Rapture (Slayer Map)

Map Name: Rapture
Map Description: Now, Prophet…Your end has come.
Game Variants: Team Slayer, Slayer.
Players: 2 - 10 (4-v-4 recommended)

Developed by myself, Imonkey777, Nomis78, and SyndromeUvaDown. This map has been extensively tested during Friday Night Customs over at HBO as well as during Forge Hub testing groups(including some awesome tips from GodlyPerfection)!

Designed for FFA and Team Slayer. Best Results are 5v5, Red vs Blue. Works just as well with less players, but feels a bit cramped with more. Please feel free to post any feedback or suggestions for improvements. A lot of work went into this sucker and I’d love to get it into Matchmaking someday.

Downloads:
Map Variant
Gametype

Screenshots:
Map Overview
Red Base
The Narrow Path
Rock Wall
Blue Base
Map Center
Ramp to Blue Base
The Hill

Very good design principles, but you lack in conservation, there are many instances when you can take it easier on the engine and replace complicated pieces with more simpler and more efficient items.

Good design, but needs simplification.

> Very good design principles, but you lack in conservation, there are many instances when you can take it easier on the engine and replace complicated pieces with more simpler and more efficient items.
>
> Good design, but needs simplification.

Thanks, I am glad you like it. I’ll keep in mind conserving pieces in my next map. Never would have occured to me unless you pointed it out. =)

Looks like a really good map. I can imagine the encounters in these spaces. Queued to download, for sure.

Have you thought about colouring the map? Making all of the pieces on the red side - red, and the pieces on the blue side - blue, for instance? Perhaps even adding lights. It could help for navigation and map recognition when players spawn.

Don’t worry, Nick. There are plenty of colored objects and there are lights. Probably didn’t capture them in the screenies, but you should not have any trouble finding them when you actually play. =)

I will take a look at it, sounds fun!