Ranking System?

Just wondering what type of ranking system people are hoping for? Return of Halo 3 or Reaches ranking system? A completely new system or possibly the return of the dreadful SR1, SR2, SR3 ranking we’ve seen in Halo 4, 5 and Wars?

Id like to see H3s return. High skill linked to exp was awesome. Along with military ranks.

I honestly would like to see Reach’s ranking system. It combined militaristic ranks with ranks that were exciting. Such as, reclaimer , forrunner, etc. I also think the idea of ranking based off of credits was great. Those credits were your currency and that made ranking up feel more rewarding. Not to mention the cool armor you unlocked.

> 2533274826044245;2:
> Id like to see H3s return. High skill linked to exp was awesome. Along with military ranks.

This or something completely new. I see the Halo Reach, halo 4, and halo 5 systems to be acceptable but none of the, really tell me anything. Besides 152 …beacuase 50mil exp makes grinding look easy and 20 mil for inheritor but people afk matches to get that.

I think I would prefer Halo 3 style of ranking system though I would be fine with less grindy version of Halo Reach ranking too.

Its just so much better when ranks have meaning to them.

I don’t mind the SR ranks, as they lean more towards the Spartan IVs assuming in Halo: Infinite we’re stilling playing Spartan IVs. If we get the Halo 3-Reach ranking system too, that great but my main concern is can we unlock new armors/things like Reach had it. As on as a “Recruit” we had default everything, maybe 1 or 2 things unlocked by default, then as we progressed the ranks we unlocked new armors and had to pay credits for them (in-game currency) I want that idea back. I dont mind microtransactions although use them for extra armor skins, weapon skins, if Warzone is still a thing use it for weapons and vehicles in there, just don’t make us ‘gamble’ with armor. But thats just me.

I definitely would like to see the EXP based Halo 2 and 3 skill ranking system to be back. That’s just the whole glory of Halo, in my opinion. Everybody loves finishing a ranked match and saying “Yes! I got my 45!” Or “Yes, finally got my 50!” That’s what gets people coming back and returning to Halo.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Halo Reach’s cR ranking system come back.

I appreciate the Halo 3 ranking system, which they kinda used in Halo 5. I just don’t like how I had to start over every month and play the 10 games. The SR rank really only shows how much time someone has spent in Halo 5. The individual game rankings show the skills in each game type. Just make them more understandable. The military ranks were pretty self-explanatory

In my opinion a mix of reach and H3 kind of what it is H5 now (note I say Kind of and you’ll read why). The system should show both, a longevity rank (reach alike) maybe with halo related names or military, that only expresses in essence, how much XP’s the player has been awarded. On the other hand, it should also show a number (H3 alike) to display the player skill. This number (if they do a numeric system) changes according to the performance of the player.

I would like to point out that I hated that H5 skill ranking system is based on a win-lose basis. A skill ranking system should also contemplate personal skills like accuracy, damage dealt, and so on and so forth. Maybe 80% win-lose basis (supports the idea of being a good team player) 20% individual skills ( will make you want to be better individually).

Halo reach and Halo 5’s cR thing is similar, the only difference is with halo 5 you have no idea what you are getting which is really annoying (still waiting on that Mark IV 343).

Also with the rank system I prefer halo 3 and reach’s military ranks. Numbers a lame.

Besides not having a true rank system for GMs Halo 4 felt like a hybrid between reach and H3.

I prefer the H3 ranking system over the rest, but if they came up with a new one just as good I don’t mind.

I preferred reach over the other ranking systems so I would like to see it return

> 2533274833638123;11:
> Halo reach and Halo 5’s cR thing is similar, the only difference is with halo 5 you have no idea what you are getting which is really annoying (still waiting on that Mark IV 343).
>
> Also with the rank system I prefer halo 3 and reach’s military ranks. Numbers a lame.

Not really the only difference.

Couple of examples could be that credits were the same as exp, you couldnt buy credits with real money, there were no boosts but there were challenges (boosts could be indirectly bought with real money, challenges were same for everybody) and so on.

So i would turn it in a way that one of the biggest similarities is that both have a type of currency.

> 2533274826044245;2:
> Id like to see H3s return. High skill linked to exp was awesome. Along with military ranks.

This!

> 2533274817390757;9:
> I appreciate the Halo 3 ranking system, which they kinda used in Halo 5. I just don’t like how I had to start over every month and play the 10 games. The SR rank really only shows how much time someone has spent in Halo 5. The individual game rankings show the skills in each game type. Just make them more understandable. The military ranks were pretty self-explanatory

I agree. Rank resets just aren’t fun. I understand what companies are trying to do but ya…maybe if they were longer it wouldn’t be as bad, I don’t know.

I completely agree with people when it comes to Halo 3 system. It was always very clear. You knew what a Staff Captain, Brigadier General, 5 Star General etc. Meant. We need that kind of system back.

> 2533274801262963;10:
> In my opinion a mix of reach and H3 kind of what it is H5 now (note I say Kind of and you’ll read why). The system should show both, a longevity rank (reach alike) maybe with halo related names or military, that only expresses in essence, how much XP’s the player has been awarded. On the other hand, it should also show a number (H3 alike) to display the player skill. This number (if they do a numeric system) changes according to the performance of the player.
>
> I would like to point out that I hated that H5 skill ranking system is based on a win-lose basis. A skill ranking system should also contemplate personal skills like accuracy, damage dealt, and so on and so forth. Maybe 80% win-lose basis (supports the idea of being a good team player) 20% individual skills ( will make you want to be better individually).

A few things,

I will personally never understand why people want to be ranked individually in a TEAM BASED playlist. You win or lose as a team. To me, team playlists are like sports and it should have the same type of system. If I get 5 points in hockey but my team looses, then I don’t really care that I did. Sure it’s cool to be recognized, but I shouldn’t “rank up” because I did well. Instead, things like MVP of the match should be brought back and there should be things like “most headshots, most assists, most kills, highest damage dealt” recognition after a match too. Then the player gets a certain medal for those categories if they get any. Then if the pre game lobby is actually good and not like Halo 5 garbage pregame lobby (so more like Halo 3/Reach) when you select a player in a lobby you’ll see things like number of medals for things like most headshots in a match, how many MVPs the player has gotten, etc.

If there must be individual ranks, then to me the answer is you should have two different ranks. One based based off win/losses only (your playlist rank) and a other individual rank based on your play. One based on your overall stats maybe. So they both can go up and down. So using Halo 5 system for example, maybe my team rank in team slayer is a diamond 5 but my individual rank in team slayer in onyx 1680.

Also, Halo 5 system isn’t based purely on win/losses. It’s based on wins/losses, KPM, DPM and how many people are in your party. If you want more information on how the ranking system works, go to the matchmaking forms for more information.

> 2533274815533909;16:
> > 2533274826044245;2:
> > Id like to see H3s return. High skill linked to exp was awesome. Along with military ranks.
>
> This!
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274817390757;9:
> > I appreciate the Halo 3 ranking system, which they kinda used in Halo 5. I just don’t like how I had to start over every month and play the 10 games. The SR rank really only shows how much time someone has spent in Halo 5. The individual game rankings show the skills in each game type. Just make them more understandable. The military ranks were pretty self-explanatory
>
> I agree. Rank resets just aren’t fun. I understand what companies are trying to do but ya…maybe if they were longer it wouldn’t be as bad, I don’t know.
>
> I completely agree with people when it comes to Halo 3 system. It was always very clear. You knew what a Staff Captain, Brigadier General, 5 Star General etc. Meant. We need that kind of system back.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274801262963;10:
> > In my opinion a mix of reach and H3 kind of what it is H5 now (note I say Kind of and you’ll read why). The system should show both, a longevity rank (reach alike) maybe with halo related names or military, that only expresses in essence, how much XP’s the player has been awarded. On the other hand, it should also show a number (H3 alike) to display the player skill. This number (if they do a numeric system) changes according to the performance of the player.
> >
> > I would like to point out that I hated that H5 skill ranking system is based on a win-lose basis. A skill ranking system should also contemplate personal skills like accuracy, damage dealt, and so on and so forth. Maybe 80% win-lose basis (supports the idea of being a good team player) 20% individual skills ( will make you want to be better individually).
>
> A few things,
>
> I will personally never understand why people want to be ranked individually in a TEAM BASED playlist. You win or lose as a team. To me, team playlists are like sports and it should have the same type of system. If I get 5 points in hockey but my team looses, then I don’t really care that I did. Sure it’s cool to be recognized, but I shouldn’t “rank up” because I did well. Instead, things like MVP of the match should be brought back and there should be things like “most headshots, most assists, most kills, highest damage dealt” recognition after a match too. Then the player gets a certain medal for those categories if they get any. Then if the pre game lobby is actually good and not like Halo 5 garbage pregame lobby (so more like Halo 3/Reach) when you select a player in a lobby you’ll see things like number of medals for things like most headshots in a match, how many MVPs the player has gotten, etc.
>
> If there must be individual ranks, then to me the answer is you should have two different ranks. One based based off win/losses only (your playlist rank) and a other individual rank based on your play. One based on your overall stats maybe. So they both can go up and down. So using Halo 5 system for example, maybe my team rank in team slayer is a diamond 5 but my individual rank in team slayer in onyx 1680.
>
> Also, Halo 5 system isn’t based purely on win/losses. It’s based on wins/losses, KPM, DPM and how many people are in your party. If you want more information on how the ranking system works, go to the matchmaking forms for more information.

It is called SKILL rank for a reason. The skill of a player involves his own individual skills and his capacity to play in a team. A proper skill ranking system should contemplate all, that’s why I proposed a weighted system where team playing skills weight more than individual skills (80%-20%).
Using your hockey example, the skill system in the Halo game is the player price in the sport industry (roughly with some exceptions), sometimes a player is on a bad team but he is a really really good player of the sport, therefore his price stays the same over the season or increases if he does good, because, despite the fact that he lost the tournament, his performance was very good. Get it?

Just bring back the Reach ranking system but mixed with Halo 4 and 3.

I have always loved reaches system becuses you knew when a player was good just by seeing their rank. It also just felt awesome being ranks like hero, legend, inheritor etc. Never liked how the ranks just became a number in halos 4-5 so I hope to go back to a system similar.

Halo 3 system for me if i am picking an old version to use… I would prefer a new take on the halo 3 system though.

Something that gave you an idea what the player was good with etc

Level 45 Brigadier
KD 2.2
Preferred Weapon: Magnum
Title: (something you need to do in game to earn like 10 headshots in a multiplayer game “Headtrocity”)

etc etc