"Ranking Up" in forums?

Ok, this may sound terribly stupid, but how in the world do you rank up in the Halo forums? I am a Recruit - Iron “rank”, but I have seen other “ranks” such as Recruit - Silver, Marine Onyx, and even Master of Unicorns! Do you have to post a certain amount of times? Do you have to be thanked a certain amount of times? Is it a combination of the two? Is it neither? Someone please explain.

Just keep posting. You’ll rank up. Like me(wink).

Unfortunately you will never get to be a Master of Unicorns.

More information.

There is a big thread about this but i can’t find it so to answer your question no it only relies on number of posts.

For the recruit stage its like 100 posts per rank, then marine which is like 250-500 posts per rank i believe, then goes to ODST with is like 500-1000 posts per rank, then finally goes to Spartan, whhich is the highest with 1000+ per rank.

And what i mean per rank is:

-Recruit:Iron
-Recruit:Bronze
-Recruit:Silver
-Recruit:Gold
-Recruit:Onyx

-Marine:Iron
And so forth with each level.

Master of Unicorns is a name to users who are glitched and it is permanent right now…

Other ranks like Superintendent or Monitor are privileged ranks and any personal or 343-I are administrator ranks.

Also once you get to Spartan, you can have a form signature!

Good luck!

Thanks for all the information! That was very helpful! :slight_smile:

Recruit! If you want to be a Spartan! You must have determination! You must invest yourself! So make yourself right at home, and keep training on those posts! Constructive, friendly, and positive. So get to it recruit!

[:)]
-Spartan Erick

Wow, that’s alot of posts to rank up. Time to start posting, I’m gonna set a goal of 501 posts for the time being, we’ll see how that goes…

Master of Unicorns isn’t a glitch. Look at me.

I’m a Master because I was here since before this Forum, on the old Waypoint forums.

> Master of Unicorns isn’t a glitch. Look at me.
>
> I’m a Master because I was here since before this Forum, on the old Waypoint forums.

I know but i didn’t feel like explaining why it exists.

Master of Unicorns is the best =)

What is master of the unicorns anyway?

> What is master of the unicorns anyway?

> Master of Unicorns: This rank is an error on the backend when Waypoint introduced the ranking system, it will be fixed in the future.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com//yaf_postst44979_HALO-WAYPOINT-FORUM-RANKINGS---23-07-12.aspx