Ranks visible or no?

I wanted to put this out there in hopes 343 would see how the community feels about skill ranks being visible in the the playlist lobby or only on Halo Waypoint.

I personally would like to see the rankings in the playlist so that I can strive to become a better player by raising my own skill ranking. I would also like to have the bragging rights when it comes to my friends, I believe that will also encourage them to become better players as well by having a bit of friendly competition.

So please vote to let 343 what you would like to see.

I would also like to have some ingame bragging rights.

If its managed well, then I do not see a problem with a visible rank, make it only possible to rank up and not down and if someone hits a bad streak they stay within a certain range…say each rank of 10 is broken into .1 so it’s 30,30.1,30.2 and so on if you play bad you could in this instance only rank down to 30 and no lower so you will be matched against people also reduced ,people on a streak who have just hit 30 and better players passing through. This would stop boosters and d rankers and still give motivation to people who are not consistent but still want competitive games.

> If its managed well, then I do not see a problem with a visible rank, make it only possible to rank up and not down and if someone hits a bad streak they stay within a certain range…say each rank of 10 is broken into .1 so it’s 30,30.1,30.2 and so on if you play bad you could in this instance only rank down to 30 and no lower so you will be matched against people also reduced ,people on a streak who have just hit 30 and better players passing through. This would stop boosters and d rankers and still give motivation to people who are not consistent but still want competitive games.

That would promote even most boosting. You get the highest rank by boosting and you’d never lose it. You play bad, you should go down. H2 still holds the best ranking system, hands down.

> If its managed well, then I do not see a problem with a visible rank, make it only possible to rank up and not down and if someone hits a bad streak they stay within a certain range…say each rank of 10 is broken into .1 so it’s 30,30.1,30.2 and so on if you play bad you could in this instance only rank down to 30 and no lower so you will be matched against people also reduced ,people on a streak who have just hit 30 and better players passing through. This would stop boosters and d rankers and still give motivation to people who are not consistent but still want competitive games.

I disagree, booster will boost, no mater what.

Barebone ranking systems are the ideal, IMO.

> > If its managed well, then I do not see a problem with a visible rank, make it only possible to rank up and not down and if someone hits a bad streak they stay within a certain range…say each rank of 10 is broken into .1 so it’s 30,30.1,30.2 and so on if you play bad you could in this instance only rank down to 30 and no lower so you will be matched against people also reduced ,people on a streak who have just hit 30 and better players passing through. This would stop boosters and d rankers and still give motivation to people who are not consistent but still want competitive games.
>
> I disagree, booster will boost, no mater what.
>
> Barebone ranking systems are the ideal, IMO.

Halo 2 was the best of the best

Well lets just say that if the 1-50 ranking system is not visible in game and based off of win/loss then I will be retiring from the halo franchise.

> Well lets just say that if the 1-50 ranking system is not visible in game and based off of win/loss then I will be retiring from the halo franchise.

Overdramatic

> > Well lets just say that if the 1-50 ranking system is not visible in game and based off of win/loss then I will be retiring from the halo franchise.
>
> Overdramatic

Sincerity

If They make the system work and it pairs you up with people of equal skill i would not have a problem needing to look up my skill on a different website

Thanks for the reply’s. Hopefully 343 is listening.

> If They make the system work and it pairs you up with people of equal skill i would not have a problem needing to look up my skill on a different website

If you want to look up your rank placement after every match then thats on you, not all of us would like to do that. Halo would not be as big as it is now if not for the 1-50 ranking system in Halo 2.

I love Halo 4 despite all the niggling issues I’m hoping get ironed out…

Even so, I can’t deny the fact I’m only really playing at the moment so I don’t get rusty before both the 1-50 ranking system comes about, and the double team playlist comes back… MLG playlist would also be a major plus!

If the 1-50 isn’t up in lobbies though, I’m pretty sure it would really annoy a hell of a lot of people!