Ranking needs to be reconsidered ( Wins vs stats )

I literally just played a game of SWAT where my 4th teammate left at start, and I got stuck with two “unranked players”, who went 3:16 and 5:15 respectively. I went 14:15. Not only did we play against a plat level team, but my teammates were unranked and completely useless, yet my rank dropped even though I did decent considering the odds.

Why is it that once your ranked the only thing that ever matters is win count? It’s unbalanced and unfair as a loss takes more points away than a win awards.

And for those people saying “Just play with your friends”, We have different lives and different schedules, I can’t always play with them. I just think that unranked should be ranked against equivalent players, not whoever has a spot open. I know that there’s data in the systems that give a “tentative” rank before the final rank.

It’s not purely win/loss, the rank of your opponents and some other things are taken into consideration (343 haven’t specified what the other thigns are though). There is no real difference from Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranking systems, except Halo 5 doesn’t use a number and has protection against deliberate derankers

The ranking system is awful in Halo 5. I’ll routinely go 15-5 or close with teammates who barely manage 3-15. No matter how well I do My rank goes down because my team loses and I always get placed with inattentive / newbies going against veterans. I remember when you could lose a game, but still have done well enough to rank up. KDA, Medal count, etc should be the factors, not straight win/loss. It’s absurd.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> It’s not purely win/loss, the rank of your opponents and some other things are taken into consideration (343 haven’t specified what the other thigns are though). There is no real difference from Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranking systems, except Halo 5 doesn’t use a number and has protection against deliberate derankers

It is absolutely win/loss. A buddy of mine and I were Platinum 1 together in Breakout. We’re both decent but I routinely had double his kills with less deaths and I somehow ended up on win BEHIND him when we only played together. Several weeks of watching our ranks go up and down and our individual stats made NO DIFFERENCE. If 343 says they take stats other than straight win/loss into consideration for ranking, it is a flat out lie.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> It’s not purely win/loss, the rank of your opponents and some other things are taken into consideration (343 haven’t specified what the other thigns are though). There is no real difference from Halo 2 and Halo 3 ranking systems, except Halo 5 doesn’t use a number and has protection against deliberate derankers

To get a rank, I believe that. But the problem I’m having is once I get ranked, I closely watch the progress I make. If I win 10:7, I go up, but if I lose 10:7 ( same KD, 0 assists ), the loss takes me down more than the win did. So regardless of my performance, I still go down more with a loss, than I go up with a win.

I’m not sure I agree with the “not purely win/loss”, as I’ve watched it a lot. It’s rather annoying that the team size, relative rank, KDA, etc are not taken into account. The game I was in earlier shows what I am referring to. I did decently well for the situation, yet I dropped a significant amount considering.

Oh, and also, in consideration to Halo 3 ranking, it was broke as well. I did better than my teammate did ( all we played ranked was Doubles ), and I’d carry the team and never go up past 32, whereas he kept going up even though he would get 5-9 kills each game of the 25 needed to win. So arguing a system is based off of a broken system doesn’t make it “not broken”.

The rank of your opponents is also in play here, so if you are losing against lower ranks then your rank will take a bigger hit. If you win against lower ranks you won’t see that -Yoink!- of a jump

> 2533274811519642;1:
> I literally just played a game of SWAT where my 4th teammate left at start, and I got stuck with two “unranked players”, who went 3:16 and 5:15 respectively. I went 14:15. Not only did we play against a plat level team, but my teammates were unranked and completely useless, yet my rank dropped even though I did decent considering the odds.
>
> Why is it that once your ranked the only thing that ever matters is win count? It’s unbalanced and unfair as a loss takes more points away than a win awards.
>
> And for those people saying “Just play with your friends”, We have different lives and different schedules, I can’t always play with them. I just think that unranked should be ranked against equivalent players, not whoever has a spot open. I know that there’s data in the systems that give a “tentative” rank before the final rank.

I get this a lot in Slayer.

Last season I went from Bronze to Platinum 6 and I was still getting unranked players in nearly every match.

Sometimes I would have three on my side with low CSR’s.

They nearly alway unbalance the game resulting in 50-25 score lines.

I can understand playing with unranked players once in a while, but nearly every game?

I just don’t think there are enough players in each rank. There were hardly any games where both teams were fully Platinum.

This also causes a problem that because the players are a lower rank, you gain less CSR when you win, and you lose more when you lose. Not exactly fair is it.

How can you make this argument…with a .9 kd and then judge someone based on one game.