Ranking system question

I recently got back into halo, and I’m trying to grind some arena slayer solo. I was originally placed in platinum 2 in the arena slayer playlist and have been improving rapidly as I learn the game better. With that improvement, one would expect to start getting games with better players right?

The problem is that while I’ve begun to match Diamond (and the occasional onyx) players on a consistent basis, my teammates have not increased in skill (rank wise). The majority of my games will have myself and three other mid level platinum rank players vs 2-3 diamond level and one platinum level player. I can hang with these guys in games, but I i’m not good enough to carry 3 people that can’t compete against diamond players.

So I ask, can anyone shed some light on why the teams are so consistently unbalanced against me, or am I just not understanding something about the ranking system?

Nope that’s just the bogus ranking system. Nobody likes it. But I have a feeling its here to stay

> 2533275008405049;2:
> Nope that’s just the bogus ranking system. Nobody likes it. But I have a feeling its here to stay

So i’m doomed to have to carry lesser skilled players unless I find a team? I mean, I love the win based ranking system, but that’s an even bigger knock against solo players then what I’ve heard in the past.

> 2533275008405049;2:
> Nope that’s just the bogus ranking system. Nobody likes it. But I have a feeling its here to stay

Can we please differentiate between the actual ranking system and the matchmaking system?

The ranking system only ranks you, it has zero/nada/zilch/ingen/none whatsoever saying in what rank players you play with and against are.