Ranking system

Halo 5 is somewhat fun sometimes for a very brief period of time. In Arena whats the point of getting to be diamond or onyx if your still randomly matched with unranks and lower ranked players. Diamonds should play diamonds. Bronze with bronze. Is it really that hard?

The ranking system need tweaking. The other thing is sometime people are in party. I am diamond my friend is silver if I party we will be match against diamond while having a silver as teammate.
They say they have done some tweaking to take into consideration more of your personal skill level in the next update coming this week so maybe we will see less “noob” in higher tier rank

> 2533274872647908;2:
> The ranking system need tweaking. The other thing is sometime people are in party. I am diamond my friend is silver if I party we will be match against diamond while having a silver as teammate.
> They say they have done some tweaking to take into consideration more of your personal skill level in the next update coming this week so maybe we will see less “noob” in higher tier rank

That is music to my ears

The reason I think you get put up against people who are still unranked is because the people who aren’t ranked yet are on their way to being ranked into the diamond or onyx, and the game is trying to see how they would actually hold up against other diamond and onyx players. The game did that to me when I was unranked and the first game put me with silver and gold players, the normal players. After that game it put me in a game full of onyx players. When I didn’t hold up with people in the onyx ranks, they put me into a game with platinum and gold players. After being at the top of the leader board that game with the most kills and least deaths, it put me into a game of diamonds and I had an even kill death count and the game was pretty balanced through the game. So it kept bouncing me in and out of matches with diamond and onyx ranks until I qualified for the diamond rank. So even with unranked players being mixed in, they’ll probably still play similarly to the other players in terms of skill and hold up at least decently, and if not, they’ll be put lower or higher depending on how good or bad they did that game.

The ranking system is always going to be a work in progress. as new players join the some players leave. They were saying that on average players were getting placed too high, especially in FFA and Swat where it was so easy to get Onyx. I went from Diamond 6 to Onyx in FFA after a game where i came in 6th! how does that happen??
Anyway, its better to start people a little too low and let them work their way up the ranks then to start them too high and have them continuously get wrecked for the entire season.

> 2533274925727172;4:
> The reason I think you get put up against people who are still unranked is because the people who aren’t ranked yet are on their way to being ranked into the diamond or onyx, and the game is trying to see how they would actually hold up against other diamond and onyx players. The game did that to me when I was unranked and the first game put me with silver and gold players, the normal players. After that game it put me in a game full of onyx players. When I didn’t hold up with people in the onyx ranks, they put me into a game with platinum and gold players. After being at the top of the leader board that game with the most kills and least deaths, it put me into a game of diamonds and I had an even kill death count and the game was pretty balanced through the game. So it kept bouncing me in and out of matches with diamond and onyx ranks until I qualified for the diamond rank. So even with unranked players being mixed in, they’ll probably still play similarly to the other players in terms of skill and hold up at least decently, and if not, they’ll be put lower or higher depending on how good or bad they did that game.

I find myself playing with/against unrank players a lot. I had a match last night where one guy was a platinum and the rest were unranked…that shouldnt really happen. I have been on the other side of that a lot too, and it’s just crazy. Playing a fully ranked team with 3 unranked on your side is a loss…period.

Yeah the thing about the ranking system is someone can have a good day and beat crappy diamond or plat players and then gets put in diamond or onyx and cripples his team every match

> 2533274798578400;5:
> The ranking system is always going to be a work in progress. as new players join the some players leave. They were saying that on average players were getting placed too high, especially in FFA and Swat where it was so easy to get Onyx. I went from Diamond 6 to Onyx in FFA after a game where i came in 6th! how does that happen??
> Anyway, its better to start people a little too low and let them work their way up the ranks then to start them too high and have them continuously get wrecked for the entire season.

Yeah i think it needs to start everyone bronze and let them work there way up. As well as fix the way you move up in ranking

It is hard when the population is this low.

> 2533274872647908;2:
> They say they have done some tweaking to take into consideration more of your personal skill level in the next update coming this week so maybe we will see less “noob” in higher tier rank

Anyone know if ranks get reset with the update or simply adjusted to reflect any new tweaks? I’ve heard players say both so is there a definitive answer on which it is?

So if I’m at Champion in SWAT do I go back down to qualifying for my rank all over again?

And right here is the difference between having the placement matches as oppose to just moving up from bronze to onyx one by one (similar to the 1-50)

The placement matches need to find where you need to go but that also could cause a loss for the team your put on if you dont hold up. I really wish everyone just starts off in bronze and they work there way up. This way people arent placed to high, or to low. And you dont have unranked players messing up the higher ranked games.

I remember games in the 40’s in halo 3. They were intense

> 2533274829723893;11:
> And right here is the difference between having the placement matches as oppose to just moving up from bronze to onyx one by one (similar to the 1-50)
>
> The placement matches need to find where you need to go but that also could cause a loss for the team your put on if you dont hold up. I really wish everyone just starts off in bronze and they work there way up. This way people arent placed to high, or to low. And you dont have unranked players messing up the higher ranked games.
>
> I remember games in the 40’s in halo 3. They were intense

Halo 3 ranking system was so good

> 2535444514514634;12:
> > 2533274829723893;11:
> > And right here is the difference between having the placement matches as oppose to just moving up from bronze to onyx one by one (similar to the 1-50)
> >
> > The placement matches need to find where you need to go but that also could cause a loss for the team your put on if you dont hold up. I really wish everyone just starts off in bronze and they work there way up. This way people arent placed to high, or to low. And you dont have unranked players messing up the higher ranked games.
> >
> > I remember games in the 40’s in halo 3. They were intense
>
>
> Halo 3 ranking system was so good

I agree and they could do something similar here. Diamond, Onyx, crap even platinum matches should be intense, and pitting the best players against each other. Not have people complete placement matches.