Ranks are useless. Again....

I have 27 wins out of 34 matches. 8.1 kd. I’m onyx level 1 I see a guy with 15 wins out of 25 matches. 5.0 kd. Pro. -_-

I doubt the pool of players would be that large.

Yeah, they need to make it so it takes time, like a lot of time before you rank up or get placed in a high rank.

My stats are significantly worst than that, but I’m also Onyx. :confused: No clue why they thought Reach ranks would be satisfying for competitive players when Reach was the downfall of competitive Halo.

> 2533274808531293;1:
> I have 27 wins out of 34 matches. 8.1 kd. I’m onyx level 1 I see a guy with 15 wins out of 25 matches. 5.0 kd. Pro. -_-

Is that your actual K/D? or is that with assists (doesn’t count). Mines 10.7 with assists lol, its a joke. Anyones K/d looks nice with assists.
But a 2.3 without. I’m Onyx III.

yea the ranking system doesnt seem to promising :frowning:

i think the issue is with what ever is counted during those 1st 10 matches that seems to be where it goes wrong

I just had a game where I went 17 to 1 on the winning team. I got 2 points.

Then next game half my team leaves, we predictably lose (despite putting up a good fight still) and I lost 24 points.

After the first ten games it put me at Onyx 1 (don’t know if this is good or bad) but essentially it takes 4-5 wins just to get the points back after one loss. How well I do is irrelevant.

> 2732317809651779;8:
> I just had a game where I went 17 to 1 on the winning team. I got 2 points.
>
> Then next game half my team leaves, we predictably lose (despite putting up a good fight still) and I lost 24 points.
>
> After the first ten games it put me at Onyx 1 (don’t know if this is good or bad) but essentially it takes 4-5 wins just to get the points back after one loss. How well I do is irrelevant.

How bad is your spread when you lose?

If I win and have a good spread, I get about 11-14 points
If I lose and have a good spread, I lose about 6-9 points

Haven’t really gone negative and lost yet. (no brag)

343 has a beta to see what needs to be fixed. Community finds something that can easily be fixed in the months before releash. Community decides its -Yoink- even though its gonna be fixed and needs to be completely taken out of the game. Great logic OP. How about trying to help 343 to make the new ranking system better instead of being an -Yoink- and completely forgetting what a beta is for. Or have you just used this time to -Yoink- at 343? I like to think people are using a BETA to point out to 343 how they can fix this new ranking system and make it better, instead of being an -Yoink- and saying it should just go away.

It seems purely based of W/L which is -Yoink- with this terrible matchmaking system. I’m consistently put on a bad team, it makes me feel like the only way to have a decent rank is to

A. Be lucky to get on good teams (I’ve had no such luck)
B. Constantly work triple as hard to carry your team.
C. Don’t play with randoms
The last game I played I was on a horrid team I carried with 75% of our points… My KD was well into the positive but we lost anyways because the rest of my team was going 4-13 or worse and I took a massive hit to my rank.

My KD was 2.4 with twenty something kills and would have likely been even higher if I had a team actually supporting me.

The first 10 games decides where you start on the competitive ranking. I went like 2 wins out of 10, got iron. My teammate got 3 out of 10, got bronze. Once he achieved bronze, he doesn’t appear to lose it, and I have to grind up through iron to get to bronze, while relying on not getting stuck on a team with all worse players than me.

Since it doesn’t appear that quitting has a penalty at this time, what stops me from starting 10 out of 10 and getting the pro ranking? will I ever lose it?

> 2533275006846402;10:
> 343 has a beta to see what needs to be fixed. Community finds something that can easily be fixed in the months before releash. Community decides its -Yoink- even though its gonna be fixed and needs to be completely taken out of the game. Great logic OP. How about trying to help 343 to make the new ranking system better instead of being an -Yoink- and completely forgetting what a beta is for. Or have you just used this time to -Yoink- at 343? I like to think people are using a BETA to point out to 343 how they can fix this new ranking system and make it better, instead of being an -Yoink- and saying it should just go away.

A beta is a lot closer to final product than most think. The 7 Tier rank system will most likely not disappear. There are good and bad ways to complain. To get something changed quickly and drastically, it requires a little noise. These forums are always in uproar.

> 2533275006846402;10:
> 343 has a beta to see what needs to be fixed. Community finds something that can easily be fixed in the months before releash. Community decides its -Yoink- even though its gonna be fixed and needs to be completely taken out of the game. Great logic OP. How about trying to help 343 to make the new ranking system better instead of being an -Yoink- and completely forgetting what a beta is for. Or have you just used this time to -Yoink- at 343? I like to think people are using a BETA to point out to 343 how they can fix this new ranking system and make it better, instead of being an -Yoink- and saying it should just go away.

Didn’t say take it out just saying it’s broke

Whats the problem ? If the guy isn’t pro material he’ll be demoted.

> 2533274808531293;14:
> > 2533275006846402;10:
> > 343 has a beta to see what needs to be fixed. Community finds something that can easily be fixed in the months before releash. Community decides its -Yoink- even though its gonna be fixed and needs to be completely taken out of the game. Great logic OP. How about trying to help 343 to make the new ranking system better instead of being an -Yoink- and completely forgetting what a beta is for. Or have you just used this time to -Yoink- at 343? I like to think people are using a BETA to point out to 343 how they can fix this new ranking system and make it better, instead of being an -Yoink- and saying it should just go away.
>
>
> Didn’t say take it out just saying it’s broke

Yet you don’t give advice on how to fix it. Like “Make it so its 15-20 matches to actually start being put in ranks, And that it should be based on K/D and W/L”

Like heres my idea. If you do poorly and lose the game, you should lose a lot more ground to getting to the next rank, while if you win but do poorly you don’t gain as much ground as if you won the game and went over positive K/D.

> 2701489597929026;9:
> > 2732317809651779;8:
> > I just had a game where I went 17 to 1 on the winning team. I got 2 points.
> >
> > Then next game half my team leaves, we predictably lose (despite putting up a good fight still) and I lost 24 points.
> >
> > After the first ten games it put me at Onyx 1 (don’t know if this is good or bad) but essentially it takes 4-5 wins just to get the points back after one loss. How well I do is irrelevant.
>
>
> How bad is your spread when you lose?
>
> If I win and have a good spread, I get about 11-14 points
> If I lose and have a good spread, I lose about 6-9 points
>
> Haven’t really gone negative and lost yet. (no brag)

The game I lost just now where half the team quit I was still positive. Not by much granted but it wasn’t especially fair to give me minus 24 just because the rest of the team quit. Even going 2 against 4 we still got thirty plus kills between us.

I usually go positive but I have noticed very little difference in how many points I lose even if I do have a bad game and lose. Just seems to be -20 as a minimum.

I think the 2 points for the win was due to unranked players on the enemy team but even a solid win against ranked players and I’ve still got just 6 points. 10-11 seems about normal.

> 2533274808531293;1:
> I have 27 wins out of 34 matches. 8.1 kd. I’m onyx level 1 I see a guy with 15 wins out of 25 matches. 5.0 kd. Pro. -_-

Should’ve kept running with Torture and I… :slight_smile:

What is your point OP?

You saw a guy with some good stats so the ranking system is broken?

> 2732317809651779;17:
> > 2701489597929026;9:
> > > 2732317809651779;8:
> > > I just had a game where I went 17 to 1 on the winning team. I got 2 points.
> > >
> > > Then next game half my team leaves, we predictably lose (despite putting up a good fight still) and I lost 24 points.
> > >
> > > After the first ten games it put me at Onyx 1 (don’t know if this is good or bad) but essentially it takes 4-5 wins just to get the points back after one loss. How well I do is irrelevant.
> >
> >
> >
> > How bad is your spread when you lose?
> >
> > If I win and have a good spread, I get about 11-14 points
> > If I lose and have a good spread, I lose about 6-9 points
> >
> > Haven’t really gone negative and lost yet. (no brag)
>
>
> The game I lost just now where half the team quit I was still positive. Not by much granted but it wasn’t especially fair to give me minus 24 just because the rest of the team quit. Even going 2 against 4 we still got thirty plus kills between us.
>
> I usually go positive but I have noticed very little difference in how many points I lose even if I do have a bad game and lose. Just seems to be -20 as a minimum.
>
> I think the 2 points for the win was due to unranked players on the enemy team but even a solid win against ranked players and I’ve still got just 6 points. 10-11 seems about normal.

-20 points seems a bit harsh. I have no doubt there are bugs in the system. Best of luck, try to get a couple friends together. Even if they aren’t the best players, being able to communicate is much better than having faith in randoms.