Ranking system a joke

It seems that lately most games including the Halo saga have used the never ending and always ranking up system. no matter how bad your performance has been.it seems that now they encourage evryone to play and play and play and no matter how bad they are they eventually have this level with a fancy name that means absolutely nothing because its just the name that its fancy and good not their skill level. I would like to see Halo 4 adopt the same or similar ranking system that halo 2 had. where it was not easy to rank up and would level you down if you had a bad performance. 50 levels to rank up where you played people that had your same rank level or similar.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You’re a joke.

i agree that the 50 level system gives people a better idea as to a persons skill level and not just how much they play. but you have to remember that games like cod have attracted a much larger audience to the gaming scene. now that we have a large group of people with more time than skill, its in 343’s best interest to keep them engaged by giving out awards and metals just for playing. literally dangling a carrot to keep em moving you know? you can still check peoples stats to see how goo they really are so it shouldn’t bother you so much.

we have absolutely no idea how the ranking system works yet, so its a little early to call it a joke

The only ranking system I want is 1-50.

> You’re a joke.

You’re a joke. = Welcome to the forums. Lol

its easy to see why they do it. its like giving everyone a happy face sticker for their effort. but that is good when you are a kid in school to build confidence. but that is why they have the competitive side and the relax environment where none care how bad or good they do. I would like to see at lead one mode maybe doubles of 4vs4.

its safe to assume it will be very similar to cod’s system. they seem to be going about the weapon customization the same way so it makes sense.

You are a Joke he says.I can tell he has a lot to say.LOL

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

I COMPLETELY AGREE COCTEAU. HALO 2 HAD A REAL RANKING SYSTEM I UNDERSTAND THEY WANT TO HAVE NOOBS HAPPY BUT I DONT SEE WHY THEY CANT AT LEAST INCLUDE 1 PLAYLIST THAT HAS A REAL RANKING SYSTEM AND STILL HAVE ALL THE OTHER PLAY LISTS WERE U CAN KEEP ACCUMULATING EXPERIENCE POINTS TO GET ACHIEVEMENTS OR UNLOCK ARMOR.

The ranking system in a game HAS to be the LEAST of my worries…

Do you seriously think it’s important? I’d rather they focus more on Campaign, Custom games, Forge, multiplayer, maps, armour, ect.

> It seems that lately most games including the Halo saga have used the never ending and always ranking up system. no matter how bad your performance has been.it seems that now they encourage evryone to play and play and play and no matter how bad they are they eventually have this level with a fancy name that means absolutely nothing because its just the name that its fancy and good not their skill level. I would like to see Halo 4 adopt the same or similar ranking system that halo 2 had. where it was not easy to rank up and would level you down if you had a bad performance. 50 levels to rank up where you played people that had your same rank level or similar.

First off, welcome to waypoint! Second, Halo 2’s system for determining rank was awful, and if a 1-50 skill-based ranking is implemented, it should certainly be based off of Halo 3’s. That being said, I don’t see the need for this if 343 can make trueskill work better, at which Bungie failed in Reach

ME TOO HELL MEKE IT 1-100 BUT THE SAME AS HALO 2 WERE U COULD GO UP IF UR GOOD OR DOWN IF U DO BAD

i would assume they would have the arena like in reach where you could play at a more competitive level.

Well if you have a good ranking system. skill would be a factor on how you will be paired to play. which would require more skill on your part to active multiple kills, capture a flag anymore. team work would be the deciding factor on very match.

> its easy to see why they do it. its like giving everyone a happy face sticker for their effort. but that is good when you are a kid in school to build confidence. but that is why they have the competitive side and the relax environment where none care how bad or good they do. I would like to see at lead one mode maybe doubles of 4vs4.

I like Halo 3’s star system better.

THAT IS A PART OF MULTIPLAYER IS THE BEST PART OF IT. IF U DONT CARE ABOUT THE RANK THEN GO PLAY CAMPAIGN AND STAY THERE PLAYER WITH GOOD SKILL CARE ALL THE REST SAY WHAT U JUST POSTED

> THAT IS A PART OF MULTIPLAYER IS THE BEST PART OF IT. IF U DONT CARE ABOUT THE RANK THEN GO PLAY CAMPAIGN AND STAY THERE PLAYER WITH GOOD SKILL CARE ALL THE REST SAY WHAT U JUST POSTED

See 343. Do it for the children.

1-50 RANKING MAKES MORE SENCE IF U ARE A LEVEL 40 AND YOU GO INTO A RANKED MATCH BY UR SELF YO WILL GET PEOPLE IN UR TEAM THAT IS 38-43 LEVEL ON THE CONTRARY IF THERE IS NO RANK U DON GET TO PLAY PEOPLE OF YOUR SAME OR SIMILAR SKILL BECAUSE EXPERIENCE DOES NOT SHOW HOW GOOD SOMEONE IS IT MIGHT LOOK GOOD BUT THATS IT. THERE CAN BE A COMBINATION HAVE A RANKED PLAYLIST AND STILL HAVE OTHER PLAYLISTS THAT GIVE U NOOB EXPERIENCE POINTS

> we have absolutely no idea how the ranking system works yet, so its a little early to call it a joke

QFT