Ranks to be Reset?

I have heard varying rumors and speculation on the ranking system and supposedly everyone is going to be reset. Anyone have any info on that?

If 343i resets my 130 i swear…

Question is…why would they do a reset?

First i’ve heard about it.
If they do choose to abolish the ranking system they best put a better one in it’s place. I wouldn’t really miss my SR130.

I dont know why they would, maybe issues with boosting? To be honest I wish it went higher than 130, in Reach i busted my a$& to get Inheritor and the haunted skull was worth it.

Obvious troll is obvious? That or some random jerk has been pulling your leg.

There’s no reason for them to reset ranks unless people are cheating, in which case only the cheaters will be reset.

My total game time’s just over 3 days, and I’m Rank 91…It’s stupid how fast 130 can be reached…If they did a reset they need to make it skill based, not experience based.

Are you thinking of CSR rank vs Progressive rank?

They stated that CSR would be at 0 for all players when its implemented. This is the first I’ve heard of the SR rank being reset. That would be a bad move on 343i’s part.

and where did you hear this “rumor”?

> Will a CSR be ‘assigned to me’ once the system launches? Or do I need to start fresh?
> Matchmaking and hoppers will be tracking and analyzing data from Day 1, and when the final settings for CSR are in place, we’ll make the call on whether to use existing data as a baseline for your CSR, or to start everyone fresh in new playlists.

I’m pretty much positive it’s the data for your CSR rank that’ll be reset so everyone starts fresh, not the 1-130 progression system.

> I have heard varying rumors and speculation on the ranking system and supposedly everyone is going to be reset. Anyone have any info on that?

> I have heard varying rumors and speculation

LOL ok

> > I have heard varying rumors and speculation on the ranking system and supposedly everyone is going to be reset. Anyone have any info on that?
>
>
>
> > I have heard varying rumors and speculation
>
> LOL ok

No I’m not joking or trolling, i was talking to a friend of mine who has been playing Halo since Halo 2, he mentioned it and I was merely seeing if anyone knew anything about it. I personally think the top rank is way to easy to reach, I’m currently sitting at SR113, and thats with taking weeks off at a time from playing.

I may only be an SR76 but it took me a fair amount of games to get this far and if they reset the ranks… Good God. Me and my mates are gonna Rage Quit!

If 343 do reset the ranks that’s literally it for me. I won’t be playing Halo 4 again.

I just hope armor does not get reset. =S

I’d be so pissed if I loose my SR115 -.-

I don’t think there would be a rank reset…

NOOOO guys, they are not resetting progression rank. It’s the csr rank that’s starting from the ground up.

Nah, it’s the data which would calculate your CSR rank which would be reset. Actually, let me rephrase that. CSR could use your current data and work out a rank on its inception, or it could start afresh and only count fresh stats to the rank. I.e it wouldn’t take into account any wins/losses you would have got before it’s inception, just the ones after etc. The actual data you have generated beforehand wouldn’t be erased; you’ll still have that, only that newly generated data after its inception will be used to calculate your CSR rank, if that makes any sense.