Ranking system as of 10/31/12

They just said it on the livestream on 343i’s Twitch channel. So there you have it folks.

The reason for the system is because they do not want people to focus on getting to a certain number. They said that skill is taken into account of the people you play with, as well as the people you play against. It is hidden to everyone, including yourself.

There IS a skill based ranking system that is hidden. Don’t let anyone else try to fool you into thinking that no such thing exists, because it is there.

This is different from Reach everyone. Reach did not have a hidden system for every playlist, the only skill that was involved was with Arena and we all know how that ended up.

OFFICIALLY IT IS NOT SEEN BY PLAYER…

FAIL

David Ellis just said this on twitch…we thought this was probably gonna happen, but now the heart hurts now that it is official:(

That is some sad news… I honestly thought they were going to surprise us and have at least one ranked hopper…dang

And here… we… go…!

Sweet merciful Jesus…a rank thread! How refreshing.

Pre-order cancelled

I’m kidding

What do you mean by hidden, like a secret tracker?

> That is some sad news… I honestly thought they were going to surprise us and have at least one ranked hopper…dang

I’m not sad, I’m glad that there actually is something involved with a player’s skill. Hopefully it works.

ZeNiiiiTH - 50

Having a rank next to your name proves nothing, prove your skill in-game instead of boasting over a number.

PLEASE let this thread DIE!!

> What do you mean by hidden, like a secret tracker?

Yeah basically that. He said that players cannot see it, including you I THINK. He said it couldn’t be seen by players and that’s it. We’ll learn more about it soon probably.

Well at least that will quell SOME of the whining.

Great, I guess this game will last as long as Halo Reach to me.

> Well at least that will quell SOME of the whining.

Definitely. I’m glad that we finally have an answer to the question.

so will team of 4s be matched against other teams of 4

I am happy there is at least some sort of ranking system be it hidden or not. I just happen to be one of those people that like to see a skill based rank. I am competitive and I enjoy that part. Not a game breaker for me, but I still wanted it. Oh well I guess, as long as the game is solid and I get paired up with people of equal skill i will be a happy camper.

> PLEASE let this thread DIE!!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

The only thing that is dead is fair and balanced matches.

Enjoy getting -Yoink- on you bks who hate getting “spawned trapped”. You guys should have been the ones most wanting a rank system.

smh

Yay, now I know this game will last less than 6 months to me.

> so will team of 4s be matched against other teams of 4

He didn’t go into specifics about that.

> > PLEASE let this thread DIE!!

Someone didn’t listen very well.