Ranks reset every month?

I was watching Roy (well known Halo pro) stream on Twitch and he and his mods said ranks will reset every month.

I’m not sure what to think of this. On one hand it will be nice incentive to grind out your rank each month and give everyone a fresh start. On the other hand though, does that mean I’ll always have on my team or the other who is trying to place and either wrecks faces or quits in match because that’s what placing people do (at least in quite a few of my matches)

what at do you guys think?

I think it is a good idea but will get a bit tedious if for example you get placed into bronze and have to work back up only for it to change again.

I think this is a great idea. First I have heard of this.

It’s not that great if you grind MP for a Onyx/Champion status, then lose it all the next month. If you hit Onyx or Champion, you should keep that rank.

Only seasonal playlists reset monthly, they are not yet releasedd

Allows others to climb into champion.

There are no seasonal playlists out yet, therefore these playlist ranks will. Not be reset

> 2535416132239562;7:
> There are no seasonal playlists out yet, therefore these playlist ranks will. Not be reset

So you’re saying only ‘seasonal’ playlists reset? Where’d you hear this and do you know what consists of a seasonal playlist? Thanks for chiming in (:

I saw it in a post by 343 about the rank explanations. It said seasonal playlists will be reset monthly and will be re released later this year

They are all seasonal playlists… just not all reset every month. SWAT may reset one month, then Slayer the next.

If thats the case why work ur -Yoink- off to get onyx in everything if in 2 weeks it could be reset. Id rather just play social

> 2533275030383120;10:
> They are all seasonal playlists… just not all reset every month. SWAT may reset one month, then Slayer the next.

No these are not seasonal. BTB, Oddball, the ones they will keep up for a few months then replace are seasonal, the launch modes are perms they will not reset.

> Seasons are a new competitive feature for Arena that gives you a chance to continuously challenge yourself while having the opportunity to earn monthly rewards. When Seasons debut later this year, your CSR in certain playlists will be reset and you will play your placement matches again. You get a fresh start each month to try to prove yourself in select Seasonal Arena playlists. This gives you a chance to top your performance from last season, and see how high of a rank you can achieve. Seasons will last for a month, and anybody who earns a CSR in a Seasonal Playlist will earn cosmetic rewards to commemorate the Season. (Here’s a sneak peek at the emblem rewarded for the December season)
>
> Season boundaries will also be an important milestone for when we make changes to the Arena experience based on community feedback. Once we launch, we will be listening for all types of feedback regarding Arena: favorite maps, mode settings, playlists, etc…We plan to implement all of these changes at season boundaries.

> 2533274917158807;4:
> It’s not that great if you grind MP for a Onyx/Champion status, then lose it all the next month. If you hit Onyx or Champion, you should keep that rank.

And not allow anyone else to get those ranks? All or nothing, otherwise that just isn’t fair for everyone else. I have almost all Onyx ranks right now so I’m not prejudice against “good kids”.

> 2535412395556822;8:
> > 2535416132239562;7:
> > There are no seasonal playlists out yet, therefore these playlist ranks will. Not be reset
>
>
> So you’re saying only ‘seasonal’ playlists reset? Where’d you hear this and do you know what consists of a seasonal playlist? Thanks for chiming in (:

you also get REWARDED every month for getting re ranked, this season will keep me playing for sure. much better then lets say league of legends where you spend 12 months trying to rank up to have it reset on you and spend another YEAR doing it again. monthly is the way to go!. also as someone stated only that months “season” playlist will get reset. the ranks we have now will not

I don’t have a problem with its besides I already go through this with StarCraft II

> 2535416132239562;11:
> If thats the case why work ur -Yoink- off to get onyx in everything if in 2 weeks it could be reset. Id rather just play social

you get rewarded for working your yoink off! every single month you do! you would be wasting your team if you played social.

Your highest CSR is still reflected on your Service Record, so this sounds good to me, especially if it’s only selected playlists.

> 2787272447958470;3:
> I think this is a great idea. First I have heard of this.

Do you not read news releases in the website? I think every month is too soon

Do we know if there will be a way to see past seasons? If there isn’t thats big incentive to not bother placing every month.

Also have they mentioned what the rewards will be?