Ranks must be hard earned

I played LOL (league of legends) for a year, it tooks me for thouthands of unranked games to earn Gold rank (LOL ranking system is almost like H5), when I got Platinum I was really excited.
But Halo 5… Have you ever seen a Bronze players? I’ve seen only 1 or 2 of them since october. If you play like a s**t, you’ll get a Gold 1 or even more. What the hell? Ranks must be hard earned! What’s the sense to have so many ranks if you start from Gold to Platinum???

The ranking has been improved since launch, but I still feel that personal performance should be taken into account more when placing a player. Sure, Halo is a team-based game, but if you consistently get KDs like 3-15, 0-12, ect., you should not be placed as high as Gold because you were carried there

It may not have been perfect, but Halo 3’s 1-50 system did a good job of ranking players where they deserved to be. Sure, you might get some ranks from being carried, but at some point in the rank ladder, your poor performances will start to have an effect on your chances of winning and being carried, and at some point you won’t level up anymore until you get better. This was the case for me when I first started playing Halo online. I stayed at low ranks and worked my way up as I got better and better at the game over time. Plus, it was fun trying to get the highest rank I could achieve by starting at the bottom and working hard to get a higher rank

The ranks are straight messed up. I won 3 out of 10 of my qualifying in team arena and got ranked platinum. Which though it’s my lowest rank, I’m still on a week long losing streak because the game refuses to rank me into a proper placement. Not only that but I find I am almost continually ranked on teams with golds and platinum, and playing against a team with one or more onyx, or diamond players. Leading to an unfair game.

This issue is so large at this point that I find myself dreading arena because it makes me feel like crap and frustrated.

All your ranks ARE earned. Everyone randomly earns platinum regardless of 1/10 wins or 9/10!

> 2533274913936758;4:
> All your ranks ARE earned. Everyone randomly earns platinum regardless of 1/10 wins or 9/10!

Indeed.

The fix would be start at bronze and work up fairly slowly bit by bit.

> 2732317809650829;5:
> > 2533274913936758;4:
> > All your ranks ARE earned. Everyone randomly earns platinum regardless of 1/10 wins or 9/10!
>
>
> Indeed.
>
> The fix would be start at bronze and work up fairly slowly bit by bit.

That’s fine as long as they also ditch the stupid season system and bring back deranking.

> 2533274908070201;2:
> It may not have been perfect, but Halo 3’s 1-50 system did a good job of ranking players where they deserved to be. Sure, you might get some ranks from being carried, but at some point in the rank ladder, your poor performances will start to have an effect on your chances of winning and being carried, and at some point you won’t level up anymore until you get better. This was the case for me when I first started playing Halo online. I stayed at low ranks and worked my way up as I got better and better at the game over time. Plus, it was fun trying to get the highest rank I could achieve by starting at the bottom and working hard to get a higher rank

That’s the point of multiplayer games, isn’t it? And that’s what I’m talking about - Per aspera ad astra!