Ranks

I dislike the ranking system in this game. I don’t care as much about this one at all. Especially after only losing one game in slayer, and getting ranked in plat 2! What was so bad about 1-50? Because this new crap doesn’t show real skill.

It should be 1-50. That creates an actual skill gap. In this system, its so jacked up you can lose two in swat and get plat 3 and lose 4 in slayer and get diamond 1. I know cause it happened to me. Plus you get ppl who seem like they have never played a day in there life in onyx against some gold 5 pros.

Never understood competitive gaming

Why can’t you just play with your friends and family and be happy?

> 2533274852331112;1:
> I dislike the ranking system in this game. I don’t care as much about this one at all. Especially after only losing one game in slayer, and getting ranked in plat 2! What was so bad about 1-50? Because this new crap doesn’t show real skill.

I think the new system keep playing playing ranked games unlike halo 3 where people would stop playing after they got a 50 because they didnt want to lose it.

1-50 fails beccause permanent ranking systems quickly succumb to pressure from inactive players. That is why resets are necessary. For resets to be effective, they have to occur more frequently than players can get from 1-50. A ranking system is meant to keep top tier players away from the players who have no clue how to play, as the 50’s had to move through all the ranks and decimate players along the way. This would mess with the ranking system as some players would have terrible games against the 50’s who were passing through. This is why we have placement matches; to reduce the grind and allow the ranking system to function as it should. In halo 3 there were also inactive alternative accounts who would make an xbox live account, use a two day trial and grind up to 50. I knew three people who did this for fun in high school. This creates downward pressure on all ranks, creating an inaccurate ranking system, this also happens at the bottom, as people who play one day are included in the average for what a rank 25 should be. These opposite forces do not cancel out, as they were almost certainly unequal. After a certain point in Halo 3, your rank would be more difficult to change due to the high number of games you played. If you started out by sucking at the game, and gradually got better, those early games held you back. The seasons eliminates this issue, as well as those caused by inactive players. Placement matches (while currently not entirely accurate) help to eliminate giant skill gaps in the game. Seasons also allow them to tweak the ranking algorithms without providing an advantage to new or old players.
EDIT:
The different ranks silver 2, platinum 5 are just new names for the 1-50 numbers, so they still demonstrate skill, once an individual is accurately assessed

> 2533274832089275;5:
>

In halo 3 people use to sell level 50’s for Microsoft points.

> 2533274805919869;6:
> > 2533274832089275;5:
> >
>
>
> In halo 3 people use to sell level 50’s for Microsoft points.

This furthers my point. I played against plenty of fifties who were terrible in social playlists (I was at best a low 30’s in skill). Seasons eliminates most of these fake accounts at the top, unless people want to play in Onyx for a few weeks and get destroyed.