Ranking....sigh

So let me guess. When the ranking comes, everybody here becomes “that” person.

A rough example

Player 1: “This sucks”
Player 2: “No it doesn’t”
Player 1: “You are not CSR 45, your opinion doesn’t matter here”

I don’t think that’ll be the case. I think that was one of the reasons it’s not in-game. They didn’t want this happening as much.

This is hilarious. Grow a pair, dude. In any event, if they stat flame, their post will be hidden and they’ll receive a warning.

I fail to see how that is a problem. Things like this happen in real life all the time.

You’re right… let’s just make Halo into a game that awards you with participation medals like today’s youth sports. Oh wait, they already do that with the distraction medal. Who cares if people talk trash? If they get that excited about a rank in a video game, then you can just have the piece of mind of knowing their actual life probably sucks. I for one want to see ranks so that people might actually go for objectives, and not be K/D stat whores in literally every playlist.

> You’re right… let’s just make Halo into a game that awards you with participation medals like today’s youth sports. Oh wait, they already do that with the distraction medal. Who cares if people talk trash? If they get that excited about a rank in a video game, then you can just have the piece of mind of knowing their actual life probably sucks. I for one want to see ranks so that people might actually go for objectives, and not be K/D stat whores in literally every playlist.

I was hoping the same thing, but my understanding is that it won;t be based off w/l rather k/d, even in objective games :confused: probably gonna get even worse

> You’re right… let’s just make Halo into a game that awards you with participation medals like today’s youth sports. Oh wait, they already do that with the distraction medal. Who cares if people talk trash? If they get that excited about a rank in a video game, then you can just have the piece of mind of knowing their actual life probably sucks. I for one want to see ranks so that people might actually go for objectives, and not be K/D stat whores in literally every playlist.

Speaking of medals, this post deserves one. If someone’s trying to put someone else down over CSR, that person is either grasping at straws to discredit someone else’s valid argument, or is targeting others because they have nothing better to do with their time.

It’s alright to brag a bit here and there, but what I want out of this is an incentive for team play. That’s the main difference, to me, between team gametypes in Halo 3 and 4. Teams never play together in Halo 4, everyone just lone-wolfs it all game, occasionally racking up kills or capping flags just to boost their personal score. I think one of the main reasons that Halo 4’s population has dropped so much is that a lot of people quickly advanced to SR-130 and got bored with the game because they had been playing so long just to rank up.

> > You’re right… let’s just make Halo into a game that awards you with participation medals like today’s youth sports. Oh wait, they already do that with the distraction medal. Who cares if people talk trash? If they get that excited about a rank in a video game, then you can just have the piece of mind of knowing their actual life probably sucks. I for one want to see ranks so that people might actually go for objectives, and not be K/D stat whores in literally every playlist.
>
> I was hoping the same thing, but my understanding is that it won;t be based off w/l rather k/d, even in objective games :confused: probably gonna get even worse

Oh joy. The worst part is when the people going for K/D still suck. If you’re being a K/D -Yoink!-, but put up 30 kills, I can live with it. However, I played a couple games with people who were just plain awful. I played one today where I had the most time for KOTH in the lobby, most kills, and least deaths… STILL lost. This also points to how awful the hidden skill system is if something like that can happen. It doesn’t help that I constantly get people who aren’t there as well thanks to it auto-queing another game. I liked H2’s system of making you restart matchmaking every time. Sure, it took a bit longer, but you didn’t have the issue of idle teammates.

Having a high CSR represents understanding and how to work with the mechanics to ones advantage. If a player with a CSR of 5 is telling us how to play and starts spouting out some misinformative -Yoink- I’m obviously going to call them out on it.

Simple.

Granted the time spent to rank up to 130, is much easier and faster than ranking up on Reach, but i think (and this is only my opinion) is that besides having the standard ranking system, but fully have a skill ranking in play, as well as the fun ranking.

Yes, lets have a duel ranking system in place.

Yes, i know that this will not be ok with a lot of people, but why not? Why not create a duel ranking system that shows one rank that constantly climbs through the ranks, determined by Cr’s giving. Then there will be the skill ranking that will fluctuate, depending upon your actual performances in game.

Yes, i know this is nothing new, but it is a good over all ideal, but would have to most likely wait till Halo 5.