Ranks, A hopeful Tweet?

Could this possibly mean a ingame legit skill ranking system? Joshua Menke, a multiplayer designer, speaks very briefly about his philosophy for ranking systems.

1-50 isn’t really about details… so I’m sceptical.

yay! i hope halo 5 has a good in game ranking system. I miss it so bad!

I would love a win/loss ranking system… very, very much.

I’m not getting excited for anything until I see proof for myself. I got too excited for H4 only to be let down. I’m waiting this one out.

> I’m not getting excited for anything until I see proof for myself. I got too excited for H4 only to be let down. I’m waiting this one out.

Wise. Gameplay is more important than some ranking system anyhow. For those that want to dispute my point, I’ll ask you this “Would Halo 4 be any more playable with a ‘really good’ ranking system?”

It’s brief, could mean anything, but sounds like he’s taking the community’s voice. Which might mean that all the other things that the fanbase wants. See guys, have a little faith in ol’ 343!

But.
Nothing’s confirmed.
However.
T-minus two weeks until our prayers are answered. E3 2104!!! :smiley:

> It’s brief, could mean anything, but sounds like he’s taking the community’s voice. Which might mean that all the other things that the fanbase wants. See guys, have a little faith in ol’ 343!
>
> But.
> Nothing’s confirmed.
> However.
> T-minus two weeks until our prayers are answered. E3 2104!!! :smiley:

I think they said they’ll talk more about Halo 5: Guardians at the end of the year or early next year.

> > I’m not getting excited for anything until I see proof for myself. I got too excited for H4 only to be let down. I’m waiting this one out.
>
> Wise. Gameplay is more important than some ranking system anyhow. For those that want to dispute my point, I’ll ask you this “Would Halo 4 be any more playable with a ‘really good’ ranking system?”

Of course not, the gameplay must be solid 1st. The tweet is vague, but it’s still good to hear that they may be paying attention.

> > It’s brief, could mean anything, but sounds like he’s taking the community’s voice. Which might mean that all the other things that the fanbase wants. See guys, have a little faith in ol’ 343!
> >
> > But.
> > Nothing’s confirmed.
> > However.
> > T-minus two weeks until our prayers are answered. E3 2104!!! :smiley:
>
> I think they said they’ll talk more about Halo 5: Guardians at the end of the year or early next year.

They did say that, but I believe that they were referring to upcoming news after E3. It’d pretty odd for them to not show off their next major title at the most major event after they’ve revealed it not too long ago.

That being said, we can assume that 343i won’t be at any other major events after E3. Let’s not get our hopes up for things like VGX.

> > I’m not getting excited for anything until I see proof for myself. I got too excited for H4 only to be let down. I’m waiting this one out.
>
> Wise. Gameplay is more important than some ranking system anyhow. For those that want to dispute my point, I’ll ask you this “Would Halo 4 be any more playable with a ‘really good’ ranking system?”

It would be slightly more playable but still, gameplay mechanics come first over anything. I do believe that a solid ranking system is the next most important thing.

> > > It’s brief, could mean anything, but sounds like he’s taking the community’s voice. Which might mean that all the other things that the fanbase wants. See guys, have a little faith in ol’ 343!
> > >
> > > But.
> > > Nothing’s confirmed.
> > > However.
> > > T-minus two weeks until our prayers are answered. E3 2104!!! :smiley:
> >
> > I think they said they’ll talk more about Halo 5: Guardians at the end of the year or early next year.
>
> They did say that, but I believe that they were referring to upcoming news after E3. It’d pretty odd for them to not show off their next major title at the most major event after they’ve revealed it not too long ago.
>
> That being said, we can assume that 343i won’t be at any other major events after E3. Let’s not get our hopes up for things like VGX.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile:

I do wander what they’ll actually show.

> > > > It’s brief, could mean anything, but sounds like he’s taking the community’s voice. Which might mean that all the other things that the fanbase wants. See guys, have a little faith in ol’ 343!
> > > >
> > > > But.
> > > > Nothing’s confirmed.
> > > > However.
> > > > T-minus two weeks until our prayers are answered. E3 2104!!! :smiley:
> > >
> > > I think they said they’ll talk more about Halo 5: Guardians at the end of the year or early next year.
> >
> > They did say that, but I believe that they were referring to upcoming news after E3. It’d pretty odd for them to not show off their next major title at the most major event after they’ve revealed it not too long ago.
> >
> > That being said, we can assume that 343i won’t be at any other major events after E3. Let’s not get our hopes up for things like VGX.
>
> Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile:
>
> I do wander what they’ll actually show.

I’m expecting them to reveal what they’ve got in store for 2014, and then another teaser for Halo 5 and some significant details about the game. I doubt we’ll see any gameplay this year, however.

If we’re really lucky, we might even see a teaser for the TV Series.

> 1-50 isn’t really about details… so I’m sceptical.

1-50 isn’t the only good ranking system out there, what Josh has done in the past at Blizzard is a solid example.

Saying that, he’s always talking about ranking systems on his Twitter, ever since he joined 343 Industries. If anyone is in doubt that future games won’t have a competitive ranking system, just ask yourself - why would 343 Industries hire a guy with his qualifications without any intention of adding a ranking system?

Better yet, I doubt he would join 343 if he wasn’t going to be making a decent ranking system that players would appreciate.

Mmmm, hopefully this means something good.

“Details” could just refer to the amount of convoluted information that people need to sift through on Waypoint.

A good ranking system doesn’t need to be complex or detailed to be good. All it needs is consistency, and visibility.

Example:
A win adds a certain amount of points (X) toward a rank increase.
A loss subtracts a certain amount of points (Y), resulting in rank decrease.

> > > > > It’s brief, could mean anything, but sounds like he’s taking the community’s voice. Which might mean that all the other things that the fanbase wants. See guys, have a little faith in ol’ 343!
> > > > >
> > > > > But.
> > > > > Nothing’s confirmed.
> > > > > However.
> > > > > T-minus two weeks until our prayers are answered. E3 2104!!! :smiley:
> > > >
> > > > I think they said they’ll talk more about Halo 5: Guardians at the end of the year or early next year.
> > >
> > > They did say that, but I believe that they were referring to upcoming news after E3. It’d pretty odd for them to not show off their next major title at the most major event after they’ve revealed it not too long ago.
> > >
> > > That being said, we can assume that 343i won’t be at any other major events after E3. Let’s not get our hopes up for things like VGX.
> >
> > Ok, thanks for clearing that up. :slight_smile:
> >
> > I do wander what they’ll actually show.
>
> I’m expecting them to reveal what they’ve got in store for 2014, and then another teaser for Halo 5 and some significant details about the game. I doubt we’ll see any gameplay this year, however.
>
> If we’re really lucky, we might even see a teaser for the TV Series.

What you listed would make for a great E3.

I don’t think we’ll be see any of the TV Series, but we might see Ridley Scotts web Series.