Ranking system can suck my left nut.

<mark>Do not post inappropriate comments, this includes thread titles.</mark>

Im pretty decent at the game if I don’t say so my self but this ranking system kills me. ‘‘Well maybe if you were good at the game you would rank up hahaahah’’ No. Half the time when I join a game of slayer or arena I either have a playe leave on my team, have team mates that blow or even better Don’t go for the objective -_- … I feel like the people that actually do good in the game should get some kind of rank. I literally go back and forth with my ranks. Win lose win lose win lose. I personally liked Halo reaches ranking system the best out of them all.

I feel this game forces a 50% W/L ratio. Too many time I have I played a game where me and my team abousolutly dominate, and then the next game, I get a bunch of gold 2s on my team and I’m forced to just lose.

This CSR is garbage, and is a horrible replacement for 1-50.

Nevermind 343 couldn’t even do 1-50 right.

100% agree. H2 ranks were by far the best.

When reach is back word compatible I will play that more than 5 at least that was fun to where I didn’t have to play my hardest every game just to get killed by people who are scared to die

I actually think the ranking system isn’t bad it’s just normal it seems like any other ranking system

The whole point of the ranking system is to find similar skilled players that will ultimately produce about a 50% chance of winning. If you are constantly wining then losing, then it sounds like you are appropriately ranked.

In looking at how your ranks tier downward though playlists
FFA Onyx
Slayer Diamond 1
Swat Diamond 1
Breakout Gold 5
Team Arena Gold 2

I am honestly not trying to be judgmental or point fingers, but it looks to me like you are more of a selfish solo kind of player. Your ranks go noticeably downward as the play style demands more teamwork.

I’m a Warzone guy- but I agree with you on the system. I hit level 30 a day or two ago, and what do I get? A bronze pack.

I mean, come onnnnn We should start getting silver after 25, don’t you think?

Also, I gotta ask. Why not the right?

Bring back 1-50! As well as a better matchmaking lobby layout so we can see who we are up against.

> 2610345319735860;6:
> The whole point of the ranking system is to find similar skilled players that will ultimately produce about a 50% chance of winning. If you are constantly wining then losing, then it sounds like you are appropriately ranked.
>
> In looking at how your ranks tier downward though playlists
> FFA Onyx
> Slayer Diamond 1
> Swat Diamond 1
> Breakout Gold 5
> Team Arena Gold 2
>
> I am honestly not trying to be judgmental or point fingers, but it looks to me like you are more of a selfish solo kind of player. Your ranks go noticeably downward as the play style demands more teamwork.

Excellent response.

> 2610345319735860;6:
> The whole point of the ranking system is to find similar skilled players that will ultimately produce about a 50% chance of winning. If you are constantly wining then losing, then it sounds like you are appropriately ranked.

No, if the ranking system was working right I would be getting diamonds on my team against other diamonds.

You can’t defend this BS. This is just poorly designed nonsense.

Microsoft’s TrueSkill system is still the backbone of all Xbox games including Halo 5: Guardians’ matchmaking. A player’s TrueSkill level going into a new game brings with it a provisional rating based on their overall matchmaking history on Xbox Live; though, under the new game their standard deviation will be wide which means the initial performances will be quite impactful and is also the reason why 10 matches are necessary before assigning someone a Competitive Skill Rank (CSR) for a playlist.

The placement matches that a player plays to earn their CSR within Arena is measuring their individual performance against all the other individuals within the match; teammates included. The CSRs use Microsoft’s TrueSkill system to determine whether or not a player is performing above or below expectations according to the TrueSkill levels of their opponents and teammates. Prior to earning a playlist CSR the matchmaking system depends solely on a player’s TrueSkill level to find relatively fair opponents.

Once a player is given a divisional rank for a particular playlist based on their “placement” performances in relation to the TrueSkill levels they competed against and with then moving up and down the tiers within the division they got placed into (or numerical number within Onyx) is based solely on match outcomes (wins verse losses); in other words, within team-based game types their CSRs are no longer influenced by the individual performance they put up, but instead by the team’s performance. If a player is able to win consistently enough they can earn the ability to go up to the next divisional rank, but they can never lose enough to drop below the divisional rank they’re in (this is meant to prevent people from trying to delevel).

All in all, Microsoft’s TrueSkill system is the main component factoring into CSRs and the matchmaking search system; although, the playlist CSRs do provide the matchmaking system further refinement in trying to locate more ideal match-ups by being game type specific. The individual performances during the placement stage and the ability to win matches after receiving a CSR seem to be the means by which most try to understand CSRs, but people need to understand that there’s much more factoring into it then just those two things on the surface. Also, the more experience a player puts into the game and playlist the more reliable and accurate their TrueSkill and CSR should become.

> 2610345319735860;6:
>
> FFA Onyx
> Slayer Diamond 1
> Swat Diamond 1
> Breakout Gold 5
> Team Arena Gold 2
>
> I am honestly not trying to be judgmental or point fingers, but it looks to me like you are more of a selfish solo kind of player. Your ranks go noticeably downward as the play style demands more teamwork.

Well said

> 2533274798774028;12:
> > 2610345319735860;6:
> > The whole point of the ranking system is to find similar skilled players that will ultimately produce about a 50% chance of winning. If you are constantly wining then losing, then it sounds like you are appropriately ranked.
> >
> > In looking at how your ranks tier downward though playlists
> > FFA Onyx
> > Slayer Diamond 1
> > Swat Diamond 1
> > Breakout Gold 5
> > Team Arena Gold 2
> >
> > I am honestly not trying to be judgmental or point fingers, but it looks to me like you are more of a selfish solo kind of player. Your ranks go noticeably downward as the play style demands more teamwork.
>
>
> Well said

No, poorly said. This is a false cause fallacy.
It’s impossible to play well with randoms. OP is clearly good and does well in game types non reliant on others.

PST: OP if you’re looking for teammates I’ll play with you, breaux.

> 2533274828472028;7:
> I’m a Warzone guy- but I agree with you on the system. I hit level 30 a day or two ago, and what do I get? A bronze pack.
>
> I mean, come onnnnn We should start getting silver after 25, don’t you think?
>
> Also, I gotta ask. Why not the right?

This game isn’t good enough to get the right one.

> 2610345319735860;6:
>
> FFA Onyx
> Slayer Diamond 1
> Swat Diamond 1
> Breakout Gold 5
> Team Arena Gold 2
>

Not at all, I can work great with a team if I didn’t get pared up with people that suck, I was in a game today with some little kid that was screaming every time he died, Like what the hell. After grinding most of the day I finally ranked up in Arena, Yeah FFA is my highest rank but only because I don’t have to worry about holding a team above water the whole match.

Yeah, I went 9-1 in 10 games in swat, and had a 2.0 KDR. It placed me in Platinum 1. I then proceeded to play games in which every player other than myself was in onyx, and it took me forever to rank up. It gives me a bad rank, then matches me with good ranks and forces me to rank up like that. Extremely flawed system.

Well someone’s upset…

Maybe make it so that the top 3 performers absolutely can not be reduced in rank, no matter what. Say I finish a game of Slayer and I go 20 - 6 but my team lost anyway due to horrible teammates. I wouldn’t go up OR down. It would just leave me where I am.

I think that’s fair. Playing great, despite being on a horrible team is quite the feat. It should not be rewarded with demotion. Especially when it’s the poor skill matching system’s fault.