Ranking System

Dont know about all of you but does anyone else think that the ranking system could.be better in terms of getting Gold, Silver, Platinum etc.

I know that the system works off if you win the match played or lose. I think it could be improved.

I think that it should go off the kills and deaths you get in a game so then if you keep losing matches due to bad teamwork or a bad team, your overall rank wont be affected as much as it should.

Does anyone agree with me on this?? Tell me what you think!!!

If you get great scores every game you’ll still climb faster then you will drop and win more then you lose…
score isn’t everything…

> 2533274840825497;2:
> If you get great scores every game you’ll still climb faster then you will drop and win more then you lose…
> score isn’t everything…

You’re not taking into account how many times in a row you might lose due to poor team mates.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

100 percent agree, but it will never happen. I lose rank everytime I play with randoms. I just dont have the patience to wait for a whole team to come online . For legacy players KDR is everything…but 343 doesn’t want that anymore. They want “community” and “teamwork” to be the focus. They hope good players will be less “mean” to sucky players and tried to encourage them then play together to win. I will go positive and still lose rank, it sucks. All the scrubs are complaining for a social playlist that doesnt display how bad they are.

It will never happen due to the fact that everyone will complain about it.

> 2535409821455278;1:
> Dont know about all of you but does anyone else think that the ranking system could.be better in terms of getting Gold, Silver, Platinum etc.
>
> I know that the system works off if you win the match played or lose. I think it could be improved.
>
> I think that it should go off the kills and deaths you get in a game so then if you keep losing matches due to bad teamwork or a bad team, your overall rank wont be affected as much as it should.
>
> Does anyone agree with me on this?? Tell me what you think!!!

So what about game modes like capture the flag that are in the same playlist as slayer (Team Arena). If your going solely based on kills then people wouldnt be as inclined to play the actual gametype and instead would camp for kills. Personally it sucks loses because someone on your team goes -10+ however; its a team based game so having your rank affected by only wins and losses is the most fair way to go. If your a good player and are consistently at the top of your team in kda, then you are still going to move up in ranks.

Look at it this way, if you are a really good player that means every single game you play at least 25% (or 1 out of 4) people on your team is guaranteed to be good. Sure you will have bad players on your team occasionally and it is frustrating to have the happen, but it is far more likely that your opponents will have that bad player on their team since they have 4 potential slots for bad players as opposed to your teams 3.

> 2533274829556578;4:
> 100 percent agree, but it will never happen. I lose rank everytime I play with randoms. I just dont have the patience to wait for a whole team to come online . For legacy players KDR is everything…but 343 doesn’t want that anymore. They want “community” and “teamwork” to be the focus. They hope good players will be less “mean” to sucky players and tried to encourage them then play together to win. I will go positive and still lose rank, it sucks. All the scrubs are complaining for a social playlist that doesnt display how bad they are.

Then don’t play with random people, Simple.

> 2533274794390147;3:
> > 2533274840825497;2:
> > If you get great scores every game you’ll still climb faster then you will drop and win more then you lose…
> > score isn’t everything…
>
>
> You’re not taking into account how many times in a row you might lose due to poor team mates.

Once again, don’t play with random people.

I like the ranking based on Wins and loses. It makes sense in TEAM playlists. I compare Halo 5 team playlists like sports. If I score 5 goals, but my team wins, should I be rewarded? heck no!! We lost the game. I do think MVP should be brought back and there should be one for both teams. I also think there should be a stat that shows how many times you’ve been MVP. There also should be a weekly and monthly MVP IMO.

If you want to REALLY be competitive, then maybe you should find people of your skill level and that play a lot and make a group, clan, company whatever you want to call it.

If they are going -10 every game they will drop fast and eventually won’t be in the same rank as you the more time goes past the more people will be at the rank they belong

> 2533274801911350;6:
> > 2535409821455278;1:
> > Dont know about all of you but does anyone else think that the ranking system could.be better in terms of getting Gold, Silver, Platinum etc.
> >
> > I know that the system works off if you win the match played or lose. I think it could be improved.
> >
> > I think that it should go off the kills and deaths you get in a game so then if you keep losing matches due to bad teamwork or a bad team, your overall rank wont be affected as much as it should.
> >
> > Does anyone agree with me on this?? Tell me what you think!!!
>
>
> So what about game modes like capture the flag that are in the same playlist as slayer (Team Arena). If your going solely based on kills then people wouldnt be as inclined to play the actual gametype and instead would camp for kills. Personally it sucks loses because someone on your team goes -10+ however; its a team based game so having your rank affected by only wins and losses is the most fair way to go. If your a good player and are consistently at the top of your team in kda, then you are still going to move up in ranks.
>
> Look at it this way, if you are a really good player that means every single game you play at least 25% (or 1 out of 4) people on your team is guaranteed to be good. Sure you will have bad players on your team occasionally and it is frustrating to have the happen, but it is far more likely that your opponents will have that bad player on their team since they have 4 potential slots for bad players as opposed to your teams 3.

I didnt mean to base it it off kills and deaths o ly i mean balance it between wins and losses and kills and deaths to give you a chance of getting in a higher division. It means that it you are with randoms tbat dont work as a team then your division has a better chance at staying safe. And then when people play bad and do no teamwork and keep going down it will make them think about actually working as a team

The rank system sucks… Bring back highest skill

> 2535409821455278;9:
> > 2533274801911350;6:
> > > 2535409821455278;1:
> > > Dont know about all of you but does anyone else think that the ranking system could.be better in terms of getting Gold, Silver, Platinum etc.
> > >
> > > I know that the system works off if you win the match played or lose. I think it could be improved.
> > >
> > > I think that it should go off the kills and deaths you get in a game so then if you keep losing matches due to bad teamwork or a bad team, your overall rank wont be affected as much as it should.
> > >
> > > Does anyone agree with me on this?? Tell me what you think!!!
> >
> >
> > So what about game modes like capture the flag that are in the same playlist as slayer (Team Arena). If your going solely based on kills then people wouldnt be as inclined to play the actual gametype and instead would camp for kills. Personally it sucks loses because someone on your team goes -10+ however; its a team based game so having your rank affected by only wins and losses is the most fair way to go. If your a good player and are consistently at the top of your team in kda, then you are still going to move up in ranks.
> >
> > Look at it this way, if you are a really good player that means every single game you play at least 25% (or 1 out of 4) people on your team is guaranteed to be good. Sure you will have bad players on your team occasionally and it is frustrating to have the happen, but it is far more likely that your opponents will have that bad player on their team since they have 4 potential slots for bad players as opposed to your teams 3.
>
>
> I didnt mean to base it it off kills and deaths o ly i mean balance it between wins and losses and kills and deaths to give you a chance of getting in a higher division. It means that it you are with randoms tbat dont work as a team then your division has a better chance at staying safe. And then when people play bad and do no teamwork and keep going down it will make them think about actually working as a team

The competitive side of Halo 5, specifically Arena, is balanced with team play in mind. To get to the highest ranks you are expected to find and run with a team. Basing the ranking system around personal performance would require a rework of not only the CSR system but also the mechanics of the game itself. Halo has always been a team game, it’s just heavily pushed in this game.

I disagree. If your a “good” halo player you’ll figure out how to win. So if your losing due to teammAtes then you need to figure out how to win. This is with any game team based