CE either it being the Xbox Version or PC Version, reply, they are doing PC Remakes to, one of them is from Halo PC.

> > BRILLIANT FIND!
> >
> > I thought of something similar earlier on, the rocks where the Overshield and Camo was on the trailer are forgeable, you can tell because of lighting not matching the other rocks.
> >
> > My theory was you can delete that rock and access another map below, similar to how Sandbox worked in Halo 3 where you pretty much had 3 maps in one.
> >
> > It wouldn’t surprise me if something like Waterworks was under Beavers Creek as Frankie confirmed earlier there will be at least ONE Halo 2 Map in the remakes.
>
> Very good find. Beaver Creek for the new Forgeworld anyone?

Haha I hope so. Good find, indeed. Frankie is very clever if it’s true that he’s hidden some more map remakes into one whole map.

> Look this Clip on 1:29!
> And now this: http://s7.directupload.net/images/110816/4bjl96rx.png
> What do you think?

Sadly, I don’t think so. What we see in the clip and your picture look like an extra passage behind red base (presumably, there’s one behind Blue, too).

Sorry, but rat race ain’t returning.

> > > BRILLIANT FIND!
> > >
> > > I thought of something similar earlier on, the rocks where the Overshield and Camo was on the trailer are forgeable, you can tell because of lighting not matching the other rocks.
> > >
> > > My theory was you can delete that rock and access another map below, similar to how Sandbox worked in Halo 3 where you pretty much had 3 maps in one.
> > >
> > > It wouldn’t surprise me if something like Waterworks was under Beavers Creek as Frankie confirmed earlier there will be at least ONE Halo 2 Map in the remakes.
> >
> > Very good find. Beaver Creek for the new Forgeworld anyone?
>
> Haha I hope so. Good find, indeed. Frankie is very clever if it’s true that he’s hidden some more map remakes into one whole map.

Exactly, I mean, only 7 remakes, 6 being multiplayer was meant to replace CEA’s Multiplayer, it doesn’t seem enough.

Hoping my theory is correct and it happens on a few maps, not just Beavers Creek.

Heck falling below the water in Damnation should somehow link to Midship.

Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?

> Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?

Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.

‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.

> > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
>
> Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
>
> ‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.

Guys, there is not rat race built into Battle Creak. It’s a passage behind the bases. These, and many other extra paths and passages, are closed off by default, but can be opened in forge. That’s what Frankie was talking about with forgability in the new maps.

> > > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
> >
> > Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
> >
> > ‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.
>
> Guys, there is not rat race built into Battle Creak. It’s a passage behind the bases. These, and many other extra paths and passages, are closed off by default, but can be opened in forge. That’s what Frankie was talking about with forgability in the new maps.

And my theory on the deleteable rocks next to OS and Camo?

That is still a possibility.

> > > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
> >
> > Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
> >
>
> Guys, there is not rat race built into Battle Creak. It’s a passage behind the bases. These, and many other extra paths and passages, are closed off by default, but can be opened in forge. That’s what Frankie was talking about with forgability in the new maps.

Maybe there is Rat Race on the one side, and on the other side just a cave. Why do you need a teleporter in the cave if u have two of them behind the bases?

> > > > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
> > >
> > > Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
> > >
> > > ‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.
> >
> > Guys, there is not rat race built into Battle Creak. It’s a passage behind the bases. These, and many other extra paths and passages, are closed off by default, but can be opened in forge. That’s what Frankie was talking about with forgability in the new maps.
>
> Maybe there is Rat Race on the one side, and on the other side just a cave. Why do you need a teleporter in the cave if u have two of them behind the bases?

I believe in the non-classic version of the map, the teleporters are replaced with Lifts to get onto of the bases.

> >
> >
>

You may be right, but you have to admit it does bear a very heavy resemblance

> > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
>
> Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
>
> ‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.

Technically all maps have forgability, in most interviews you go in trying to make a sell; I believe that it might not be as grand as you guys are making it.

Selling points for CEA include:
Remade Campaign
Plastic Mode
Multiplayer Disc
Pre-order bonus Skull/Avatar Award
Fan Base

I dont think they went in with the intent of providing a Forgeworld substitute, but merely with the intent of bringing back classic maps for nostalgia and fun times.

> > > > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
> > >
> > > Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
> > >
> > > ‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.
> >
> > Guys, there is not rat race built into Battle Creak. It’s a passage behind the bases. These, and many other extra paths and passages, are closed off by default, but can be opened in forge. That’s what Frankie was talking about with forgability in the new maps.
>
> Maybe there is Rat Race on the one side, and on the other side just a cave. Why do you need a teleporter in the cave if u have two of them behind the bases?

It’s just another option with forge. Look closely at the video you posted, and the beginning with the shot behind red base. There are two covered up passage ways. Now, look later in the video (I believe you said around 40 seconds in), and you see the area you claim to be part of Rat Race. Look closely at the shot. It’s a passage behind the bases. It’s simple reasoning.

> > > > > Interesting, I just saw a post giving a link to an interview with Frankie on g4tv.com In it, I’m pretty sure he stated something about forgeability on all CEA maps, especially Beaver Creek! Could it be bigger than we think it is?
> > > >
> > > > Reminds me of the saying ‘Beyond the canyon’ when Bungie revealed Forge World on Bungie Day 2010.
> > > >
> > > > ‘Beyond the rocky cliffs’ comes to mind.
> > >
> > > Guys, there is not rat race built into Battle Creak. It’s a passage behind the bases. These, and many other extra paths and passages, are closed off by default, but can be opened in forge. That’s what Frankie was talking about with forgability in the new maps.
> >
> > Maybe there is Rat Race on the one side, and on the other side just a cave. Why do you need a teleporter in the cave if u have two of them behind the bases?
>
> It’s just another option with forge. Look closely at the video you posted, and the beginning with the shot behind red base. There are two covered up passage ways. Now, look later in the video (I believe you said around 40 seconds in), and you see the area you claim to be part of Rat Race. Look closely at the shot. It’s a passage behind the bases. It’s simple reasoning.

Hmm maybe… i don’t know. But i will see on Gamescom :smiley:

> >
> >
>
> Technically all maps have forgability, in most interviews you go in trying to make a sell; I believe that it might not be as grand as you guys are making it.
>
> Selling points for CEA include:
> Remade Campaign
> Plastic Mode
> Multiplayer Disc
> Pre-order bonus Skull/Avatar Award
> Fan Base
>
> I dont think they went in with the intent of providing a Forgeworld substitute, but merely with the intent of bringing back classic maps for nostalgia and fun times.

We know how companies can be sometimes, if I may, I would like to refer to a game called Runescape, they once hinted at the fact you could sit on chairs in that game, they ended up releasing a whole new skill were sitting on chairs was the smallest part of it.

Companies can be sneaky :slight_smile:

NOOO that map is broken into 250,500 pieces. Blehh. Get to top room and camp. Wooo. Sorry. I hate that map.

> NOOO that map is broken into 250,500 pieces. Blehh. Get to top room and camp. Wooo. Sorry. I hate that map.

Sword Base comes to mind.