Ranking System is wack

343 please explain to me how my cousin had a worse k/d than me and less wins and gets ranked better. He was ranked onyx for free for all and i was ranked diamond 1.

My service record- https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/service-records/arena/players/xspart4n%201337x
His service record- https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/service-records/arena/players/kingnick01as

I have a k/d of 1.279 with 7 wins out of 10 games
The 3 losses were 2nd place
He has a k/d of 0.828 with 0 wins out of 14 gamesSomeone please tell me what im missing here and why I got ranked worse.

Because the ranking is broken, but 343 will not admit it. And they dont care enough to put Any effort into fixing it.

what is the point of having a ranking system, if the matchmaking doesn’t place players based on their rank. makes no sense IMO.

yeah it is wack and i hate it

yea like everyone else is saying its broke

I find it skeptical too because i won 7-10 games for swat and i got gold and i was 1st place in most. Then my friend got 6-10 games and barely any in first and was ranked diamond.

Am I the only one who doesn’t seem to have a major issue with the rank system? With the exception of breakout the more I play the more even my games feel. I’ve only had a few issues with matching up against teams of 4 as a party of 1 or 2, but otherwise it seems pretty smooth. I got placed plat 1 in slayer which I clearly didn’t belong in as I was able to move easily to diamond. Now my games are more even/challenging. Same happened with FFA. I’ll give you this example since your cousins other ranks, and FFA performances mean he should have been placed that high. The problem is around 60-70% of the population that is ranked in FFA is onyx.
My only complaint is with the overall breakdown of ranks. The breakdown can be found here:

Most players get placed in plat or higher, and from there even if they perform poorly the lowest they can go is 1 in whichever rank tier they were placed in. They need to implement a system like in LoL, where if you win 10/10 the best you can place your first season is Gold 5, in H5’s case Gold 1. From there you play and rank up based on your skill and ability to play as a team. If you play bad repeatedly, quit alot, troll, etc. while ranked you will rank down. A true skill system in the background would prevent people from purposely performing bad to land in bronze/silver and be able to dump on players who belong there.
Ranks should mean something and currently unless you play arena or breakout (which still has the majority of players in plat), and strangely enough BTB, they don’t seem to.