Ranking system broken?

Can someone please explain how the ranking system works? I sincerely don’t understand it. I’m a gold tier III and almost every match is against pro and semi pro.

I thought the point of the system is to pair you up with equally skilled players.

I am queuing solo, could that be the cause or just too few people playing so everyone’s partied up?

Yes, the ranking system is broken. So is match making.

They will have to prove this is fixed before I buy the game. Otherwise I’ll wait for a used copy to play the campaign.

Strong Holds is the most broken, you rank up by getting kills not by capturing strongholds! So, the match turns into slayer instead of an objective mode! :frowning:

I love how every game is decided by who has the kid playing his first game that is going to stand still and AR and go 0-20.

> 2533274859583324;4:
> I love how every game is decided by who has the kid playing his first game that is going to stand still and AR and go 0-20.

ahhhh yes i’ve had a couple of these, i enjoyed my rage and the Advil i took after those games.

> 2533274811643195;5:
> > 2533274859583324;4:
> > I love how every game is decided by who has the kid playing his first game that is going to stand still and AR and go 0-20.
>
>
> ahhhh yes i’ve had a couple of these, i enjoyed my rage and the Advil i took after those games.

Over the years it’s got worse as the games went on, this is how I remember it went.

Halo 3 players went -5

Halo Reach players went -8

Halo players went -10

Halo 5 Beta players went -15

And they say ability’s are a crutch!

Playing solo on this game is -Yoinking!- disgraceful!! Seriously the teams are ridiculous. Just played slayer, my team all went ridiculously neg except me. I managed to creep above a neg kd but the other team just slayed the bejesus out of us. The spawns too!! Who the hell thought its a good idea to let ppl spawn with another player aiming the sniper directly at them when 80% of the rest of the map was clear. FML, F halo 5 solo. F the crap connection this game has 90% of the time. Yes, my butt now hurts

343 sort this game and it could be amazing. I know it can be. I’ve had some incredible matches but now it’s just like you’ve screwed the matchmaking and given up on the game, got out your mountain bike and decided to go downhilling.

I believe it should be like this: You rank up for winning, but you don’t do anything for losing. That way, you get rewarded by skill but you won’t go down because you have an unskilled team and it would allow for more casual fans or beginner players to enjoy themselves and not feel like they are hurting everyone else

Should be based around personal score and wins. That way little billy can’t get carried 10 games and get placed in semi pro. Also think getting placed in a skill ranking like that should take more than 10 games for anyone.

You win and lose as a team. That’s how it is in real life. If a football player has an amazing game but his team loses, it’s still counted as a loss and they all drop in their ranking as at team. That’s how it works, you’re wanting it based off an individual but that’s not how it works.

> 2533274889350043;10:
> You win and lose as a team. That’s how it is in real life. If a football player has an amazing game but his team loses, it’s still counted as a loss and they all drop in their ranking as at team. That’s how it works, you’re wanting it based off an individual but that’s not how it works.

Should be based on both wins and individual skill, halo is not football. One player in MM can carry a team if they are good enough.

> 2533274898131165;11:
> > 2533274889350043;10:
> > You win and lose as a team. That’s how it is in real life. If a football player has an amazing game but his team loses, it’s still counted as a loss and they all drop in their ranking as at team. That’s how it works, you’re wanting it based off an individual but that’s not how it works.
>
>
> Should be based on both wins and individual skill, halo is not football. One player in MM can carry a team if they are good enough.

No. A team is made up a strong and weak links. When you lose at anything in life, you don’t point fingers and say “we lost because of him!” You go up as a team and you go down as a team. When you say that it should be based off individual kill/death ratio, that encourages lone wolves instead of team players.

Also, don’t take an example that applies to team sports and say “Halo is different.” It is defended by the community for being a team based game. Saying a player that does well should be rewarded more than his teammates is just plain selfish.

Why is my rank affected by other players? I cant control them i cant force them to go for the obj. I get it its a team thing, but seriously im going get punished for something that is out of my reach? I have played far to many games where my teammates abandon a game and I get punished for it. Am I seriously expected to complete a 2v4 and hold the obj and win? I can have all the kills on the team and all the obj score but if my team loses my rank goes down. Some people don’t take the game seriously and play casually or some people only want kills and dont go for the obj. I don’t mind that but why should another players play style affect my individual rank. Thats not fair at all this system makes no sense.