Ranking system & quitters

Is it me, or has there been some huge influx of quitters, of late?

I would say some evenings, at least 50% of the games I play and sometimes more, have one or two people quit.

A lot of the time we bounce back and lose by less than ten, regularly losing by only a couple or one point!! A times we still win.

I would care still, but I would certainly care less if it didn’t effect personal rank scores. Of course by ‘rank’ I mean gold/platinum/diamond etc, not those pointless XP points.

The point I’m getting to hear is, I think you should get points based on your performance in the game and additional points for a team win. I don’t think that all rank points should be based solely on a team win/lose basis.

Tired off playing alongside only a couple of other players, for the majority of a game when someone’s has dropped out, just because they’ve had a bad start and have thrown a hissy fit!

Sort it out 343, please!

That’s the downside of team playlists, it is based purely off of win/loss and what level you play against

I wish I would have screen-shot the time that I was on the team of 3 going against 4, and we lost by a close margin… I didn’t rank up, however I had the green arrows going up as if my CSR still rose after that game. So maybe 343 has made some changes to take this into account?

I know. But it shouldn’t, I don’t think.

Do you not think a personal rank score and a team rank score combo would be a better idea?

At least you have an incentive to keep battling alone

That banhammer sure has really fixed the quitting.

:smirk:

So that clearly hasn’t worked.

A joint scoring system would be the best fix, no?

> 2533274797328974;3:
> I wish I would have screen-shot the time that I was on the team of 3 going against 4, and we lost by a close margin… I didn’t rank up, however I had the green arrows going up as if my CSR still rose after that game. So maybe 343 has made some changes to take this into account?

Really? I’ve never had that. At least I’ve not observed it.

I just won a game moments ago, where a player dropped out on the opposing team. We won by 2. That’s BS man! I don’t like to lose, but the chances are we would have, had that player stayed in the game. If for no other reason that to serve as a distraction!

> 2535436320910418;8:
> > 2533274797328974;3:
> > I wish I would have screen-shot the time that I was on the team of 3 going against 4, and we lost by a close margin… I didn’t rank up, however I had the green arrows going up as if my CSR still rose after that game. So maybe 343 has made some changes to take this into account?
>
>
> Really? I’ve never had that. At least I’ve not observed it.
>
> I just won a game moments ago, where a player dropped out on the opposing team. We won by 2. That’s BS man! I don’t like to lose, but the chances are we would have, had that player stayed in the game. If for no other reason that to serve as a distraction!

I’ve had it happen at least twice that I’ve noticed.

> 2533274797328974;9:
> > 2535436320910418;8:
> > > 2533274797328974;3:
> > > I wish I would have screen-shot the time that I was on the team of 3 going against 4, and we lost by a close margin… I didn’t rank up, however I had the green arrows going up as if my CSR still rose after that game. So maybe 343 has made some changes to take this into account?
> >
> >
> > Really? I’ve never had that. At least I’ve not observed it.
> >
> > I just won a game moments ago, where a player dropped out on the opposing team. We won by 2. That’s BS man! I don’t like to lose, but the chances are we would have, had that player stayed in the game. If for no other reason that to serve as a distraction!
>
>
> I’ve had it happen at least twice that I’ve noticed.

This is known problem since the update came out that allowed post game stats. The green arrows go up, but your CSR still goes down.

Could be an influx of new players since the ‘try it before you buy it’ program, or maybe blocked players were reset recently? I feel (whether confirmation bias or not) that I’ve seen a lot more quitters lately as well.

4v4 is great, and is a definitive ‘halo’ experience, and joining mid match in 4v4 settings is totally unfair for the newcomer. It just really, REALLY sucks playing 3v4.

As someone who plays mostly arena I’ve tried to come up with a solution thats fair to everyone and all I can come up with is rejoining for accidental disconnects.

Try to remember, not all the people that quit are doing it on purpose. I know a lot of people still get disconnected for some unknown reason. I hate quitting games (so I don’t) and it bothers me if I ever get disconnected, but it’s not like I can do something about that.

I wish competitive Arena allowed players to join match in progress. You have no idea how many games I’ve had where people bail out all the time.

Unfortunately quitting is still a thing. Haven’t seen an increase, just the usual.

> 2533274954997146;13:
> Try to remember, not all the people that quit are doing it on purpose. I know a lot of people still get disconnected for some unknown reason. I hate quitting games (so I don’t) and it bothers me if I ever get disconnected, but it’s not like I can do something about that.

I don’t buy it!

There’s far too many conveniently timed disconnections! Very handy for people to suddenly lose internet connection, while losing the match, with little signs of managing to regain the lead/win.

I’m going to throw it out there again - Arena should have a personal ranking system and additional points for team win!

Ill climb to 6th in any given metalogical grade and then get suddenly dragged back down to 3 or 4 in that same rank, when I’m hit with a back to back streak of quitters!

It’s total garbage and destroys the fun of the game!

Personal points systems are the fix!