Rant of the day: H5 radar and map design...

After another particularly crap night of Halo 5 multiplayer, the more I play this game the more I realise I really hate the radar in this… You can sit down in a room and see the person walk in a nearby door before they show up on radar.

Also tonight I’ve played about 15 games in Team Arena, the only maps we got were Eden and Empire. Many of you have probably noticed that these maps are virtually IDENTICAL in layout. Now there are some half decent maps in H5, Coliseum and the alien spaceship map really fit in with the Halo style and are well designed play spaces with character but for the most part map design is putrid.

Also what is with the god awful graphical style in the multiplayer? The campaign shows off some lovely graphics… yet multiplayer we are forced to endure decade old texturing.

So glad Halo Reach has now been confirmed as a backwards compatible!!

Halo 5 is awful haven’t touched it since Black ops 3

If you like Reach more than Halo 5, I’m not surprised you don’t like it. Halo 5 is closer to Halo 2 than anything else.

Eden and Empire are similar but not identical,

> 2533274795070582;2:
> Halo 5 is awful haven’t touched it since Black ops 3

Then why are you here?

It must suck to have only 2 maps in 15 games - what playlists have you been in for more than 2 games in a row? I never seem to run into the same maps more than maybe one back to back case.

And just curious, did you ever play Halo 2, or did you start later? Truth is a re-invention of Midship, so of course it fits Halo’s style. I agree about some bland environments, but I think other than a skin change, the layout of most maps is alright. Not sure why some maps get so much hate, though.

> 2533274801820566;1:
> After another particularly crap night of Halo 5 multiplayer, the more I play this game the more I realise I really hate the radar in this… You can sit down in a room and see the person walk in a nearby door before they show up on radar.
>
> Also tonight I’ve played about 15 games in Team Arena, the only maps we got were Eden and Empire. Many of you have probably noticed that these maps are virtually IDENTICAL in layout. Now there are some half decent maps in H5, Coliseum and the alien spaceship map really fit in with the Halo style and are well designed play spaces with character but for the most part map design is putrid.
>
> Also what is with the god awful graphical style in the multiplayer? The campaign shows off some lovely graphics… yet multiplayer we are forced to endure decade old texturing.
>
> So glad Halo Reach has now been confirmed as a backwards compatible!!

I’m guessing you never played past Halos because you don’t know that the “alien spaceship map” is the iconic Midship map from Halo 2 and since you think Halo Reach is good then you obviously never played the past Halos to know that it was the worst gameplay. The campaign, forge and customization was great, but the gameplay was the worst.

I dislike most of the maps, truth and regret I like, as well as a few others, but Colosseum and a couple other ones I despise, on colosseum people camp at the top and spam grenades down and you can’t get around the other side of the map to flank them because the enemy team sits at that high point with sniper and grenades.

> 2533274884665671;7:
> I so dislike most of the maps, truth and regret I like, but Colosseum I despise, people camp at the top and spam grenades down and you can’t get around the other side of the map to flank them because the enemy team sits at that high point with sniper and grenades.

There are like 6 different ways to get to the high point, or you can grab a DMR and wait for your teammate to distract the sniper then shoot them when they aren’t looking

Its not just the maps, its also the power weapons and items added to the size. Too small a map with a rocket launcher…geez. Might as well make it so any kill counts because your gonna end up killing your own team.

When I say items, mainly for me I dislike the current camo. What ever happen to when a player uses it, your radar gives a hint, multiple targets appear etc.

> 2533274806689453;8:
> > 2533274884665671;7:
> > I so dislike most of the maps, truth and regret I like, but Colosseum I despise, people camp at the top and spam grenades down and you can’t get around the other side of the map to flank them because the enemy team sits at that high point with sniper and grenades.
>
>
> There are like 6 different ways to get to the high point, or you can grab a DMR and wait for your teammate to distract the sniper then shoot them when they aren’t looking

you shoot the sniper, they thrust away, besides, most of the time my teammates are not organized at all. I do okay when on that map when I’m with my friends, otherwise it’s a one sided battle if they hold that high point.