Ranking System - How does it work

At Gamescom, 343 announced that the entire Master Chief Collection would be using Halo 2’s ranking system. Now I didn’t have Live when Halo 2 came out, so I never experienced it. I did have Halo 3 though.

Could someone please explain in detail how the ranking system works.

For a decent primer, read the following: Halo 2 Stats Overview - Bungie (2007)

If you have any followup questions, I’m happy to talk them through.

> For a decent primer, read the following: Halo 2 Stats Overview - Bungie (2007)
>
> If you have any followup questions, I’m happy to talk them through.

That chart is very confusing.I will just play,kill,win and see my level increase.

> > For a decent primer, read the following: Halo 2 Stats Overview - Bungie (2007)
> >
> > If you have any followup questions, I’m happy to talk them through.
>
> That chart is very confusing.I will just play,kill,win and see my level increase.

There you go.

Halo 2’s stats system is actually pretty simple. When you win a game in a ranked matchmaking playlist you earn experience points. When you lose a game in a ranked matchmaking playlist you lose experience points. Your total experience points determine your level. Simple.

I like the ranking system.

> 2533274963971427;4:
> > > For a decent primer, read the following: Halo 2 Stats Overview - Bungie (2007)
> > >
> > > If you have any followup questions, I’m happy to talk them through.
> >
> >
> > That chart is very confusing.I will just play,kill,win and see my level increase.
>
>
> There you go.
>
> Halo 2’s stats system is actually pretty simple. When you win a game in a ranked matchmaking playlist you earn experience points. When you lose a game in a ranked matchmaking playlist you lose experience points. Your total experience points determine your level. Simple.

Does this mean we wont get stuck at a rank like in Halo 3 after having a ton of weight? I couldn’t stand that. I like the additive Halo 2 system if it’s straight up experience.

i like it but prefer h3 cos you could still go up ranks to a certain amount just doing social and just having fun, had best of both worlds

Hopefully that means no “level locking” at any skill rank.

id like a leaderboard showing the best players per playlist

That would be a good idea. Per skill level in each list.