Ranks and General Skill Level

Making this to help clarify the placement and types of players you will be facing in each rank

since it is heavily based on win/loss and if you are playing higher ranks or not i dont tend to associate any kind of k/d or individual player skill with rank
i do assess it very generally on experience with the Halo franchise itself

granted i have worked my way up from gold in most playlists so qualifying at gold isnt the end of the world

the added wins for qualifiers is a general idea
it is in no way accurate or accounts for the ranks of players you face and how it places you in FFA or weekend playlists

i am assuming the first thousand or so people to qualify get onyx or champion in most playlists where no one is ranked yet

Bronze: Potatoes for controllers i am assuming. (no wins in qualifiers)
Player Base: mostly very casual players or those playing this game as their first FPS

Silver: Noob, (1-2 wins in qualifiers)
Player Base: just getting the hang of the game or very casual players not to be insulting, just a literal newbie to the game or doesnt know the maps/flow yet

Gold: Average (3-4 wins in qualifiers)
Player Base: the meat of your players are going to be here, mainly casual or upcoming players that got an unlucky placement

Platinum: Above Average (5-6 wins in qualifiers)
Player Base: tend to be long time halo players, know maps and call outs very well. not too sweaty but will make for a challenging game

Diamond: Experienced (7-8 wins in qualifiers)
Player Base: very sweaty lobbies going for that onyx rank. most likely teams or pairs grinding through the ranks. most will go negative here if not on the same skill level or working in teams

Onyx: Semi-pro/Sweaty (won at least 8 quals)
Player Base: tough competition with players that live to play. a few naturally skilled players here and there but more often than not you will be up against sweaties

Champion: Pro tier best of the best (won all 10)
Player Base: Usually nothing less than a full team. they will play to win at any cost to maintain their status. unless you are unlucky to face a few champions in some playlists most dont have to worry about these unless they are onyx/champion themselves

You forgot diamond.

Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.

> 2533274903975459;2:
> You forgot diamond.

thank you lol i just put it in

> 2533274867546478;3:
> Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.

k.d isnt a huge factor in qualifying (judging by my KDA) i am consistent though and play objective hard

winning against higher ranked players is the ONLY way to rank up or qualify higher

i average platinum and gold and usually work my way up from gold to platinum

diamond in FFA since i perform in the top 3 consistently

screwed up in SWAT because of Orion spawn locking the week of launch

was hoping to hit onyx but got put in platinum due to losing almost every match on orion

> 2533274867546478;3:
> Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.

Yeah…I’ve been a long time competitive Halo player, about 10 years. This game took some getting used to. I was awful for about a week or two.

> 2533274903975459;6:
> > 2533274867546478;3:
> > Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.
>
>
> Yeah…I’ve been a long time competitive Halo player, about 10 years. This game took some getting used to. I was awful for about a week or two.

i actually started off well but now i am sucking more and more because of people adapting

i have adapted but not as quickly as others are

my biggest pet peeve is the call outs and waypoints for power weapons…that reduces the map control and skill gap significantly imo because half of halo was learning maps and weapon spawns

> 2533275010968401;7:
> > 2533274903975459;6:
> > > 2533274867546478;3:
> > > Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.
> >
> >
> > Yeah…I’ve been a long time competitive Halo player, about 10 years. This game took some getting used to. I was awful for about a week or two.
>
>
> i actually started off well but now i am sucking more and more because of people adapting
>
> i have adapted but not as quickly as others are
>
> my biggest pet peeve is the call outs and waypoints for power weapons…that reduces the map control and skill gap significantly imo because half of halo was learning maps and weapon spawns

I agree, I preferred knowing the map by heart and knowing weapon/custom power times. New game though, so you have to adapt to it (:

> 2533274903975459;8:
> > 2533275010968401;7:
> > > 2533274903975459;6:
> > > > 2533274867546478;3:
> > > > Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah…I’ve been a long time competitive Halo player, about 10 years. This game took some getting used to. I was awful for about a week or two.
> >
> >
> > i actually started off well but now i am sucking more and more because of people adapting
> >
> > i have adapted but not as quickly as others are
> >
> > my biggest pet peeve is the call outs and waypoints for power weapons…that reduces the map control and skill gap significantly imo because half of halo was learning maps and weapon spawns
>
>
> I agree, I preferred knowing the map by heart and knowing weapon/custom power times. New game though, so you have to adapt to it (:

yeah and i feel short changed when i a getting rekt by vehicles and power weapons left and right because johnny doeswell gets all his kills with ghosts or rail guns

i mean i understand controlling power weapons helps but any scrub can run to a waypoint and get kills with a weapon they pick up i just hate losing gun battles to those that need that weapon to finish the fight

i am more of an objective player and medal hunter anyways (my kd hovering around a 1.0) i like killing in creative ways and getting the jump on people

i appreciate the tryhards that want to go 25 and 3 each game because it helps but going 25 and 3 only helps you and not the team if we end up losing and i was rushing the flag or stronghold the entire game and go 3 and 25

> 2533275010968401;9:
> > 2533274903975459;8:
> > > 2533275010968401;7:
> > > > 2533274903975459;6:
> > > > > 2533274867546478;3:
> > > > > Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yeah…I’ve been a long time competitive Halo player, about 10 years. This game took some getting used to. I was awful for about a week or two.
> > >
> > >
> > > i actually started off well but now i am sucking more and more because of people adapting
> > >
> > > i have adapted but not as quickly as others are
> > >
> > > my biggest pet peeve is the call outs and waypoints for power weapons…that reduces the map control and skill gap significantly imo because half of halo was learning maps and weapon spawns
> >
> >
> > I agree, I preferred knowing the map by heart and knowing weapon/custom power times. New game though, so you have to adapt to it (:
>
>
> yeah and i feel short changed when i a getting rekt by vehicles and power weapons left and right because johnny doeswell gets all his kills with ghosts or rail guns
>
> i mean i understand controlling power weapons helps but any scrub can run to a waypoint and get kills with a weapon they pick up i just hate losing gun battles to those that need that weapon to finish the fight
>
> i am more of an objective player and medal hunter anyways (my kd hovering around a 1.0) i like killing in creative ways and getting the jump on people
>
> i appreciate the tryhards that want to go 25 and 3 each game because it helps but going 25 and 3 only helps you and not the team if we end up losing and i was rushing the flag or stronghold the entire game and go 3 and 25

I think that’s why the only playlist I have a winning record in is ctf because I know I’m so terrible that defending a flag carrier shouldn’t be my primary job. I basically take the route that no one goes to because they are busy padding their kd or kda and not worry about getting smoked because I already have terrible stats.

I’m in Onyx for SWAT. I shouldn’t be in Onyx for SWAT. Agreed on Gold - I feel that ranking is mostly dependent on having teammates who don’t understand the objective but are still capable of killing.

In team slayer, I won 9 out of 10 with a K/D of 2 and got placed Diamond. My brother played with me the entire time, got a K/D of 3 and got Onxy. So yeah, K/D matters.

W/L only counts after the qualifier matches. You will rank based on your individual skill, the ranks of the players you face, and how well you do against them.

> 2533275010968401;5:
> > 2533274867546478;3:
> > Then why the heck am I getting put in platinum. I used to be a really good halo player (aka top two almost every game) but I’m just terrible at this one. My KD shows for it. It’s not like I’m getting that rank for winning either because I lose double the matches I win most times.
>
>
> k.d isnt a huge factor in qualifying (judging by my KDA) i am consistent though and play objective hard
>
> winning against higher ranked players is the ONLY way to rank up or qualify higher
>
> i average platinum and gold and usually work my way up from gold to platinum
>
> diamond in FFA since i perform in the top 3 consistently
>
> screwed up in SWAT because of Orion spawn locking the week of launch
>
> was hoping to hit onyx but got put in platinum due to losing almost every match on orion

Same here (minus the FFA since I prefer not to get slaughtered every time I turn around. I had enough of that in Destiny). I managed to work my way up to Diamond in Swat but now I’m stuck because my spartan company isn’t very active and I keep getting people who have no clue what they are doing in swat and die continuously.

I say and continue to say that the ranking system has got to be one of the worst ever. A single individual should not have to depend on other randoms to get to rank up. I fully understand that win/loss should matter to a certain degree. But not to the amount it currently does. After all if we are properly matched most peoples win/loss ratio should be near 1 plus or minus a tenth. It is my opinion that rank should consist of K/D + W/L + XP +Gun accuracy + Average Grenade kills per game. If properly matched, the W/L and K/D would level out over time and XP would eventually hit max level. However gun Accuracy and average grenade kills will still separate the good from the bad.